Julianne Moore writes impassioned essay about gun control

There is seemingly no end to the extent to which anti-gun people and groups will lie about guns and gun owners. Post links to articles by these masters of prevarication here.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
dhoobler
Posts in topic: 2

Julianne Moore writes impassioned essay about gun control

Post by dhoobler »

With apologies to TAM. :reddevil

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/04/12/ju ... trol-essay

As if the ability to memorize and recite lines makes one an expert on guns.
Revolver - An elegant weapon... for a more civilized age.
NRA Endowment Life Member
TSRA Life Member

Abraham
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Julianne Moore writes impassioned essay about gun control

Post by Abraham »

A showbiz type that's anti-gun - how unusual.

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

So where's the impassioned essay? went to the EW link above, it just refers to a link to "The Lenny Letters". Went to that link, didn't see the article. Put 'Julianne Moore' in the site search box, it can't find anything. How am I supposed to ridicule the (il)logic in an essay if I can't find it to read. Maybe it's a ghost-written article (once written, it turns into a ghost). Yeah, that's it! :smilelol5:
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

Topic author
dhoobler

Post by dhoobler »

I clicked the link and it took me to the article. Try to copy and paste the URL into your browser address bar.
Revolver - An elegant weapon... for a more civilized age.
NRA Endowment Life Member
TSRA Life Member

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

It's only noon, Maybe I haven't had enough coffee yet.....

The link takes me to the EW article.
The EW article sez "Julianne Moore has become an outspoken advocate for gun control measures, and in a new essay for Lena Dunham’s Lenny Letter,(etc)" and then quotes a few excerpts.

The EW article is a (poor) secondary source. The original essay published in the Lenny Letters would be a (the) primary source. Which apparently the Lenny Letters didn't think it was important enough to retain.

Google can't find the original article either, though it turns up a lot of left-wing publications references to Moore's anti gun grandstanding........
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

Abraham
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Abraham »

I have no desire to read whatever she thinks about anything.

She's just another celebrity, actress and her perspective on things hold zero fascination for me.

Of course, I'm a crabby old guy who doesn't particularly care about the doings of celebrity, Hollywood types...

parabelum
Posts in topic: 1

Post by parabelum »

Here is another one from Hollywood that made and continues to make millions off of movies that promote violence who now wants to drool like a drunk buffoon and lecture us about guns.

Hey Julliane, you bring your 10 year old to your movie set? What movie were you working on?
Wouldn't have been anything like "Boogie Nights", "Hannibal", or "Hunger Games" where 12-18 year olds are forced to fight and kill eachother?

Beacon of Stupidity.
Last edited by parabelum on Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mavs00

Post by Mavs00 »

parabelum wrote:Here is another one from Hollywood that made and continues to make millions off of movies that promote violence who now wants to drool like a drunk buffoon and lecture us about guns.

Hey Julliane, you bring your 10 year old to your movie set? What movie were you working on?
Wouldn't have been anything like "Boogie Nights", "Hannibal", or "Hunger Games" where 12-18 year olds are forced to fight and kill eachother?

Beacon of Stupidity.
:iagree: x100

I'm sure they all sit around at their high-brow cocktail parties and snicker at the thought of those of us who still feel the need to "cling to our guns"............. all the while, their armed bodyguards sit quietly out front keeping mayhem at bay. Altered reality.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

She should be more upset with bows and arrows. Maybe this will make ya'll feel a little better.

I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

TomsTXCHL

Post by TomsTXCHL »

parabelum wrote:Here is another one from Hollywood that made and continues to make millions off of movies that promote violence who now wants to drool like a drunk buffoon and lecture us about guns.

Beacon of Stupidity.
The hypocrisy of Hollywood is beyond mind-numbing.

What are THEIR theories as to why so many young people show no respect for human life? Between movies and video games it's no wonder kids are messed-up.

Bayoutalker

Post by Bayoutalker »

Moore wrote on Tuesday. “The Second Amendment protects the right of a United States citizen to bear arms. But a gun is a machine. And if you choose to bear arms, you have a responsibility to bear them safely.”

I can agree with this statement though. I just wish there was a way to stop these "celebrities" from using their popularity to preach their opinions. To many people believe and follow them because they liked them in some movie, not because they actually know what they are talking about. If they can be silenced in public then anyone who has a different opinion should be given equal air time.
Cliff H.
Beaumont, TX

MechAg94

Post by MechAg94 »

From what I am seeing, she is essentially emoting on the subject of guns and then parroting the bull lines from gun control groups about "common sense" gun safety.
Moore has since joined up with Everytown for Gun Safety, America’s largest gun violence prevention organization, in an effort to educate citizens on gun safety.
Has she even asked Everytown for Gun Safety how much "education" they actually do? She probably would be surprised to learn that the NRA educates more children about gun safety than anyone else. I doubt she would believe it.

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

rotor

Post by rotor »

It's only business.

Return to “Anti-gun propaganda and other lies!”