Moms Demand 2016 and beyond

This forum is for general legislative discussions not specific to any given legislative session. It will remain open.

Moderator: carlson1

KC5AV
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Moms Demand 2016 and beyond

Post by KC5AV »

XinTX wrote:
C-dub wrote:We should demand that MDA be labeled a terrorist organization.
I wouldn't go that far (not that it isn't a good idea mind you). But they should be sanctioned somehow. They gave false testimony during some of the hearings. I'd wager they knew it was false, but did it anyway. At a minimum, during the next session when a 2A bill is being debated, if MDA will be invited to testify (as they likely will), that it be read into the record that they have a history of providing false statements to the TX Lege.

They need to pay SOME price for lying to the legislature.
That might not be a bad idea. If someone familiar with the statistics related to their lack of truth were to offer testimony....
Maybe have someone waiting to testify in Austin while we have a few folks here vetting their testimony and feeding information to the one preparing to testify.
NRA lifetime member

RogueUSMC

Post by RogueUSMC »

mojo84 wrote:I would love to see one of them prosecuted for making a false statement when making a MWAG or Swatting call.
That would require that someone get SWATTED...which would kinda suck...lol
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

mojo84
Posts in topic: 4

Post by mojo84 »

RogueUSMC wrote:
mojo84 wrote:I would love to see one of them prosecuted for making a false statement when making a MWAG or Swatting call.
That would require that someone get SWATTED...which would kinda suck...lol
Suck or not, I suspect it will happen. Hopefully, they will get prosecuted.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

ScooterSissy

Post by ScooterSissy »

KC5AV wrote:
XinTX wrote:
I wouldn't go that far (not that it isn't a good idea mind you). But they should be sanctioned somehow. They gave false testimony during some of the hearings. I'd wager they knew it was false, but did it anyway. At a minimum, during the next session when a 2A bill is being debated, if MDA will be invited to testify (as they likely will), that it be read into the record that they have a history of providing false statements to the TX Lege.

That might not be a bad idea. If someone familiar with the statistics related to their lack of truth were to offer testimony....
Maybe have someone waiting to testify in Austin while we have a few folks here vetting their testimony and feeding information to the one preparing to testify.
I'm much more concerned about those that have openly stated that they are calling 911 anytime they see someone open carrying. Those are the folks that should be prosecuted for making false 911 calls.

doncb

Post by doncb »

ScooterSissy wrote:I'm much more concerned about those that have openly stated that they are calling 911 anytime they see someone open carrying. Those are the folks that should be prosecuted for making false 911 calls.
I would think that could only happen if the same person made repeated calls about MWAG. Personally I think the novelty will wear off fairly quickly and they'll just stop calling (except for the real loonies). I have a friend in Oklahoma that said that it only took about a month after OC started there and things calmed down. Hopefully that will be the case in Texas. Me, I'm just going with concealed. I would like to be able to carry my CZ82. It's a sweet gun, but just too big for me to carry IWB.
If you're standing still, you're loosing.

C-dub
Posts in topic: 2

Post by C-dub »

XinTX wrote:

I was thinking less about the truthfulness of their statements and more about their demands on businesses and threats to those that don't comply with those demands. They aren't bodily harm threats, at least that I'm aware of from MDA.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Rec'd this email today. Told my wife we are done with Reform Judaism:
National Gun Violence Awareness Day: June 2
Temple Emanu-El joins the Religious Action Center of Reform Judaism, in partnership with Everytown for Gun Safety, and faith communities across Dallas, in a shared commitment to draw awareness, educate and take action to prevent gun violence. Thursday, June 2 is National Gun Violence Awareness Day, an opportunity to focus on the need for gun sense and safety. "Wear Orange Day" is taking place at Babb's Brothers BBQ and Blues in Trinity Groves from 6-8pm, at 3015 Gulden Lane, Suite 105.

Join Rabbi Debra Robbins and other members of our congregation at the event. Carpools will leave the Temple Emanu-El Northwest Highway parking lot at 5pm. 

