How low will they stoop?

There is seemingly no end to the extent to which anti-gun people and groups will lie about guns and gun owners. Post links to articles by these masters of prevarication here.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
mojo84
Posts in topic: 4

How low will they stoop?

Post by mojo84 »

At least this low. This is a 3 year old Photoshopped photo posted on Facebook to rile everyone up. It fullfilled it's intended purpose based on the comments.

Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 1

Re: How low will they stoop?

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

I wish the original photo could be found.

Chas.

Topic author
mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

I've done a little searching and haven't found the original yet. Maybe someone with better Google fu can help.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Countryside
Banned

Post by Countryside »

That is terrible! That's the worst two handed grip I've ever seen, and saliva will cause rust! :shock:

KLB

Post by KLB »

How low will they stoop? As low as it takes.

Topic author
mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

I can't find the original so it may not be photoshopped after all. I can't tell tell if the gun is real or not on my phone. I just don't think a baby that young could hold a real gun like that.

I'm open to feedback regarding it's validity,

seph

Post by seph »

Looks like that pic has been floating around since at least 2010. Have not found the original source though.

http://heavy.com/comedy/2010/05/the-20-worst-moms/

Google image search:
http://tinyurl.com/grnf3xf
Let's go Brandon! "rlol"

jmorris

Post by jmorris »

Might be hard to find the original if it is photoshopped. Using Tineye this version appears to have been around since 2008.
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Only useful thing I found... Not very useful.

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/baby-holding ... mage.shtml
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

mojo84 wrote:I can't find the original so it may not be photoshopped after all. I can't tell tell if the gun is real or not on my phone. I just don't think a baby that young could hold a real gun like that.

I'm open to feedback regarding it's validity,
It looks like a fake to me. Compare the size of the gun to the woman, since the gun is resting against her chest. The gun appears like it would completely span her chest from butt to muzzle. That is either a very large gun or a very small woman.

I'm also confused as to the point that the anti-gunners are trying to make here. If one gun owner out of the millions in this country is irresponsible, does that mean we should ban all guns? If so I might have to find a photo of someone doing something dangerous with a Hillary campaign sign.....

Topic author
mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

That's the thing they are saying, guns are too easy for irresponsible people to get their hands on. Therefore, they need to be banned or controlled more rigorously.

You can search Google images for "bad parent guns" or "parent fails gun" and get an idea of what they are doing.

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

mojo84 wrote:That's the thing they are saying, guns are too easy for irresponsible people to get their hands on. Therefore, they need to be banned or controlled more rigorously.

You can search Google images for "bad parent guns" or "parent fails gun" and get an idea of what they are doing.

With that logic, let's ban cars, spray paint, matches, kitchen knives, and turkey fryers. They have all had people use them irresponsibly, and are easy for people to get. I will never understand people who think they have the right to restrict something from someone else, but tell them they can't have something because it has been used irresponsibly, and listen to them scream.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

You know well over 50% of car crashes are caused by drivers who are sober and not under the influence of drugs... :shock: What are we going to do to get these dangerous statistics down!? :evil2:

Get these sober drivers off the road! :mad5
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

jason812

Post by jason812 »

More people die falling out of bed each year than are killed by all rifles (yes, cause the rifle is the cause). That includes bolt action and the evil assault rifles that are fully automatic you can buy at a gun show with no background check. Sounds like I need to start sleeping on the floor.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

DocV

Post by DocV »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:I wish the original photo could be found.

Chas.
That image has been around since 2007. I believe the first post was on a NSFW site, http://{redacted]/2007/03/21/fotg.html, where the picture is still available. The image on that site has EXIF data:
EXIF IFD0
Picture Orientation {0x0112 }normal (1)
Software / Firmware Version {0x0131} ACD Systems Digital Imaging
Last Modified Date/Time {0x0132}2007:03:19 09:41:43
Y/Cb/Cr Positioning (Subsampling) {0x0213}centered / center of pixel array (1)

EXIF Sub IFD
EXIF Version {0x9000}0220
Last Modified Subsecond Time {0x9290}31
Image Width {0xA002}500 pixels
Image Height {0xA003}482 pixels

EXIF Interoperability IFD
Interoperability Index {0x0001}R98
Interoperability Version {0x0002}0100
The web site is located on a network located in Russia that is highly abused, infested with pr0n, Botnet Command&Control mother ships, and spam operations.

Return to “Anti-gun propaganda and other lies!”