SB349 by Creighton: Clarification of School Activity Grounds

This forum will be open on Sept. 1, 2016.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

AJSully421
Posts in topic: 1

Re: SB349 by Creighton: Clarification of School Activity Grounds

Post by AJSully421 »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
locke_n_load wrote:I just got word that this bill is dead. Can anyone confirm?

Edited to add: actually just heard that most bills not on the governor's and Dan Patrick's short list are going to die in calendars. Again, this is just what I heard.
This is correct and I'm furious! It was prefiled in December, but didn't get a hearing in committee until 4/24/17. Then it didn't get to the Senate floor until 5/9/17. The Bill didn't change current law; it prevented dishonest people from abusing the current law to the extreme prejudice of law-abiding LTCs. There's absolutely no excuse for letting this Bill die.

Chas.
Ok, so... NOW can we light the torches and sharpen our pitchforks???
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

30.06 signs only make criminals and terrorists safer.

NRA, LTC, School Safety, Armed Security, & Body Guard Instructor

1911 10MM
Posts in topic: 1

Re: SB349 by Creighton: Clarification of School Activity Grounds

Post by 1911 10MM »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
locke_n_load wrote:I just got word that this bill is dead. Can anyone confirm?

Edited to add: actually just heard that most bills not on the governor's and Dan Patrick's short list are going to die in calendars. Again, this is just what I heard.
This is correct and I'm furious! It was prefiled in December, but didn't get a hearing in committee until 4/24/17. Then it didn't get to the Senate floor until 5/9/17. The Bill didn't change current law; it prevented dishonest people from abusing the current law to the extreme prejudice of law-abiding LTCs. There's absolutely no excuse for letting this Bill die.

Chas.
Sure there is......it's called a hidden agenda. What people say doesn't always match what they believe.

Return to “2017 Texas Legislative Session”