Question for Charles

This forum will be open on Sept. 1, 2016.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
TexAg08
Posts in topic: 1

Question for Charles

Post by TexAg08 »

Charles,

I have a question about legislation that may have been filed for this session. My HOAs lawyer informed the board that there was legislation that would "not allow guns in recreational areas" and that this legislation was authored by Valoree Swanson. I have confirmed with Rep Swanson that she has nothing to do with any anti-gun legislation, but thinking maybe their lawyer maybe got the Reps name wrong. Are you aware of anything like the above?

In the meantime, I finally got the HOA to remove the 30.06/30.07 signs at our community center until after this legislative session or some future meeting. :hurry: :cheers2: :patriot: :txflag:

rob777
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Question for Charles

Post by rob777 »

I"m not Charles but found this on the TFC website. Might be others since there seem to be quite a few duplicates.
HB 255 (Anchia, D, F) Relating to the offense involving the carrying of handguns by license holders on the premises or property of certain recreational facilities.
Impact: Creates an offense for carrying a handgun on the property (not merely "premises") of most any sporting event venue as well as theaters, golf courses and numerous other areas.
Position on Bill: Oppose.
Status: Filed 11/14/16; referred to Homeland Security & Public Safety Committee; public hearing on 4/11/16 – pulled down by author; public hearing reset for 4/18/16.
Comments: This Bill would create fertile grounds for another Orlando-style mass shooting.
http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/BillLook ... Bill=HB255

Last action on 4/18 was "Left pending in committee"
"Rescue the weak and the needy; deliver them from the hand of the wicked.”

Return to “2017 Texas Legislative Session”