HB560 Hats & T-Shirts?

This forum will be open on Sept. 1, 2016.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 4

HB560 Hats & T-Shirts?

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Is there any interest in having hats and t-shirts made to support HB560? I don't know what they would cost, but I want to gauge interest before I research suppliers. I'm also thinking of getting business cards and perhaps bumper stickers printed also.

Chas.

vjallen75
Posts in topic: 1

Re: HB560 Hats & T-Shirts?

Post by vjallen75 »

Count me in for the hat and shirt
Vence
NRA Member, EDC: FNS-9mm
I have contact my state rep., Jonathan Stickland, about supporting HB 560. Fine out who represents you, here.

ELB
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ELB »

Would be good to wear while attending the committee hearings for 560. Or is there a dress code?
USAF 1982-2005

RogueUSMC

Post by RogueUSMC »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:Is there any interest in having hats and t-shirts made to support HB560? I don't know what they would cost, but I want to gauge interest before I research suppliers. I'm also thinking of getting business cards and perhaps bumper stickers printed also.

Chas.
One color screen print t-shirts aren't but about $6-8 each...less in larger quantities...
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

Count me in. Thanks. This will make and excellent addition to the t-shirts my wife will use to make a quilt when I get old. :biggrinjester:
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

I am in
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Interested...
Got HB560.jpg
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

stars200

Post by stars200 »

Count me in on a T-shirt. Not much of a hat guy.

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

I'd certainly buy at least one set.

Has anyone yet developed a bumper sticker (not a big magnetic door sign) that is waterproof and will stand up to a car wash, but that can easily be pealed off without leaving residue? If not, someone on the Form should invent and patent it and make a small fortune. ;-)

I don't like to have much in the way of identifying stickers on my vehicles, but when I do use them I put them on the rear windshield so that I can eventually scrape them off with a razor blade and remove left-over adhesive with an emulsifier. Won't put them on a bumper or the vehicle's body just for this reason. For a temporary-use sticker (like this one, or one supporting a political candidate), I'd pay a lot extra if it were something I could easily apply and then just as easily remove six months down the road.

(BTW, I do have some gun cases with stickers on them, so that would be a great place for HB 560 bumper stickers, too. For smaller accessories like round stickers or refrigerator magnets, options like CafePress exist where Charles wouldn't have to buy in bulk in advance; they could be purchased print-on-demand directly from the print provider.)
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

Count me in on a hat if you go into production.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

1911 10MM

Post by 1911 10MM »

Why stop with HB 560? A T-Shirt for LTC and the requirements would be nice. Something along the lines of how well do you know your customers? Maybe a combo shirt supporting both.

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

I'm in
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:Is there any interest in having hats and t-shirts made to support HB560? I don't know what they would cost, but I want to gauge interest before I research suppliers. I'm also thinking of getting business cards and perhaps bumper stickers printed also.

Chas.
Sure Id get a shirt...

May I assume for a second, the purpose of such items is to spark discussion, questions from others of the hat wearer? "hey whats HB560?"
If so, perhaps it would help to send a 1 pager of "Facts" or if you will talking points with each item delivered.

I don't want to be a robot, and regurgitate my "leaders" rhetoric.. But I would want to use common (to the cause) terms, ideas and facts to support HB650, or discuss it with others.

While many might do the requisite research AND understand the finer points as well as be able to articulate a response to a question without misspeaking or creating a "trap" they can be counted with. I'd guess, many others could use some help..so that when asked "Why is HB560 important?" or "If it was so good, how come its not being discussed on FB or TV?"
If you don't want to do specific "Facts" or talking points perhaps just a few links to articles, sites, books, research that the supporter can surf for information to self educate.
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

At this point, both the hat and t-shirt would have something like this:

"HB560
The most important self-defense bill in 10 years." It will also have the URL for the Texas Firearms Coalition.

I'm going to have information cards printed through VistaPrint with the talking points. I was going to go with business card size, but now I'm going to go with a medium post card size to allow for more information without having to use tiny font.

All this said, 144 people have read this thread and only 12 have indicated an interest. I'm not going to buy a bunch of shirts and hats only to throw them away after the session is over. If interest picks up, I'll pursue it.

Thanks,
Chas.

E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:At this point, both the hat and t-shirt would have something like this:

"HB560
The most important self-defense bill in 10 years." It will also have the URL for the Texas Firearms Coalition.

I'm going to have information cards printed through VistaPrint with the talking points. I was going to go with business card size, but now I'm going to go with a medium post card size to allow for more information without having to use tiny font.

All this said, 144 people have read this thread and only 12 have indicated an interest. I'm not going to buy a bunch of shirts and hats only to throw them away after the session is over. If interest picks up, I'll pursue it.

Thanks,
Chas.
Mr Cotton, would you be willing to post up the information card anyway? Even if not in conjunction with hats and shirts... it might prove useful at no cost other then your time to write it up and post.
I for one would like to have and be able to refer to set of vetted and common pro HB560 talking points. :tiphat:
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

Return to “2017 Texas Legislative Session”