What is CHLs United?

CHL's United is a movement with a single goal of removing unnecessary and potentially dangerous restrictions on Texas Concealed Handgun Licensees.

Moderators: Charles L. Cotton, carlson1


flechero
Senior Member
Posts: 1222
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:04 pm
Location: Central Texas

Re: What is CHLs United?

Postby flechero » Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:51 pm

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
The cost to participate in CHL’s United will be only $10/year [/url]



Charles,

I went to donate and the checkout/paypal screen says $10/mo instead of $10/yr.

Can you confirm which it is?

Thanks,
Keith


viking1000
Senior Member
Posts: 222
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:04 pm
Location: Texas Hill Country

Re: What is CHLs United?

Postby viking1000 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:59 pm

Payment made........I'm in......

User avatar

Wes
Senior Member
Posts: 885
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:02 pm
Location: Ft Worth
Contact:

Re: What is CHLs United?

Postby Wes » Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:05 pm

K5GU wrote:Charles, I just signed up. FYI - I tried both "debit." and "credit" card options but it failed with something like, "cannot use same card and email address as Paypal uses".


If you have a paypal account, you can not use the link on the PayPal page that says "Don't have a PayPal Account? Pay with a debit/credit card or PayPal Credit" to pay with a credit card that is already on file with your PayPal account. Not sure why paypal wouldn't have mentioned this to Charles as a possible reason but if you clicked that link instead of logging in, then that is why.

Joined, good luck Charles and thank you for your continued hard work to help the CHL community.
Last edited by Wes on Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alliance Arsenal - Firearms and transfers in north Ft. Worth

User avatar

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts: 16582
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:31 pm
Location: Friendswood, TX
Contact:

Re: What is CHLs United?

Postby Charles L. Cotton » Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:08 pm

flechero wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:
The cost to participate in CHL’s United will be only $10/year [/url]



Charles,

I went to donate and the checkout/paypal screen says $10/mo instead of $10/yr.

Can you confirm which it is?

Thanks,
Keith


I think you went to the Support TFC page rather than "CHL's United." Here's a direct link. The donation link is at the bottom of the page.

Thanks,
Chas.
Image


flechero
Senior Member
Posts: 1222
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:04 pm
Location: Central Texas

Re: What is CHLs United?

Postby flechero » Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:15 pm

Charles,

That was it- joined and donated.

Thanks again for all you do!

Keith

User avatar

tomtexan
Senior Member
Posts: 1183
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:42 pm
Location: Henderson County, TX

Re: What is CHLs United?

Postby tomtexan » Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:23 pm

Joined, donated and done.

:thumbsup:
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.
NRA Life Member


Eric Lamberson
Member
Posts: 143
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:35 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX
Contact:

Re: What is CHLs United?

Postby Eric Lamberson » Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:27 pm

Joined. BTW--I had the opportunity to speak with a Senator at a recent function. I asked what was the best way to communicate with our Senators and Representatives. He said a typed and signed letter was an extremely effective tool and always carried weight.
Massad Ayoob Group Staff Instructor, NRA Life Member, Pistol instructor, and RSO;
Texas LTC Instructor, IDPA 6-gun Master, Suarez International Affiliate


Abraham
Senior Member
Posts: 6981
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:43 am

Re: What is CHLs United?

Postby Abraham » Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:42 am

I'm really surprised that so many here have yet to join.

$10.00 isn't much to ask and will go a long way if we all pitch in.

C'mon people - sign up and donate.

User avatar

Jago668
Senior Member
Posts: 691
Joined: Sun May 03, 2015 12:31 am

Re: What is CHLs United?

Postby Jago668 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:19 am

Signed up and paid.
NRA Benefactor Member


chasfm11
Senior Member
Posts: 3143
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:01 pm
Location: Northern DFW

Re: What is CHLs United?

Postby chasfm11 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:50 am

I'm in, too. Used Paypal with no issues.

Thanks for doing this. You are such a contributor to this community.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dun Spiro Spero

User avatar

Jeff B.
Senior Member
Posts: 378
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:21 pm
Location: Flower Mound

Re: What is CHLs United?

Postby Jeff B. » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:16 am

Another supporter.

As the initial post was up yesterday, I think the response is pretty good. Think about how to spread the word out beyond this site and to other sites that have significant numbers of CHL holders.

Jeff B.
Don’t ever let someone get away with telling you that no one wants to take your guns. - Joe Huffman

User avatar

Crossfire
Moderator
Posts: 5359
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:27 am
Location: DFW
Contact:

Re: What is CHLs United?

Postby Crossfire » Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:01 am

Done, and posted to Facebook too!
Texas LTC and Utah CFP Instructor, MorphoTrust Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

User avatar

puma guy
Senior Member
Posts: 5058
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:23 pm
Location: Near San Jacinto

Re: What is CHLs United?

Postby puma guy » Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:20 am

Joined. Now I'll have to figure out how to post it on FaceBook.
Done! Got it on my FaceBook!
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!
Image

User avatar

K5GU
Senior Member
Posts: 609
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:36 am
Location: Texas

Re: What is CHLs United?

Postby K5GU » Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:47 am

Wes wrote:
K5GU wrote:Charles, I just signed up. FYI - I tried both "debit." and "credit" card options but it failed with something like, "cannot use same card and email address as Paypal uses".


If you have a paypal account, you can not use the link on the PayPal page that says "Don't have a PayPal Account? Pay with a debit/credit card or PayPal Credit" to pay with a credit card that is already on file with your PayPal account. Not sure why paypal wouldn't have mentioned this to Charles as a possible reason but if you clicked that link instead of logging in, then that is why.

Joined, good luck Charles and thank you for your continued hard work to help the CHL community.

Thanks Wes. You're exactly right. I didn't realize those two methods were mutually exclusive. I learn at least one new thing per day!
Life is good.

User avatar

K5GU
Senior Member
Posts: 609
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:36 am
Location: Texas

Re: What is CHLs United?

Postby K5GU » Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:52 am

Jeff B. wrote:Another supporter.

As the initial post was up yesterday, I think the response is pretty good. Think about how to spread the word out beyond this site and to other sites that have significant numbers of CHL holders.

Jeff B.

I put a link on one of my website's http://analogthinker.com/ default page under "breaking news". It goes to the TFC main page which is where I think Charles keeps the top news, timelines, etc.
Life is good.


Return to “Good Guys United”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest