Methods of Contacting our Reps

This forum will be open on Sept. 1, 2016.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
troglodyte
Posts in topic: 1

Methods of Contacting our Reps

Post by troglodyte »

Now that we are gearing up for the next legislative session and we've already started sending our thoughts to our representatives I was wondering if one form of contact is preferred, or more effective, over another. With today's technology it is easy enough to send an email, fax, letter, and make a phone call, often without leaving our computer. Is it more effective to send a message using all four avenues? Does it bog down the representative's offices? Do multiple contacts get "counted" more often?

I want to do all of my part and don't mind sending multiple correspondence I just wonder what the pros and cons are.

vjallen75
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Methods of Contacting our Reps

Post by vjallen75 »

There is no better form of communication than in person or on the phone. This allows you to show your full support for the bill of your choosing. That being said, I think we will need multiple correspondence to get our point across. From what I am understanding this bill will need full support to get through the house and senate without being gutted.
Vence
NRA Member, EDC: FNS-9mm
I have contact my state rep., Jonathan Stickland, about supporting HB 560. Fine out who represents you, here.

Return to “2017 Texas Legislative Session”