Huffington Post - A Revision on the Bill of Rights, Part III

There is seemingly no end to the extent to which anti-gun people and groups will lie about guns and gun owners. Post links to articles by these masters of prevarication here.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Lumberjack98
Posts in topic: 1

Huffington Post - A Revision on the Bill of Rights, Part III

Post by Lumberjack98 »

This is one of the worst (and laziest) arguments I've seen against the 2nd Amendment!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/justin-cu ... 72428.html?
NRA Lifetime Member
TSRA Lifetime Member

ScottDLS

Re: Huffington Post - A Revision on the Bill of Rights, Part III

Post by ScottDLS »

Lumberjack98 wrote:This is one of the worst (and laziest) arguments I've seen against the 2nd Amendment!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/justin-cu ... 72428.html?
Completely incoherent.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

jb2012

Post by jb2012 »

I refuse to read buzzfeed anymore. They are hands down the worse than CNN on getting facts straight. They do have some great recipes though!

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Words fail me. Well, that's not true. I had words to reply to that article. What an idiot!
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

AJSully421

Post by AJSully421 »

So, a criminal approaches me and wishes to shoot me and unlawfully deprive me of my property without due process, and I am somehow equally wrong if I shoot him, thus depriving him of a right to a trial?

This from the same folks who think that a murderer should live, but that a baby deserves to die. My sig line explains it well.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

30.06 signs only make criminals and terrorists safer.

NRA, LTC, School Safety, Armed Security, & Body Guard Instructor

JALLEN
Posts in topic: 2

Post by JALLEN »

It's not often an essay by a 5th grader gets this kind of prominence. Childish, puerile might be adequate descriptions.
Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

Daddio-on-patio

Post by Daddio-on-patio »

I am not even sure that the article made a point. Not understanding what the "Five Aims of the USA" is supposed to be I did a simple google search. First two replies referenced a group wanting to purchase overseas property and the Institute for Health Improvement. However, this was the third reply:
The Communist Takeover Of America - 45 Declared Goals
"rlol"
Ephesians 6:12 NKJV

12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age,[a] against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

OldCurlyWolf

Post by OldCurlyWolf »

I couldn't finish the first paragraph. It went incoherent that quickly.
:banghead:
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

Middle Age Russ

Post by Middle Age Russ »

The author of the article mentions the "Five Aims" in an earlier article in the series. They are from the Preamble to the US Constitution, "establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity." From his worldview, it seems apparent that he values the first four as applied to the general population much more highly than the last as applied to individuals.

From my reading of the Founders, individual liberty, individual property and being safe in ones person were the lynchpins of society, and these led to the creation of a government to secure these and, in aggregate, the other things mentioned in the Preamble. I guess the author has only gone as far as reading the Constitution and establishing his own hierarchy of the stated values based on a Progressive upbringing. It's too bad folks can't (or don't) take time to look deeper into the WHY and HOW of things rather than investing themselves in the WHAT, WHERE, WHEN tripe they are fed without validating it.
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

That article was nothing but a bunch of convoluted claptrap. He failed in his second sentence:
The Second Amendment is highly contested. There is no doubt that people do have the right to carry and have a stockpile of guns (“the right of the people to keep and bear arms”) and a state has the right to organize a well-regulated Militia.
Even the most cursory observation of our founding fathers' writings tell us that one of the purposes of the militia is to oppose a tyrannical government. That alone indicates the government (at any level) has no control over the militia an no authority to organize it.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Daddio-on-patio

Post by Daddio-on-patio »

Middle Age Russ wrote:The author of the article mentions the "Five Aims" in an earlier article in the series. They are from the Preamble to the US Constitution, "establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity." From his worldview, it seems apparent that he values the first four as applied to the general population much more highly than the last as applied to individuals.

From my reading of the Founders, individual liberty, individual property and being safe in ones person were the lynchpins of society, and these led to the creation of a government to secure these and, in aggregate, the other things mentioned in the Preamble. I guess the author has only gone as far as reading the Constitution and establishing his own hierarchy of the stated values based on a Progressive upbringing. It's too bad folks can't (or don't) take time to look deeper into the WHY and HOW of things rather than investing themselves in the WHAT, WHERE, WHEN tripe they are fed without validating it.
Thank you for researching his previous work. No way I could have managed through it even though I do try to exam opposing views to see what I am up against. Thanks again.
Ephesians 6:12 NKJV

12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age,[a] against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

Topbuilder

Post by Topbuilder »

Huffington Post. That's all I needed to see. Unfortunately their audience will take it all in as gospel.
"It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God, and the Bible." George Washington

JALLEN

Post by JALLEN »

As was said of one of Sen. Warren Harding's speeches, “an army of pompous phrases moving over the landscape in search of an idea.”
Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

Middle Age Russ

Post by Middle Age Russ »

“an army of pompous phrases moving over the landscape in search of an idea.”
This sounds like the definition of political speech to me.
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

Return to “Anti-gun propaganda and other lies!”