Please add the following bill(s) to the Bill Status Report

This forum will be open on Sept. 1, 2016.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 2

Please add the following bill(s) to the Bill Status Report

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

I will update the Bill Status Report periodically as new bills are filed and as action is taken on existing bills. This will not be done on a daily basis, so some people may think I've missed a bill. Feel free to post bill numbers and short description of bills you would like to see added to the report. As they are added, the post making the request will be deleted.

Please note that only gun bills as well as those related to their use are appropriate for the Bill Status Report. This includes the use of force under the Texas Penal Code.

Chas.

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Please add the following bill(s) to the Bill Status Report

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

I'm going to start doing short Podcasts titled "Texas Legislative Update #___" in addition to updating the Bill Status Report. I can explain a bit more in a Podcast. These should be relatively short.

Chas.

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 1

Post by bblhd672 »

Ruark wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:I'm going to start doing short Podcasts titled "Texas Legislative Update #___" in addition to updating the Bill Status Report. I can explain a bit more in a Podcast. These should be relatively short.
Is there any way to listen to a Podcast, for us non-Pod people?
Go to the TFC Podcast page, you can listen to the podcasts from that page on your computer.
https://www.texasfirearmscoalition.com/ ... p/podcasts
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

locke_n_load

Post by locke_n_load »

HB1911 - Unlicensed Carry.
CHL Holder since 10/08
NRA Certified Instructor
Former LTC Instructor

CJD

Post by CJD »

HB3801, SB1704
Relating to the eligibility requirements for a license to carry a handgun

HB1914
Relating to the issuance of a citation for the offense of trespass by certain persons carrying handguns.

HB1945
Relating to the criminal consequences of engaging in certain conduct with respect to a firearm silencer.

HB2105
Relating to the transportation and storage of firearms and ammunition in private vehicles on the campuses of institutions of higher education.

HB3006
Relating to temporary secure storage of weapons at certain public buildings; authorizing a fee.

HB3007
Relating to temporary secure storage of weapons at public buildings; authorizing a fee.

SB1736
Relating to the liability of a business that allows handguns to be carried on the business's premises.

SB1942
Relating to the transportation or storage of a handgun or other firearm or ammunition by a license holder in a motor vehicle in a parking area of a primary or secondary school.

SB1943
Relating to restrictive covenants regarding firearms or firearms ammunition.

rob777

Post by rob777 »

HB 3784: Relating to persons approved by DPS to administer online the classroom instruction part of the handgun proficiency course.
"Rescue the weak and the needy; deliver them from the hand of the wicked.”

Return to “2017 Texas Legislative Session”