Still won't vote for Trump?

There is seemingly no end to the extent to which anti-gun people and groups will lie about guns and gun owners. Post links to articles by these masters of prevarication here.

Moderator: carlson1

TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Still won't vote for Trump?

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

I bet it's Pence or Gingrich.

Gingrich is my final answer.
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

Papa_Tiger
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Papa_Tiger »

I would have a VERY hard time voting a Trump/Christie ticket. Better than Hillary/whomever, but Christie as a choice seems to be a slap in the face to those who like him because he is an outsider.

Topic author
flowrie
Posts in topic: 5

Post by flowrie »

usurp31 wrote:(Regarding the picture above)

Every time I see a photo of Castro, I immediately think of Mel Brooks! Just me?
Never noticed that until now, he does look like Mel, LOL!!!!
Former NRA Life Member
1911 fan

parabelum
Posts in topic: 24

Post by parabelum »

Pence it is.

I'm glad it wasn't Gingrich, and especially Christie.

http://www.rollcall.com/mike-pence-chos ... p-nominee/

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 16

Post by Bitter Clinger »

parabelum wrote:Pence it is.

I'm glad it wasn't Gingrich, and especially Christie.

http://www.rollcall.com/mike-pence-chos ... p-nominee/
:iagree:
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

wow. I was late to the party, I just saw that Pence is the VP -- assuming this source is good...
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

TexasJohnBoy wrote:wow. I was late to the party, I just saw that Pence is the VP -- assuming this source is good...
I think the source's announcement is premature--we'll know for sure tomorrow--but I do believe the assertion is correct. Too many indicating factors at work, including that both Christie and Gingrich are on the program to speak at the Republican National Convention, but not Mike Pence. (speaker list at L.A. Times, if you can stand to visit the site). Event the Wall Street Journal has jumped on the Pence bandwagon, but they're careful to say that the choice is not official until we hear from The Donald tomorrow.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Flightmare »

I think Hillary should offer a concession speech now. Chuck Norris has sided with Trump. :biggrinjester:

http://www.wnd.com/2016/07/the-people-have-spoken/
There is no doubt about it: A “no” vote for Trump is a vote for Hillary. Any way you boil it down, that’s the end result. And every last person across America needs to sincerely reflect upon the fact if they want to vote for Hillary by merely staying home on Election Day. That is what she’s hoping for.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

techenigma

Post by techenigma »

The only logical vote is for Trump if you want America headed the right way again. Everyone else can go with any of the other three and Trump will pull it out.

rp_photo

Post by rp_photo »

Disgruntled Democrats should vote for Johnson or Stein, but disgruntled Republicans need to hold their nose and vote for Trump.
CHL since 2/2011
Glock 26, S&W 442, Ruger SP101 .357 3",
S&W M&P 40, Remington 870 Express 12 ga 18"

Abraham
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Abraham »

I will vote for Trump no matter his VP choice, but man, I hope he doesn't give the nod to that big, RINO, cream puff, Christi.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 27

Post by mojo84 »

Abraham wrote:I will vote for Trump no matter his VP choice, but man, I hope he doesn't give the nod to that big, RINO, cream puff, Christi.
Is Trump reconsidering and thinking about changing his VP running mate?
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Abraham
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Abraham »

mojo84,

Whoops, I forgot he's already chosen Pence.

In my meager defense, I've tried to avoid getting too much political news as it's plays havoc with my digestion...

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

crazy2medic wrote:
J.R.@A&M wrote:
cb1000rider wrote:
rotor wrote: The right to keep and bear arms means that the government can not do what the British did to our colonial population or what the Nazis did to the Jews in more recent times. The 2nd amendment is to protect you from government, not just the bad guy that breaks into your home. I think in this respect our country is unique. With Obama we are already seeing oppression. When you take your first breath you either buy Obamacare or pay a tax. No freedom of choice. To be alive means you are taxed or must buy a government decided insurance. Didn't see that in The Constitution.
Totally agree that such is the basis for the 2nd amendment.

I definitely don't trust the government, but I feel that it'd be naive of me to think that any amount of civilian firepower would have the capacity to stop a modern government. The Branch Davidians were reasonably well armed and they were only fighting non-military law enforcement. They lost.

Back in the colonial days, a government couldn't launch a drone strike from the other side of the world. The playing field was somewhat level and a well-armed militia could defeat a British force from across the sea. That's simply not true anymore.

There is simply no way that our forefathers could see 200+ years into the future. I'm glad we have 2nd amendment rights, but I really don't think it stops the trolls in congress. Besides, they generally want my money.. Killing the population isn't in their self-interest.

I have seen hesitation on the part of law enforcement to shut down civilians that were operating outside the law, but I think that's more about media coverage the bad press and resulting lawsuits than it is about being unable to find an APC to drive in and shoot people up.
Civilian firepower does not have to outmatch the military in order for an armed citizenry to put a limit on tyranny. And armed citizenry makes it more expensive for the government to come arrest you and whisk you away to an internment camp. That is what happened to countless victims of Soviet, etc. oppression -- they were quietly arrested at midnight by a couple of secret police. You could do that in Stalin's Georgia, but you can't do that in Jimmy Carter's Georgia. You'd have to send a SWAT team, and it would make the news, and it would be both financially and politically expensive.
Add to that once your citizenry figure out that they are truly in a fight and start forcing the government to guard facilities they have never had to guard before it wouldn't be long before they found that there are not enough guards and even the guards are vulnerable!
The man who wrote the quote below was a Soviet dissident. He endured very bad times, indeed. He agreed with what you have to say, though.
“And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.”

― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 10

Post by bblhd672 »

K.Mooneyham wrote:“And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.” ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
:iagree:
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Return to “Anti-gun propaganda and other lies!”