SB 202 thoughts

This forum will be open on Sept. 1, 2016.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
imkopaka
Posts in topic: 2

SB 202 thoughts

Post by imkopaka »

What does everyone think of SB 202? I know a Dem wrote it, but on the surface (it leaves a lot of specifics blank) I like the concept. Teach kids how they are supposed to act around police and maybe we won't have as many punk kids acting disrespectfully (at best). Doesn't have any impact on me, as I plan to homeschool my kids. Thoughts? Maybe it will help.
Never bring a knife to a gun fight.
Carry gun: Springfield XD Tactical .45

Papa_Tiger
Posts in topic: 1

Re: SB 202 thoughts

Post by Papa_Tiger »

More indoctrination and government/bureaucratic bloat for something that should be taught by parents everywhere. More government is not the solution.

vjallen75

Post by vjallen75 »

Papa_Tiger wrote:More indoctrination and government/bureaucratic bloat for something that should be taught by parents everywhere. More government is not the solution.
I tend to agree here on that, I wouldn't want somebody else trying to teach my children their opinion of respect towards LEOs. I can do that by myself.
Vence
NRA Member, EDC: FNS-9mm
I have contact my state rep., Jonathan Stickland, about supporting HB 560. Fine out who represents you, here.

NTexCopRetired

Post by NTexCopRetired »

Problem is, how many of these "kids" that have confrontations with the CJ system have parents that care, or just parents? Like everything else, it will be dumped on the public education system to "parent" them. But it could have a positive outcome.

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

I am not for forced programs that pertain to non-educational studies. Most places have "DARE" program, which is good but not mandatory. Children are going to get their morality at home. Schools should make sure that they do not do anything to downgrade that morality. Making mandatory training for officers who should already know how to act around children seems a bit degrading to the officer, if the officer realizes their job is to serve and not to boss. Bottom line----- don't need the bill. ( at least what I read)
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

repeated and deleted again
Last edited by twomillenium on Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

I will have to oppose this bill. It can only be done as a form of indoctrination into subservience, in addition to each officer and each department having policies and procedures and every stop being different making the unified training impractical.

It is also impossible for me to obey the law because it requires me to have done something by 1990. Note that officers are required to go through the training by their second anniversary of licensing. Won't do much for the remaining 75,000 officers in Texas.
Steve Rothstein

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

I'll agree with the others here. I don't see a need for the government or our schools to be teaching something that should be taught by the parent(s). The schools already have enough on their plate and a bit too much if you ask me. Many of them are also taking on feeding kids beyond just the lunch the kids/parents pay for. They are now also giving away free lunches and some are even giving away free breakfasts. Do we have an obesity problem or a hunger problem? Maybe it's just a government problem.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

If written by a Dem then I oppose without reading it.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Topic author
imkopaka

Post by imkopaka »

bblhd672 wrote:If written by a Dem then I oppose without reading it.
So you oppose the one that does away with daylight savings time? :biggrinjester:
Never bring a knife to a gun fight.
Carry gun: Springfield XD Tactical .45

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

imkopaka wrote:
bblhd672 wrote:If written by a Dem then I oppose without reading it.
So you oppose the one that does away with daylight savings time? :biggrinjester:
Yes - unless it's a nationwide bill that affects all time zones/locations. And then, only if Dems (and RINOs) don't add a bunch of pork to the bill.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Return to “2017 Texas Legislative Session”