A bald-faced lie

There is seemingly no end to the extent to which anti-gun people and groups will lie about guns and gun owners. Post links to articles by these masters of prevarication here.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
dhoobler
Posts in topic: 1

A bald-faced lie

Post by dhoobler »

Mark Kelly: America’s Gun Laws Make Us Vulnerable to Terrorists

“You can go down to a gun show at the local convention center and come away with a fully automatic assault rifle without a background check and most likely without having to show an identification card. So what are you waiting for?”

Emphasis mine.

http://time.com/4308044/mark-kelly-clos ... error-gap/
Revolver - An elegant weapon... for a more civilized age.
NRA Endowment Life Member
TSRA Life Member

Jusme

Re: A bald-faced lie

Post by Jusme »

There's a gun show in Ft. Worth this weekend, I'll be at the front of the line to get my "fully automatic assault rifle", and I'll leave my ID at home since I won't need it. I may just pull up and park by the door and leave my truck running because I won't have to wait on a background check, I won't need to waste time paying to park. (where is that sarcasm emoji?)

Why do these people keep saying this same thing when they know it's not true? Have any of them even been to a gun show? :banghead: :banghead:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

Jusme wrote:There's a gun show in Ft. Worth this weekend, I'll be at the front of the line to get my "fully automatic assault rifle", and I'll leave my ID at home since I won't need it. I may just pull up and park by the door and leave my truck running because I won't have to wait on a background check, I won't need to waste time paying to park. (where is that sarcasm emoji?)

Why do these people keep saying this same thing when they know it's not true? Have any of them even been to a gun show? :banghead: :banghead:
Once these tyrants have the truth hit them in the face it is really going to hurt.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Middle Age Russ
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Middle Age Russ »

The Left is always taking a grain of truth and a bucket of emotion to drive toward tyranny. The only grain of truth in Mr. Kelly's declaration is that such could indeed happen IF BOTH buyer and seller were willing to break the law. If buyer and seller are both willing to break the law, why even go to a gun show?
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

suthdj

Post by suthdj »

It does not matter if it is the truth if you say it enough people believe it is
21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived
21-june-18 Plasic Arrived

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Middle Age Russ wrote:The Left is always taking a grain of truth and a bucket of emotion to drive toward tyranny. The only grain of truth in Mr. Kelly's declaration is that such could indeed happen IF BOTH buyer and seller were willing to break the law. If buyer and seller are both willing to break the law, why even go to a gun show?
AND...... if buyer and seller are both willing to break the law, no amount of laws will keep them from getting what they want.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

JALLEN

Post by JALLEN »

Not exactly.

Go back and read the article carefully.

The quote you posted was not that of Kelly but Adam Gadhan, boy terrorist.
Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

Middle Age Russ

Post by Middle Age Russ »

The Opinion article is by Mark Kelly, who quotes the boy terrorist. Mr. Kelly used it for his own particular reason to short-circuit the thoughts of most readers and pull on emotional heart-strings.
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

pushpullpete

Post by pushpullpete »

anygunanywhere,
The "TRUTH" has already hit them and they will continue to twist the facts to match their rhetoric until teotwawki.
Laws are for everyone, HOWEVER, we as law abiding & informed individuals respect and abide by those laws, we know that others do not.

pushpullpete

Post by pushpullpete »

Middle Age Russ wrote:The Opinion article is by Mark Kelly, who quotes the boy terrorist. Mr. Kelly used it for his own particular reason to short-circuit the thoughts of most readers and pull on emotional heart-strings.
:iagree: Wholeheartedly.

Daddio-on-patio

Post by Daddio-on-patio »

suthdj wrote:It does not matter if it is the truth if you say it enough people believe it is
:iagree:
Ephesians 6:12 NKJV

12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age,[a] against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

Mike S

Post by Mike S »

When Mark Kelly wrote ...

"Gun-wielding terrorists in Mumbai killed 174 people at hotels and other landmarks in 2008. Al-Shabaab militants in Nairobi stormed the upscale Westgate Mall in 2013, shooting and killing 67 people and wounding at least 175 others. Twice in 2015 this brand of terror visited Paris—in January, when terrorists stormed the offices of Charlie Hebdo and murdered 12 people, and again in November, when gunmen wielding military-style rifles and explosives killed at least 130 people and seriously wounded scores more."

... he didn't mention which gun show in America these terrorist shopped at. Oh, wait, they didn't...

winters
Banned

Post by winters »

god i can't stand the kellys. his wife wouldn't be even be alive if she had health insurance like the rest of us.

Return to “Anti-gun propaganda and other lies!”