Poll

This forum is for general legislative discussions not specific to any given legislative session. It will remain open.

Moderator: carlson1

Will Hillary Clinton be indicted criminally by the DOJ on charges pertaining to her email scandal?

Yes
18%
No
82%

Total votes: 102

madwildcat
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Poll

Post by madwildcat »

No chance. Will it get talked about non stop once we get to the primary election race? You bet.

John Galt

Post by John Galt »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
  • It won't happen under a Sanders administration. (Democrats don't prosecute democrats for crimes.)
  • It won't happen under a Clinton administration. (Democrats don't allow themselves to be subjected to prosecution.)
  • It won't happen under a Trump administration. (He thought she made a great SecState.)
  • The odds of someone else's administration getting elected are approaching zero.
She's going to get away with it.

Here's why: because American voters are dumber than a bag of hammers, and they don't care what slime happens in DC so long as they get their pork and handouts. They've been bought and paid for.
I agree with three of your scenarios, but I think Trump might surprise you.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Post by The Annoyed Man »

John Galt wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
  • It won't happen under a Sanders administration. (Democrats don't prosecute democrats for crimes.)
  • It won't happen under a Clinton administration. (Democrats don't allow themselves to be subjected to prosecution.)
  • It won't happen under a Trump administration. (He thought she made a great SecState.)
  • The odds of someone else's administration getting elected are approaching zero.

Here's why: because American voters are dumber than a bag of hammers, and they don't care what slime happens in DC so long as they get their pork and handouts. They've been bought and paid for.
That would be my prayer. I hope ALL of them surprise me in a good way, but I won't hold my breath for it, Trump included.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Bitter Clinger »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
John Galt wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:

That would be my prayer. I hope ALL of them surprise me in a good way, but I won't hold my breath for it, Trump included.
Pressure on Clinton does not appear to be letting up:
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/03 ... tcmp=hpbt2
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Post by The Annoyed Man »

The pressure may not be letting up, but I still have no faith that it will yield fruit. By "fruit", I mean a prison sentence, or even a fine.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

MeMelYup

Post by MeMelYup »

It would be nice if they would bar her from holding public office.

The Wall

Post by The Wall »

But she'll be impeached if elected.

Don T

Post by Don T »

safety1 wrote:I agree with that RP, but....She would have to be convicted first to be pardoned...Hoping he don't have enough
time in office left to do that. :banghead:
She would not have to be convicted in order to be pardoned. You may recall that President Ford pardoned Nixon for "for all offenses against the United States which he, Richard Nixon, has committed or may have committed or taken part in during the period from January 20, 1969 through August 9, 1974."

Depending on the results of the election, I would expect the current president to provide a similar pardon for Hillary before he left office.

tx mountaineer

Post by tx mountaineer »

Pariah3j wrote:
uthornsfan wrote:A few follow ups.

I dont think she will.

I think she should.

It won't happen under the current administration.
:iagree: Took the words right out of my mouth.
2X :iagree:

joe817

Post by joe817 »

Don T wrote:
safety1 wrote:I agree with that RP, but....She would have to be convicted first to be pardoned...Hoping he don't have enough
time in office left to do that. :banghead:
She would not have to be convicted in order to be pardoned. You may recall that President Ford pardoned Nixon for "for all offenses against the United States which he, Richard Nixon, has committed or may have committed or taken part in during the period from January 20, 1969 through August 9, 1974."

Depending on the results of the election, I would expect the current president to provide a similar pardon for Hillary before he left office.
And I would pray that she is disgraced into insignificance in the history books.

No wait! History repeats itself, for those that forget it.
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

gamboolman

Post by gamboolman »

I dont think she will.

I think she should.

This :iagree:
gamboolman
TSRA , GOA & NRA Life Member

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Bitter Clinger »

gamboolman wrote:

I dont think she will.

I think she should.

This :iagree:
The FBI will have to stand up and fight the Obama corruption:

http://eaglerising.com/31694/shock-repo ... e-the-law/
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

KLB
Posts in topic: 2

Post by KLB »

From what I've read, the FBI is likely to refer her case for prosecution, but the present Justice Department is way too political to prosecute. What Justice needs to do is stall a public decision until after the election so lower level people at the FBI won't start leaking damaging information. My guess is that Justice officials are up to the job. In the end, she'll skate just as her husband did for rape.

Rhino1

Post by Rhino1 »

I'm afraid the FBI will be gutless in this. Very concerned about how this affects the rule of law. All I do know is that I'd be in jail had I done what she did with classified information when I was in the Air Force.
The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

KLB
Posts in topic: 2

Post by KLB »

My prediction is that the FBI will make a criminal referral but the Justice Department will refuse to pursue it for political reasons. Lower level people in the FBI will probably then leak damaging information about her, but most of the press will refuse to report it. Further, anyone who wants to support her will convince himself or herself that it's all political and continue with the support. And the rule of law in this country will have been dealt a staggering blow.

Return to “General Legislative Discussions”