FL: Glock fails on homeowner only able to kill 2 of the robbers.

This is the forum for self-defense stories and reports, whether yours or those of others.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 2

FL: Glock fails on homeowner only able to kill 2 of the robbers.

Post by philip964 »

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020 ... -suspects/

Home invasion at 1am. I wonder what video game he was playing.

Homeowner did wound the third before his Glock failed to fire. Robbers gun also failed after one round. No mention of his gun.

Imagine an America where only the criminals had guns.

https://www.fox13news.com/news/wesley-c ... er-charges

Got to love Florida. Wounded third suspect held by neighbor with a gun till police arrive. Third suspect will face murder charges, since someone died in the commission of a felony.

dlh
Posts in topic: 1

Re: FL: Glock fails on homeowner only able to kill 2 of the robbers.

Post by dlh »

A Glock failed? Bound to be fake news. :)
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

Syntyr

Post by Syntyr »

Must have been one of those 1911 Glocks!

<ducking>

He had a 10mm Kriss Vector. Should have picked that up first!
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

My 21SF failed once. I had to shoot off hand and limp wristed it. The case did not eject fully. I pulled the empty case out and chambered a new round and went bang when I pulled the trigger. That took 3-4 seconds.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

C-dub wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:25 pm My 21SF failed once. I had to shoot off hand and limp wristed it. The case did not eject fully. I pulled the empty case out and chambered a new round and went bang when I pulled the trigger. That took 3-4 seconds.
In 1996 I was forced to shoot with my left hand and I am right handed. Got off two rounds and the case from the second round did not fully eject. Fortunately that was enough to cause my attackers to flee. I am sure it was due to "limp wristing". Just after that I started practicing with left handed firing. I now have a much better control of the firearm. I think any hand gun will do this if limp wristed and in the heat of a real confrontation, it is easy to make mistakes.

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

In a stress situation you can easily ‘limp wrist’ you firearm. Glocks (and some other lighter semis) are bad about stove-piping or failing to go to battery when they don’t have a solid grip for the action to work against and counteract the inertia from the slide.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

The only Glock I’ve had some quirks with was G29, and I’m pretty certain that I was using a girlie hold causing fte’s. That little sub Glock can be pretty jumpy with a stout 10mm. Whenever I’d concentrate on my hold more that never happened.

AF-Odin

Post by AF-Odin »

What ammo was he using? Have never had a problem with SD ammo, but have had a couple of issues with WWB and bad primers in my Glock 19.
AF-Odin
Texas LTC, SSC & FRC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

howdy

Post by howdy »

Article sounds like "that's my story and I'm sticking to it"
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Keith B wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:58 am In a stress situation you can easily ‘limp wrist’ you firearm. Glocks (and some other lighter semis) are bad about stove-piping or failing to go to battery when they don’t have a solid grip for the action to work against and counteract the inertia from the slide.
Exactly and something I would bet many don't think about until it happens. It is the kind of thing that could get you killed in a self defense situation. The 2-3 seconds it takes to recognize and clear a stovepipe is 2-3 seconds too long.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I’ve seen my wife's Gen3 G19 malfunction once or twice; but she sometimes forgets to get her hand higher up in the grip, so she doesn’t always have good recoil management ..... limp-wristing it. Several times I’ve previously said on these pages that Glocks are mechanical devices, and just like any mechanical device, they can malfunction. However, ammunition-caused kabooms aside, failures of Glock pistols seem to be almost entirely the result of either poor gun-handling, or EXTREME physical abuse. They don’t seem to be at all bothered by ammunition choice, irregular maintenance, or being dropped out of helicopters.

Dude should have picked up the Kriss Vector first, anyway. Handguns are for fighting your way to the long gun you shouldn’t have ever put down in the first place. :mrgreen:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

flechero

Post by flechero »

I'm surprised by the number of responses with personal glock fails....

I do find it curious that when a 1911 fails, it's an unreliable gun, old/poor design, yada, yada yada... but it's a big deal. However, when a glock fails, well it's just a poor grip or limp wrist, no big deal made of it. :confused5

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

4 Chan has posted that he showed off his gun collection on line.

Return to “Self-Defense Reports”