CHLs United: Donations suspended

CHL's United is a movement with a single goal of removing unnecessary and potentially dangerous restrictions on Texas Concealed Handgun Licensees.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 1

CHLs United: Donations suspended

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

I want to thank Dad24GreatKids for his post encouraging senior Forum Members to join the CHLs United movement. I also want to thank the 73 folks who joined the movement and made a $10 donation and the 42 additional people who joined but had trouble with PayPal.

Dad24GreatKids' post and those following it prompted me to look into the problem with the redirecting to PayPal. In doing so, I realized that the CHLs United effort is not going to be successful. The Forum has over 16,000 Members. My hope was that a large percentage of our Members would join and ask their friends and family who are CHLs to do likewise. These folks could then recruit others until we had a very large percentage of Texas CHLs in the fold. Unfortunately, only 6/10 of 1 percent of Forum Members joined the movement. If we can't get a good response here among a strong pro-gun, pro-CHL population, we aren't going to be successful recruiting elsewhere. Therefore, donations to CHLs United have been suspended and the website has been removed from the TFC page.

If any of the 73 people who donated want a refund, please send an email to me and I'll process the refund through PayPal. (Please do so within the next 10 days so I can process the refunds through PayPal rather than having to write and mail a check.) Any remaining donations will be used to cover the costs of the Forum and the TexasFirearmsCoalition.com websites.

Thanks to those who believed in and supported the CHLs United movement.
Chas.

treadlightly

Re: CHLs United: Donations suspended

Post by treadlightly »

Dang, pure oversight on my part. At the risk of understatement, it was stupid of me not to have joined.

sugar land dave
Posts in topic: 2

Post by sugar land dave »

I agree with treadlightly. I intended to join when a family emergency sent me out of state. Sorry this did not work out.
DPS Received Forms- 1/18/11 Online Status - 1/27/11 My Mailbox - 2/12/11
NRA Life Member

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Sorry the response was not as you expected. As for me - keep my membership fee and keep up the work you do. I will refrain from making any further comments.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

troglodyte

Post by troglodyte »

Unfortunate and disappointing. I would have thought we would put our money ($10 really?) where our mouth is.

No refund necessary.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Very sorry to see this, Charles. Unfortunately, it doesn't surprise me too much. It's easy for folks to get on a website or other medium and bloviate about how much one supports or wants something but very few will actually follow through by putting their money, time and effort where their mouth is. This theory proves out time again in many areas of life. There is a reason we have the president and government reps we have. Those that are takers are more motivated to action than those that produce.

Don't worry about refunding me the money and put it to whatever cause helps. Thanks for the effort and thought. :tiphat:
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

I'm sorry to see this happen. You may keep mine and apply toward the TFC
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

LSUTiger

Post by LSUTiger »

Keep my $10, use it for the forum or as you see fit. I'm sure it will be put to good use.

I am disappointed by the lack of response. I always get mad when I hear other gun owners grumbling about the this or that only to find out that they are not even members of the NRA or TSRA or anything.
Chance favors the prepared. Making good people helpless doesn't make bad people harmless.
There is no safety in denial. When seconds count the Police are only minutes away.
Sometimes I really wish a lawyer would chime in and clear things up. Do we have any lawyers on this forum?

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

LSUTiger wrote:Keep my $10, use it for the forum or as you see fit. I'm sure it will be put to good use.

I am disappointed by the lack of response. I always get mad when I hear other gun owners grumbling about the this or that only to find out that they are not even members of the NRA or TSRA or anything.
:iagree: with everything LSUTiger said... x10.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

Charles, keep my 10 and put it towards whatever you think will do the best.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

n5wmk

Post by n5wmk »

twomillenium wrote:Charles, keep my 10 and put it towards whatever you think will do the best.
Same here, use my donation as you see fit.
EDC CZ 2075 RAMI
NRA Benefactor Life Member
USAF 1972-1980
Texas A&M -1980-1984

Jago668

Post by Jago668 »

Put me with the others. I've gotten $10 worth of use out of the forums. So keep it and put it to good use somewhere.
NRA Benefactor Member

Javier730

Post by Javier730 »

Charles, how about having a donation section to help fund the website?
“Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity.”
― Horace Mann

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Charles, as much of your bandwidth as I have used, keep the money! :lol:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

Jago668 wrote:Put me with the others. I've gotten $10 worth of use out of the forums. So keep it and put it to good use somewhere.
:iagree:
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Return to “Good Guys United”