HB421 Public Hearing

This forum will be open on Sept. 1, 2016.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
troglodyte
Posts in topic: 2

HB421 Public Hearing

Post by troglodyte »

HB421 Regarding church security teams is going to public hearing March 7. I'd love to be there but time and distance will not allow me. This one should be a no-brainer but I'm interested to see if the PSB gets in the way again.
Last edited by troglodyte on Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Talon Firearms Training
Instructor - License To Carry, School Safety, First Responder: Texas DPS, Certified Instructor: Rangemasters/Tom Givens
NRA Instructor - Basic Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Range Safety Officer
Stop The Bleed Instructor

gugisman
Posts in topic: 1

Re: HB421 Public Hearing

Post by gugisman »

I just checked...

It is scheduled for public hearing on March 07.

The bills primary author is Rinaldi, it has 4 co-authors: Krause, Leach, Phelan, and King (Phil).

It currently has 17 coauthors: Anderson (Rodney), Biedermann, Burrows, Cain, Flynn, Hefner, Keough, Lang, Metcalf, Sanford, Schofield, Shaheen, Stickland, Swanson, Tinderholt, White, Zedler.

I'm calling Parker (Tan), and Stuckey today.

This has a chance of getting to the floor. I will be suggesting an amendment, (in case the primary wording gets little or no traction), that 'exempts', or, "does not apply to" "Honorably Retired Local, State and Federal Law Enforcement Officers, pursuant to Title 18, U.S, Code, Sections 926C (d)(2)(B), and TX Occupational Code, Section 1701.357." This is a no brainer.... It will at least recognize retired LEO's, with their years of training and experience, as capable of performing security operations... as a volunteer, on a church security team.

I will testify on March 7th.

Anyone else care to join me???

Eric Inman
Ponder, TX

Topic author
troglodyte
Posts in topic: 2

Post by troglodyte »

I have edited my previous post. It is March 7.
Talon Firearms Training
Instructor - License To Carry, School Safety, First Responder: Texas DPS, Certified Instructor: Rangemasters/Tom Givens
NRA Instructor - Basic Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Range Safety Officer
Stop The Bleed Instructor

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 1

Post by SewTexas »

I wish I could be there, I'm care-giver for my MIL these days, I'm pretty much homebound during the week. I've become a "keyboard warrior" this session.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Return to “2017 Texas Legislative Session”