Read more about Temple's gun sense advocacy efforts
http://www.tedallas.org/repairing-the-w ... n-violence

For more information and ways to participate, check out these resources:
The Religious Action Center of Reform Judaism
http://www.rac.org/blog/2016/05/03/five ... mpaign=gvp
Wear Orange Day http://wearorange.org/
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

I don't know anything about Reform Judaism. However, the email doesn't surprise me when I consider how the opening paragraph in Wikipedia describes it.
Reform Judaism (also known as Liberal Judaism or Progressive Judaism) is a major denomination within Judaism, which emphasizes the evolving nature of the religion, the superiority of its ethical aspects compared to the ceremonial ones, and a belief in a continuous revelation not centered on the theophany at Mount Sinai. It is characterized by a lesser stress on ritual and personal observance, regarding Jewish Law as of basically non-binding nature, and great openness to external influences and progressive values.
The actions of any religion or denomination that sports itself as changing with the times and culture and promotes great openess to external influences and progressive values does not surprise me.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

mojo84 wrote:I don't know anything about Reform Judaism. However, the email doesn't surprise me when I consider how the opening paragraph in Wikipedia describes it.
Reform Judaism (also known as Liberal Judaism or Progressive Judaism) is a major denomination within Judaism, which emphasizes the evolving nature of the religion, the superiority of its ethical aspects compared to the ceremonial ones, and a belief in a continuous revelation not centered on the theophany at Mount Sinai. It is characterized by a lesser stress on ritual and personal observance, regarding Jewish Law as of basically non-binding nature, and great openness to external influences and progressive values.
The actions of any religion or denomination that sports itself as changing with the times and culture and promotes great openess to external influences and progressive values does not surprise me.
Yep. We had become involved decades ago primarily because we enjoyed the denomination's ritual practices and valued it's egalitarianism. But, like many other portions of our society it has been hijacked by extreme left wing liberals and it's values no longer reflect ours. It has simply become the DNC but with holidays. The liberal clergy will lead their own people into the gas chambers :mad5
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Bitter Clinger wrote:
mojo84 wrote:I don't know anything about Reform Judaism. However, the email doesn't surprise me when I consider how the opening paragraph in Wikipedia describes it.
Yep. We had become involved decades ago primarily because we enjoyed the denomination's ritual practices and valued it's egalitarianism. But, like many other portions of our society it has been hijacked by extreme left wing liberals and it's values no longer reflect ours. It has simply become the DNC but with holidays. The liberal clergy will lead their own people into the gas chambers :mad5
Best wishes for finding a new synagogue or church. Seems like quite a few are being hijacked.

AJSully421

Post by AJSully421 »

I am going to wear orange and open carry.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

30.06 signs only make criminals and terrorists safer.

NRA, LTC, School Safety, Armed Security, & Body Guard Instructor

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

AJSully421 wrote:I am going to wear orange and open carry.
:lol:: :fire
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

treadlightly

Post by treadlightly »

The Wear Orange day shows diabolical solidarity among our enemies.

Wearing orange - as in jumpsuits - to promote unarmed victims ties so closely to Virginia's recent move to give felons the vote.

Just sayin'.

On a more serious note, it sure is a tough sell to win hearts and minds, when the minds are closed and the hearts are hardened. An MDA jihadist thinks the high road answer to violence is tipping the balance of power in favor of the uncivilized.

Statistics and common sense both tell the tale. Unarmed or armed, a law abiding citizen is just another friend you haven't met yet.

Unarmed or armed, a criminal is a threat.

Bargaining for weakness to enforce civility - there's something screwy with that reasoning. Dangerous sophistry.

ShepherdTX

Post by ShepherdTX »

Moms Demand is planning to wear orange tomorrow (June 2) to raise awareness for gun control.

This is hilarious to me because it would be easier to find Waldo or Carmen Sandiego than it will be to spot a Moms Demand activist trying to stand out of the crowd by wearing orange in Central Texas.

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

Even if I was mentally ill and politically disposed in that direction, just can't wear orange. The Aggie half of the extended family would never let me hear the end of it.........I can get away with maroon if it's only one item. If I wore ALL maroon the UT half of the family would be on my case......
My younger stepson and I are the odd-men-out in the family. He's at UNT and I went to what was, at the time, Pan American University.
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

Return to “General Legislative Discussions”