Comey given notice

This forum is for general legislative discussions not specific to any given legislative session. It will remain open.

Moderator: carlson1

ELB
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Comey given notice

Post by ELB »

The only thing that baffles me is why it took so long.
USAF 1982-2005

jason812

Post by jason812 »

The Deputy AG has only been in office for 2 weeks and how long did it take to get Sessions confirmed? I think Trump smartly waited for the these 2 to be in place before sacking Comey. The letter is awesome.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

puma guy
Posts in topic: 4

Post by puma guy »

treadlightly wrote:
rotor wrote:Not sure why the hatred for Comey. You all knew HRC wasn't going to be indicted no matter what. No matter what he did he would be criticized. I think that he is an ethical person that knew the reality of the world. Do you think that a new FBI director is now going after HRC for her crimes? Just not going to happen.
Comey's actions were inconsistent, suggesting to me he was not merely a marionette, but was tugged by at least two puppet masters.

He overstepped and politicized his office.

Going back further, he was the federal prosecutor who went overboard on Martha Stewart and would have gone much farther had he not been reined in.

If I were to find myself the target of an FBI investigation I would not want investigators with an eye to politics or the optics of my prosecution.

I know Comey had a sterling reputation. From his public statements, I distrust him. And then there was that meeting between AG Lynch and Bill Clinton. I don't know if that compromised the investigation into Hillary, but it looked like Comey's investigation was bartered by political insiders.

I'm glad he's gone. I suspect he'll go back to sitting on bank boards of directors and such. He's not going to miss a paycheck.
In my previous post I stated Comey usurped the AG. I failed to mention that I consider it a contrived move to protect her from having to announce no prosecution of HRC. In other words he fell on the grenade named Loretta Lynch.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Abraham
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Abraham »

He didn't make either party happy.

That type thing used to mean someone's doing their job right...

Jusme
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Jusme »

As of last week, HRC was still blaming Comey for her losing the election. Why are the Libtards so up in arms over him being fired? How long would he have lasted if she had won?
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Next, will be advancing their young Eleanor Roosevelt look alike known as Chelsea as the next Presidential candidate.

That, when it happens will be hilarious fun, though they'll probably start off running her as a senator, what a laugh that too will be...

powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

nothing says your fired, like being on the road, getting a text to look at the news and having to leave the venue in gulfstream G5. :mrgreen:
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

Rod Rosensten's memo regarding Comey;

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39866767
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

rotor

Post by rotor »

Abraham wrote:Next, will be advancing their young Eleanor Roosevelt look alike known as Chelsea as the next Presidential candidate.

That, when it happens will be hilarious fun, though they'll probably start off running her as a senator, what a laugh that too will be...
What a wonderfully horrible comment. The Roosevelt part.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Abraham wrote:Next, will be advancing their young Eleanor Roosevelt look alike known as Chelsea as the next Presidential candidate.

Well she will probably win the Nobel peace prize this year which should give her campaign a boost.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 5

Post by mojo84 »

powerboatr wrote:nothing says your fired, like being on the road, getting a text to look at the news and having to leave the venue in gulfstream G5. :mrgreen:
Should have made him buy a ticket on a commercial airliner home. :mrgreen:

That may be a little too far. :oops:
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

dale blanker
Banned

Post by dale blanker »

Comey's firing does not make sense to me...
As someone noted earlier, Comey managed to annoy both parties and so deserves some credit for being unbiased. More recently the president had praised him. Apparently Comey would not profess loyalty (but did promise honesty) to the president and Comey wanted to ramp up the Russia investifation. The president et al would like to see the investigation done so why not expedite it? There's certainly no stopping it now. Seems like getting the Russian questions answered sooner and getting on with health care, tax reform, infrastructure, etc. is best for the country.

After seeing Comey's interview from 2014 on 60 Minutes today, I must admit my respect for him has improved. In case you missed it, see
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/james-comey ... 0-minutes/

Then there's GOP Intelligence Committe Chairman Richard Burr: http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/1 ... ard-238275 'Ethical, upright, straightforward' We don't have many around like that.

Sure would like to hear those tapes of Comey and the president.
"Fellowship, Leadership, Scholarship, Service." Anyone?

parabelum
Posts in topic: 7

Post by parabelum »

dale blanker wrote:
Sure would like to hear tapes of Comey and the Lib Senators etc...

mojo84
Posts in topic: 5

Post by mojo84 »

dale blanker wrote:Comey's firing does not make sense to me...
As someone noted earlier, Comey managed to annoy both parties and so deserves some credit for being unbiased. More recently the president had praised him. Apparently Comey would not profess loyalty (but did promise honesty) to the president and Comey wanted to ramp up the Russia investifation. The president et al would like to see the investigation done so why not expedite it? There's certainly no stopping it now. Seems like getting the Russian questions answered sooner and getting on with health care, tax reform, infrastructure, etc. is best for the country.

After seeing Comey's interview from 2014 on 60 Minutes today, I must admit my respect for him has improved. In case you missed it, see
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/james-comey ... 0-minutes/

Then there's GOP Intelligence Committe Chairman Richard Burr: http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/1 ... ard-238275 'Ethical, upright, straightforward' We don't have many around like that.

It's no surprise it doesn't make sense to you.

Even McCabe testified under oath additional resources were not asked for as they do not request resources for specific investigations.

The Russia investigation doesn't necessarily mean investigation into collusion between Trump campaign and Russia. It is regarding potential Russian interference in and manipulation of the elections. Liberals conflate the two in order to perpetuate their narrative and agenda. Russia has tried to manlipulate the outcome of our and other countries elections for decades. The USA does the same.

Both sides have repeatedly said Comey should be fired. He was finally fired.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Return to “General Legislative Discussions”