SB4-Sanctuary City ban

This forum will be open on Sept. 1, 2016.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 5

Re: SB4-Sanctuary City ban

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

The companions literally don't matter. The SAME BILL has to pass both houses, period. SB4, has to pass on the house to become law. Companion bills simply show that there is support in both houses.
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 1

Post by crazy2medic »

Personally I think the mayor, city manager, police chief of every sanctuary city should be taken into custody by federal marshals for harboring fugitives from justice, when the mayor of San Francisco, Chicago, spokane, etc. Find themselves sitting in a federal facility the whole sanctuary city thing will die a quick death!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

carlson1
Posts in topic: 1

Post by carlson1 »

I hope it passes and they will enforce it. I would like to see the Dallas County Judge either crawfish or having lunch at Lew Sterrett Jail. They just voted to continue to be a sanctuary County, but they gave it a new twist. Fox 4 Dallas reported it as, "Dallas County passes resolution welcoming unauthorized immigrants."

There has to be an emoji that vomits.

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

http://tlchouse.granicus.com/MediaPlaye ... nt_id=3111
Streaming live right now on the floor
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 4

Post by ScottDLS »

Isn't Strauss going to block it from coming up in the State House?
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

Currently discussing a proposed amendment to allow LE to develop policies to exclude vets and active duty military from being checked for their status. "rlol"
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

What is that ribbon they are wearing?

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 4

Post by ScottDLS »

Flightmare wrote:Currently discussing a proposed amendment to allow LE to develop policies to exclude vets and active duty military from being checked for their status. "rlol"
Amazing....If you manage to get through an enlistment as an illegal alien and get an honorable discharge, the Feds should give you legal status just for being able to fool them. "rlol"
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

I forgot how much I hated listening to the debate on the floor...

twomillenium
Posts in topic: 9

Post by twomillenium »

Are they are talking about excluding illegal aliens who serve or served in military or first responder positions? Wouldn't the illegal alien have to lie about their status to join or become a first responder? I think they talking because they like to hear their own voices.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

twomillenium
Posts in topic: 9

Post by twomillenium »

If they vote against the amendment, they would be voting against illegal aliens not against veterans, what kinda poop are they spreading.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

twomillenium wrote:If they vote against the amendment, they would be voting against illegal aliens not against veterans, what kinda poop are they spreading.
If you vote against it you're voting against veterans. That's what they are trying to paint.

Return to “2017 Texas Legislative Session”