How do you like my new signature line?

This forum will be open on Sept. 1, 2016.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 5

How do you like my new signature line?

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

I realize few people read signature lines, but have a look at mine? When I get an answer from my Rep., I'll change it to one of the following four:
  • 1. "My State Rep. _______________ is a co-sponsor of HB560. Is yours?"
    2. "My State Rep _______________ refused to co-sponsor HB560. How about yours?
    3. "My State Rep. _______________ is not a co-sponsor of HB560, but he supports it. How about yours?
    4. "My State Rep _______________ won't tell me his position on HB560. How about yours?
As soon as the session begins, we need to start contacting the Speaker and Lt. Governor.

Chas.

TresHuevos
Posts in topic: 1

Re: How do you like my new signature line?

Post by TresHuevos »

"My State Rep Joe Moody is a liberal puke who won't even acknowledge my communications with him. How about yours?"
"Since it is so likely that children will meet cruel enemies let them at least have heard of brave knights and heroic deeds." - C.S. Lewis
My State Rep Joe Moody is a liberal puke who won't even acknowledge my communications with him. How about yours?

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Please consider adding the same thing to your signature line, please link HB560 to the article about it on http://www.TexasFirearmsCoalition.com. I'm going to make it part of my signature on Facebook posts also. We need to get the word out to people who are not regulars on the Forum.

Chas.

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

TresHuevos wrote:"My State Rep Joe Moody is a liberal puke who won't even acknowledge my communications with him. How about yours?"
Mine is Tan Parker - R and last session when I wrote a letter supporting open carry, he wrote back saying he would support it! :tiphat:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Papa_Tiger
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Papa_Tiger »

My representative is resigning as of January 10 (announced back in September, but too late to remove her from the ballot and timed so that she gets more retirement from the state for her "service" during the 85th legislature). I will be without representation in the State House until after a special election. At least she represented me well last session by being absent for most of it...

Additionally, my State Senator won't listen to me since he falls on the other si(D)e of the spectrum from my general views. I'll send e-mails/call, but I know it won't do any good.

vjallen75

Post by vjallen75 »

I have already emailed J Strickland about this bill as well as my senator. I will continue to do so, I have also spread the word to a few friends as well.
Vence
NRA Member, EDC: FNS-9mm
I have contact my state rep., Jonathan Stickland, about supporting HB 560. Fine out who represents you, here.

OldCurlyWolf

Post by OldCurlyWolf »

Too bad that as a non-resident of Texas I can't apply pressure to any State Rep. without lying to them. And I refuse to lie.
If anyone knows how I can do so without violating law or ethics, I would be quite happy to hear how.
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

I took the time this morning to write to my representative and ask for his support.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

Glockster
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Glockster »

I really hate to have to ask this, but is there an easy way to verify who your representative is, such as by inputting an address?
NRA Life Member
My State Rep Hubert won't tell me his position on HB560. How about yours?

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

Glockster wrote:I really hate to have to ask this, but is there an easy way to verify who your representative is, such as by inputting an address?
http://www.fyi.legis.state.tx.us/Home.aspx
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Glockster
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Glockster »

Flightmare wrote:
Glockster wrote:I really hate to have to ask this, but is there an easy way to verify who your representative is, such as by inputting an address?
http://www.fyi.legis.state.tx.us/Home.aspx

That's what I was looking for and for some reason Google wasn't being my friend. Thanks!!!
NRA Life Member
My State Rep Hubert won't tell me his position on HB560. How about yours?

troglodyte

Post by troglodyte »

Changed mine but now I don't have any signature line. Did I miss something?

vjallen75

Post by vjallen75 »

troglodyte wrote:Changed mine but now I don't have any signature line. Did I miss something?
Maybe you didn't click submit. I have a sometimes forget to click submit after I preview a post.
Vence
NRA Member, EDC: FNS-9mm
I have contact my state rep., Jonathan Stickland, about supporting HB 560. Fine out who represents you, here.

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

sent Congressman (R) Michael T. McCaul an email almost a week ago and requested a responce.... no answer, odd....
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

TreyHouston wrote:sent Congressman (R) Michael T. McCaul an email almost a week ago and requested a responce.... no answer, odd....
MCCaul is a US Representative and likely will not be in Austin during the next session.
:mrgreen:
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Return to “2017 Texas Legislative Session”