HB1911 Com Substitute

This forum will be open on Sept. 1, 2016.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 6

Re: HB1911 Com Substitute

Post by Beiruty »

By next September, This Legis would scored for his "achievements" as per gun rights.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 3

Post by TreyHouston »

parabelum wrote:I think it will go nowhere, sadly. One shred of hope was that my rep talked to me yesterday and he told me not to write it off just yet, that there is a chance still that a heavily amended version of 1911 will go through.

I'm not going to hold my breath however.
" heavily amended" ...great!.... they will amend it enough so that it will only apply to goats!
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

poppo
Posts in topic: 2

Post by poppo »

parabelum wrote: One shred of hope was that my rep talked to me yesterday and he told me not to write it off just yet, that there is a chance still that a heavily amended version of 1911 will go through.
Heavily amended is what scares me. Like making all gunbuster signs carry the weight of the law for everyone, and revert violations back to class A.

I may be wrong, but I always felt HB1911 was an anti-gun bill in disguise.
USMC Retired - DAV Life Member - VFW Life Member - NRA Life Member

Liberty
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Liberty »

poppo wrote:
I may be wrong, but I always felt HB1911 was an anti-gun bill in disguise.
I think the fact that making HB560 the sacrificial lamb to forward HB1911, puts some truth to this. I am so excited at the possibility that my CHL could be $1.00 a year cheaper.
:grumble
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 8

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

So if it doesn't get 2nd reading today, it dies? Or are my dates messed up?

ETA: I think that's Thursday...?
http://www.tlc.state.tx.us/dates/dates% ... terest.pdf
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

Topic author
locke_n_load
Posts in topic: 22

Post by locke_n_load »

From what I've read, it's near dead. Only thing to do is call Chairman Hunter to voice support for schedule on house floor vote.
512.463.0672 - Todd Hunter's office. Takes 30 seconds.
CHL Holder since 10/08
NRA Certified Instructor
Former LTC Instructor

Ruark
Posts in topic: 16

Post by Ruark »

Looks like it's fried. Even if it got to the House floor, it would still need to go to the Senate committee, then go to the Senate floor, etc. and that's WITHOUT any amendments at all. Not going to happen.

I suspect that everybody knew 375/1911 had zero chance of passing, so pretending to support it was a "safe" way to appear pro-2A.
-Ruark

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 8

Post by bblhd672 »

Ruark wrote:Looks like it's fried. Even if it got to the House floor, it would still need to go to the Senate committee, then go to the Senate floor, etc. and that's WITHOUT any amendments at all. Not going to happen.

I suspect that everybody knew 375/1911 had zero chance of passing, so pretending to support it was a "safe" way to appear pro-2A.
It's unfortunate that people who should have known better spent so much political capital on Constitutional Carry when knowledgeable, experienced people said it had no chance.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Beiruty »

Ruark wrote:Looks like it's fried. Even if it got to the House floor, it would still need to go to the Senate committee, then go to the Senate floor, etc. and that's WITHOUT any amendments at all. Not going to happen.

I will not mince words anymore.
This is how politicians screw you up! Why in the world the GOP elected representatives of us, the people, with supermajority in the 3 branches of the Texas government are "COWARDS".

I did not care about 1911, but I cared a lot about the HB 560.
TSRA/NRA has to re-form their endorsements and rating of the nominees for elections.

All we got this year, $6 yearly rebate on our LTC fees.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

roadkill
Posts in topic: 2

Post by roadkill »

Beiruty wrote:

I will not mince words anymore.
This is how politicians screw you up! Why in the world the GOP elected representatives of us, the people, with supermajority in the 3 branches of the Texas government are "COWARDS".

TSRA/NRA has to re-form their endorsements and rating of the nominees for elections.

I agree. 560 should have been priority and pushed through. Then let the license holders carry everywhere and if CC went thru let them carry where we can today. Give incentive for folks to get licensed.

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

Beiruty wrote: I will not mince words anymore.

The problem is these bills are destroyed anonymously. The lowest form of cowardness. We don't know who killed these bills. It's very difficult to hold them accountable.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Scott Farkus

Post by Scott Farkus »

And what's worse, constitutional carry is just going to come up again next session and the session after that, and will continue to suck all the air out of the room so that nothing else gets passed.

As disappointed that I am that HB560 never even got a shot, I'm even more disappointed - upset, really - that there was no apparent attempt to clean up the language regarding posting on government owned or leased property. I don't know if that was part of HB560 or not, but it was important enough to warrant its own separate bill regardless.

Topic author
locke_n_load
Posts in topic: 22

Post by locke_n_load »

Liberty wrote:

The problem is these bills are destroyed anonymously. The lowest form of cowardness. We don't know who killed these bills. It's very difficult to hold them accountable.
We know exactly who killed HB1911 - Phil King and Todd Hunter. King held it up from being voted out of committee, and Hunter never scheduled it for a vote on the house floor.
I never saw near the support for 560 that I did for 1911 (I wished both of them had passed).
CHL Holder since 10/08
NRA Certified Instructor
Former LTC Instructor

mojo84
Posts in topic: 13

Post by mojo84 »

Liberty wrote:

It starts at the top with Joe Straus. There is too much power concentrated in the speaker of the house position and he is the epitome of a RINO.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Ruark
Posts in topic: 16

Post by Ruark »

locke_n_load wrote: We know exactly who killed HB1911 - Phil King and Todd Hunter. King held it up from being voted out of committee, and Hunter never scheduled it for a vote on the house floor.
So..... are we saying King and Hunter are anti-gun, and killed it deliberately for this reason? Just trying to cut down to the basics here.
-Ruark

Return to “2017 Texas Legislative Session”