Near Fight and Threats in Congress

This forum will be open on Sept. 1, 2016.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Papa_Tiger
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Near Fight and Threats in Congress

Post by Papa_Tiger »

And yet, all of the coverage has been pretty one-sided. Just Rep. Nevarez's side of the story, no mention of having contacted Rep. Rinaldi and him not returning the call or refusing to comment. This feels like a media character assassination attempt on Rinaldi to me.

apostate

Post by apostate »

Maybe Trump was right?

Jusme
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Jusme »

Papa_Tiger wrote:And yet, all of the coverage has been pretty one-sided. Just Rep. Nevarez's side of the story, no mention of having contacted Rep. Rinaldi and him not returning the call or refusing to comment. This feels like a media character assassination attempt on Rinaldi to me.

Yes, if a representative is a leftist, who gets elected because of non-legal invaders, physically attacks another representative who acted to enforce laws, then he is considered a hero. But if the attacked representative says he will respond to an attack, with his legally carried firearm, he is a crazy person. See how that logic works? :headscratch
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

Doesn't really show alot of the lead up, and definitely doesn't have the audio of what was said. But it's interesting to watch.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

treadlightly
Posts in topic: 3

Post by treadlightly »

I wish there could be an investigation. If someone accused me of making a deadly threat I'd be charge, and my prized little card would be suspended until I could 'splain myself.

The same thing should happen here.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

treadlightly wrote:I wish there could be an investigation. If someone accused me of making a deadly threat I'd be charge, and my prized little card would be suspended until I could 'splain myself.

The same thing should happen here.
Supposedly he just said that he would "get" the congressman, so not sure it is a deadly threat. Childish, yes. Thuggish, yes. But not really a deadly threat.

Return to “2017 Texas Legislative Session”