Down with the quickness

There is seemingly no end to the extent to which anti-gun people and groups will lie about guns and gun owners. Post links to articles by these masters of prevarication here.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
nimravus01
Posts in topic: 4

Down with the quickness

Post by nimravus01 »

On my social media feed, I've seen a few people sharing "articles" about how the authors are too quickly and easily, (in their opinion,) able to purchase an AR-15. The same gun that is, (in their opinion,) infamously used by so many killers, (they really want to hammer that point home if you haven't gathered already.) One example is the article, linked below, where the author claims that he, a 20 year old college student, (of legal age, but, apparently he thinks that's too young, I guess,) could have bought a gun "with less paperwork than when he applied for a job" [paraphrased]. Mind you, he didn't actually buy the gun, so he didn't go through the whole process, but, he 'could have'.
There's definitely wrong info in this article and others like it.

Edited to clarify that It is the opinion of the articles author that the AR-15 is used by killers, and wrongly includes the Orlando guy. I am trying to say that this author and others like him keep trying to vilify the AR-15. I, in no way, meant to imply that I was trying to paint the AR-15 in bad light.

https://thetab.com/us/2016/06/14/i-was- ... utes-19833
Last edited by nimravus01 on Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Wall
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Down with the quickness

Post by The Wall »

The Orlando shooter didn't use an AR15.

Topic author
nimravus01

Post by nimravus01 »

The Wall wrote:The Orlando shooter didn't use an AR15.
Right. Like I said, there are lots of inaccuracies in this article. As well as many others that I've been seeing lately that are similar in subject.

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

Probably the best way to predict the effect of an "assault weapons ban" is to take a look at how the last one performed.

Here is an article, from the LA Times, of all places, written 9 months after the Clinton ban expired:

http://articles.latimes.com/2005/jun/28 ... /oe-lott28
For gun control advocates, even a meaningless ban counts. These are the same folks who have never been bashful about scare tactics, predicting doom and gloom when they don't get what they want. They hysterically claimed that blood would flow in the streets after states passed right-to-carry laws letting citizens carry concealed handguns, but that never occurred. Thirty-seven states now have right-to-carry laws -- and no one is seriously talking about rescinding them or citing statistics about the laws causing crime.

Gun controllers' fears that the end of the assault weapons ban would mean the sky would fall were simply not true. How much longer can the media take such hysteria seriously when it is so at odds with the facts?
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Liberty
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Liberty »

I wish they would explain how these so called assault rifles are deadlier than any other gun. but really are they more effective or deadlier in a crowded room like a night club. with a three hour time span? Plastic and aluminum guns have people scared and we are doing a poor job of educating them. Perhaps if we started calling them intermediate powered , or lower powered rifles. What does the type of gun have to do with any of tyhis?

The 223 at these close ranges probably wouldn't be more effective than a 9MM.
Would the results really have been any different if he was armed with a double barrel Shotgun or a bolt rifle, or a ranch styled mini-14 etc. Why was the selection of a sport make any difference.
The terrorist had 3 hours. He took his time. Made cell phone calls, Made Tweets, plenty of time to reload.
Did the police kill or wound any of the victims? I'm not criticize them but it seems that a full military assault could result in unintended casualties

Last night I heard Geraldo Rivaro claim 2 or 3 times that people can buy a machine gun over the counter. No one challenged him.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Bayoutalker

Post by Bayoutalker »

The reason no one challenged Geraldo was probably that they made sure nobody was around that could.
Cliff H.
Beaumont, TX

Syntyr

Post by Syntyr »

Unfortunately these people don't care about truth. They have an agenda and they don't care if they have to stretch the truth or even out right lie. They will do everything they can to advance the agenda. To them the AR15 or M16 or M60 are all the same. Its a distinction without a difference. Their agenda is to get rid of as many evil weapons as they can.

That's the problem. They are fighting like that while most on our side argue about hunting or mag capacity or barrel shrouds or rate of fire. Its the slipery slope argument. They will keep taking every concession we give them until there is nothing left. They will not be appeased. Just look at the UK. Guns are for the most part gone and now they are trying to get knives removed!

Here is where we must stand! We must give them nothing!
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

Topic author
nimravus01

Post by nimravus01 »

What the other side seems to be arguing in these types of articles, is that it's "too easy and quick" to be able to purchase a "deadly weapon". As if imposing some arbitrary time limit on making a legal purchase is going to force criminals to abandon their malicious plans.

