Matt Damon Dreams of Gun Confiscation in America

There is seemingly no end to the extent to which anti-gun people and groups will lie about guns and gun owners. Post links to articles by these masters of prevarication here.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
mbschne
Posts in topic: 1

Matt Damon Dreams of Gun Confiscation in America

Post by mbschne »

“You guys did it here in one fell swoop, and I wish that could happen in my country, but it’s such a personal issue for people that we cannot talk about it sensibly,” Damon said during a promotional engagement in Sydney.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/07 ... y-country/

KLB

Re: Matt Damon Dreams of Gun Confiscation in America

Post by KLB »

More often the elite are coming clean on what they mean by common sense gun control. In an election year. Either they or we are seriously out of step with the majority of the electorate.

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Hypocrite! How much money has he made in movies with guns.

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

Oldgringo wrote:Hypocrite! How much money has he made in movies with guns.
Umm, all of it?
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

mbschne wrote:“You guys did it here in one fell swoop, and I wish that could happen in my country, but it’s such a personal issue for people that we cannot talk about it sensibly,” Damon said during a promotional engagement in Sydney.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/07 ... y-country/
Matt Damon should read this: http://thefederalist.com/2015/04/10/the ... rstand-it/
"This is how it always seems to work. When pressed, they don’t know what coercion is, how to define it clearly, how to figure out competing claims, or what the historic arguments are in each direction. When they’re not trying to avoid the issue, they always seem to be working it out on the fly like 18-year-olds in a dorm room bull session.

Why are these advocates of force and coercion so curiously reluctant to own up to their own agenda?

Well, the question kind of answers itself, doesn’t it? If you still want to think of yourself as “liberal” and tolerant, while bashing people who disagree with you over the head, would you want to make the issues fully clear and explicit? Would you want to come out and tell people you’re trying to expunge this country’s founding ideals? Who wants to own up to being the party of the mailed fist?

The advocates of government coercion have to evade the central issues, because they don’t want to admit where they really stand—not even to themselves."
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

Every time I hear/see Matt Damon, it makes me think of South Park.

Buffoon.

rotor

Post by rotor »

Actors have one talent and that is reading a script and converting that into a character and even that needs a director. The intelligence to write that script is missing in most of them. A parrot can be trained to speak, it doesn't make them smart. Who cares what they think?

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

Any one said, why you made all your money out of the "GUN" portraying killing people.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Redneck_Buddha

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

Derka derka.

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

I wasn't going to comment, since Matt Damon has shown to be a total hypocrite and I didn't want to waste my thoughts on him, but what amazes me in today's world, is how someone who has chosen acting as a career, suddenly, has their opinion carry more weight than anyone else's. I don't personally care what his opinions are regarding guns, any more than I care what his opinions are about shoe color.

I just don't understand why people, (media members excluded, they have to sell papers and air time) give so much credence to someone who, in the overall scheme of things, has a no more valuable opinion, than the clerk at the local convenience store. Neither one of those people speak for me, and they are both equally entitled to their opinions. It just saddens me that there are so many sheep out there, who will believe that a wealthy actor, who makes his living from their patronage, somehow has more insight than the average person, whether it involves gun confiscation, or any other issue. JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

RogueUSMC

Post by RogueUSMC »

It's a name drop thing that validates their opinions...and themselves in a pathetic fashion...
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

John Galt

Post by John Galt »

Jusme wrote:I wasn't going to comment, since Matt Damon has shown to be a total hypocrite and I didn't want to waste my thoughts on him, but what amazes me in today's world, is how someone who has chosen acting as a career, suddenly, has their opinion carry more weight than anyone else's. I don't personally care what his opinions are regarding guns, any more than I care what his opinions are about shoe color.

I just don't understand why people, (media members excluded, they have to sell papers and air time) give so much credence to someone who, in the overall scheme of things, has a no more valuable opinion, than the clerk at the local convenience store. Neither one of those people speak for me, and they are both equally entitled to their opinions. It just saddens me that there are so many sheep out there, who will believe that a wealthy actor, who makes his living from their patronage, somehow has more insight than the average person, whether it involves gun confiscation, or any other issue. JMHO
:smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash:

lildave40

Post by lildave40 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Redneck_Buddha wrote:Derka derka.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Show biz pinheads are to be ignored.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

As a Jason Borne movie fan, I hate it when the actor has to spout their liberal gun views, especially before a new movie.

However, if you have paid attention to the previous Borne Movies, Matt Damon's character will often shun guns in the movie. Since he is on the run traveling by air from city to city he cannot have a gun since he must go through the airport security just like everyone else. (he is a common person rather than an elite) He generally gets his guns from his opponents, CIA agents, police officers, and bad guys, who he expertly disarms.

If he is not in immediate danger he often sets the gun down and leaves it behind.

So if you go and see his new movie, look for this. It will make you much more cautious about keeping a hold of the gun you have before it is snatched away by Matt Damon.

Return to “Anti-gun propaganda and other lies!”