Let’s end gun safety hypocrisy and pass the ATF Enforcement Act

There is seemingly no end to the extent to which anti-gun people and groups will lie about guns and gun owners. Post links to articles by these masters of prevarication here.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
dhoobler
Posts in topic: 1

Let’s end gun safety hypocrisy and pass the ATF Enforcement Act

Post by dhoobler »

Warning: This article is written by a democrat.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... story.html
Revolver - An elegant weapon... for a more civilized age.
NRA Endowment Life Member
TSRA Life Member

Jusme
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Let’s end gun safety hypocrisy and pass the ATF Enforcement Act

Post by Jusme »

dhoobler wrote:Warning: This article is written by a democrat.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... story.html

dhoobler, I'm with TAM you are really starting to make my head hurt!!! :biggrinjester: :biggrinjester:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

MikeyJ

Post by MikeyJ »

I liked the part about making gun-trace data available to the public. (First bullet at the bottom of the article.) I'm sure that law enforcement (active and retired) and corrections officers would love this -- just like they did in NYC when one of the papers got the list of gun owners through a FOIA request (or the New York equivalent) and published a nice, interactive map on their website. The LEOs and COs were pretty upset when convicts started sending threats to their homes.

I can understand the need to share the information with state agencies while investigating a crime. And perhaps sharing it with FFLs so a check can be made that a firearm being transferred isn't stolen or wasn't used in a crime. Beyond that, the public has no legitimate need to know. (Then again, I could be wrong... I grew up in Massachusetts and didn't make my first gun purchase until I was 50. ;-) )

Jusme
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Jusme »

This whole rhetoric is ridiculous, there has been nothing done by Congress that would prohibit the DOJ from enforcing existing gun laws. All of the things listed that the writer wants, are to go after the law abiding. They know that if they go after real criminals, it would skew their agenda to show that legal, law abiding gun owners and sellers are not contributing factors to crimes with guns.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

AJSully421

Post by AJSully421 »

The reason that they don't round up all of the felons, drug dealers, and gang bangers who are illegally carrying guns is that 80% of them will be black or hispanic, and that makes it racist.

It really is that simple.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

30.06 signs only make criminals and terrorists safer.

NRA, LTC, School Safety, Armed Security, & Body Guard Instructor

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

Jusme wrote:This whole rhetoric is ridiculous, there has been nothing done by Congress that would prohibit the DOJ from enforcing existing gun laws. All of the things listed that the writer wants, are to go after the law abiding. They know that if they go after real criminals, it would skew their agenda to show that legal, law abiding gun owners and sellers are not contributing factors to crimes with guns.
:iagree: The vast majority of the things he's talking about enforcing are not laws, they''re ATF rules, which were put in place with no Congressional oversight.
AJSully421 wrote:The reason that they don't round up all of the felons, drug dealers, and gang bangers who are illegally carrying guns is that 80% of them will be black or hispanic, and that makes it racist.

It really is that simple.
:iagree: Amen.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Return to “Anti-gun propaganda and other lies!”