More "resolutions"

This forum will be open on Sept. 1, 2016.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Ruark
Posts in topic: 1

More "resolutions"

Post by Ruark »

They're doing it again, same as last time. Endless "special resolutions" honoring various people and clubs, etc. I just checked the House video and saw:

A resolution honoring some Army guy who was retiring.

A representative turned to the speaker and asked for three hammer strikes to get everybody's attention for a "very special announcement." Some grinning girl was standing next to him. The "special announcement"? She's a first year law student and today is her birthday. Wheeeeeeeee..... :woohoo
-Ruark

Jusme

Re: More "resolutions"

Post by Jusme »

Ruark wrote:They're doing it again, same as last time. Endless "special resolutions" honoring various people and clubs, etc. I just checked the House video and saw:

A resolution honoring some Army guy who was retiring.

A representative turned to the speaker and asked for three hammer strikes to get everybody's attention for a "very special announcement." Some grinning girl was standing next to him. The "special announcement"? She's a first year law student and today is her birthday. Wheeeeeeeee..... :woohoo

Yeah, these are the type of things each session has to endure. That's why politics is so far removed from the corporate world. That is also why the Federal lawmakers, have a hard time dealing with Trump. He doesn't have time for all of the hoopla, he wants to get things done, like he would in the business world. If Legislators were held to the same standards and deadlines, of the Corporate America, there would be so much more progress made. JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

apostate

Post by apostate »

Thanks for the reminder that "running out of time" is a huge lie and any Texas legislator that uses that excuse for bills not passing is crookeder than a dog's hind leg.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Can't they at least focus on the legislative agenda first and then do these other things later if they have extra time left over?

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Politicians are never ending attention hogs who while congratulating are in actuality grand standing...

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Ruark wrote:They're doing it again, same as last time. Endless "special resolutions" honoring various people and clubs, etc. I just checked the House video and saw:

Daughter of big donor to his campaign I'd say.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

Perhaps we need to sneak in the vote for HB 560 in the middle of some of these resolutions. The members will be automatically conditioned to voting "Aye" on everything. They probably won't even pay attention to the bill that way and just pass it. :)
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

560 hasn't even had a committee hearing.
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

locke_n_load

Post by locke_n_load »

TexasJohnBoy wrote:560 hasn't even had a committee hearing.
Even the constitutional carry bills are at least scheduled I think.
CHL Holder since 10/08
NRA Certified Instructor
Former LTC Instructor

steveincowtown
Banned

Post by steveincowtown »

apostate wrote:Thanks for the reminder that "running out of time" is a huge lie and any Texas legislator that uses that excuse for bills not passing is crookeder than a dog's hind leg.

This has been every Thursday so far. I have said it once and I will say it again, the Tex Leg will pass every single bill they desire to this session. Not one more, not one less. There is no such thing as "running out of time."
The Time is Now...
NRA Lifetime Member

Return to “2017 Texas Legislative Session”