Jim Beaux

Post by Jim Beaux »

nimravus01 wrote:What the other side seems to be arguing in these types of articles, is that it's "too easy and quick" to be able to purchase a "deadly weapon". As if imposing some arbitrary time limit on making a legal purchase is going to force criminals to abandon their malicious plans.
Appears that the Orlando shooter had been planning the attack for a few months-including selling his house to his sister/brother-in-law 2 months ago for $10.
“In the world of lies, truth-telling is a hanging offense"
~Unknown

Topbuilder

Post by Topbuilder »

Which means they also knew his intensions. Unless they thought it was an early Christmas present.
"It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God, and the Bible." George Washington

JALLEN

Post by JALLEN »

Jim Beaux wrote:
Appears that the Orlando shooter had been planning the attack for a few months-including selling his house to his sister/brother-in-law 2 months ago for $10.
I don't know what the accepted form of deeds might be in Florida, but maybe 90% of the deeds here start with "For $10 in hand paid, and other good and valuable consideration, receipt of which is hereby acknowledged......"

It's hilarious to see all the talking heads on TV blather and bloviate about stuff when it is obvious they don't know what they are talking about, like Gregg Jarrett after San Bernardino blabbing about how easy it is to convert an AR-15 into full auto by putting in a bullet button!
Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Liberty wrote:I wish they would explain how these so called assault rifles are deadlier than any other gun. but really are they more effective or deadlier in a crowded room like a night club. with a three hour time span? Plastic and aluminum guns have people scared and we are doing a poor job of educating them. Perhaps if we started calling them intermediate powered , or lower powered rifles. What does the type of gun have to do with any of tyhis?

The 223 at these close ranges probably wouldn't be more effective than a 9MM.
Would the results really have been any different if he was armed with a double barrel Shotgun or a bolt rifle, or a ranch styled mini-14 etc. Why was the selection of a sport make any difference.
The terrorist had 3 hours. He took his time. Made cell phone calls, Made Tweets, plenty of time to reload.
Did the police kill or wound any of the victims? I'm not criticize them but it seems that a full military assault could result in unintended casualties

Last night I heard Geraldo Rivaro claim 2 or 3 times that people can buy a machine gun over the counter. No one challenged him.

Mrs. Jusme and I were talking last night about the left trying to push for a ban on all semi auto rifles, and the AR 15 in particular. I was exlpaining to her that te 5.56/223 was not a high powered cartridge and in fact is not allowed for deer hunting in several states, due to it's inability to make clean one shot kills. To explain further I brought in one round each of a 22lr, a 223, a 270, and a 308. she had not really compared them side by side and was amazed the the 223 was the same size as a 22lr. I explained that the bullet itself was slightly heavier, and had more powder in the shell which increased it's ballistic characteristics, and the same for the 270 with the 270 being a much heavier bullet, and having even more powder, it was much better as a deer hunting cartridge. She said well why do they keep calling an AR a "high powered" rifle? I said that is a question a lot of us have. :headscratch
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

flintknapper
Banned

Post by flintknapper »

How much longer can the media take such hysteria seriously when it is so at odds with the facts?
Forever!

Liberals (of which the media is mostly comprised) do not care about 'facts'. Liberals move on EMOTION, not facts, not logic, not reason, not honesty.

We should not give an inch, NO MORE concessions. It will NEVER be enough.

There is a culture WAR being waged in America. Time to fight back.
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

rotor

Post by rotor »

flintknapper wrote:
How much longer can the media take such hysteria seriously when it is so at odds with the facts?
Forever!

Liberals (of which the media is mostly comprised) do not care about 'facts'. Liberals move on EMOTION, not facts, not logic, not reason, not honesty.

We should not give an inch, NO MORE concessions. It will NEVER be enough.

There is a culture WAR being waged in America. Time to fight back.
Correct. They know the AR-15 is not a weapon of war or a machine gun. It is one step in the road to confiscation.

Liberty
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Liberty »

If at the close ranges that these mass shootings typically occur, a side by side comparison of the damage that can be done with pocketfulls of mags, a pair of Glock 17s might be more damaging n g than an AR15. The hand gun should be quicker to come on target. With more available ammo at hand. The AR is more accurate,but at these types of distances would it really matter?
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Return to “Anti-gun propaganda and other lies!”