New Anti Gun Group (It's Not Just Monkeys Who Fling Their Poop)

There is seemingly no end to the extent to which anti-gun people and groups will lie about guns and gun owners. Post links to articles by these masters of prevarication here.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Revet
Posts in topic: 2

New Anti Gun Group (It's Not Just Monkeys Who Fling Their Poop)

Post by Revet »

If gun owners were anywhere near as violent as anti-gunners claim, there would be no anti-gunners.

Recent events, from the assassination of police officers, to race-related riots, assaults and vandalism against Trump supporters—continue to prove that the self-proclaimed “compassionate, inclusive and tolerant“ left is in fact far more prone to violence than conservatives.

Which is why it is reasonable to expect the worst from a new anti-gun group, whose stated reason-for-being is the harassment, sabotage and ridicule of “the gun culture.”

And of course by “gun culture,” they mean law-abiding gun owners like you and me—not the drug peddlers, gangsters and lunatics who actually commit most of the “gun violence“ they characterize as epidemic.

You may recall awhile back when the Everytown Moms called on members to “swat “ open carriers (make harassing police reports). This new group, does not stop at that. Their website invites all manner of anonymous attack—just short of violence, they say. Given the record of leftist extremists and the seething sneer in their threats, I would not count on moderation.

It’s really very similar to the terrorist websites calling for lone wolf attacks.

It's a mystery to me how anyone might think they could win-over opponents to their way of thinking in this manner. But I don’t really wonder about that very much. I became convinced a long time ago that anti-gun fanaticism is more about hate and power and the need of the self-righteous to isolate others to whom they can feel superior—than it is to violence or children’s safety. The comments following gun related articles in the liberal press prove it. I won't forget those who openly wished for the murder of NRA member’s children after the horror in Newtown, CT.

I'm not trying to be mysterious about these nuts. It would be against forum rules to attach a link leading to their website, filled as it is with profanity and sexual vulgarity. And frankly I don’t care to have my screen name in any way connected to theirs. They have been mentioned on at least one prominent gun news aggregate, so a little google effort should find them.

As Sun Tzu said in, "The Art of War;" Know your enemy.
Common sense is not common practice.
NRA Benefactor, TSRA life member.

Vol Texan

Re: New Anti Gun Group (It's Not Just Monkeys Who Fling Their Poop)

Post by Vol Texan »

Link to an article???
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Jusme
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Jusme »

Vol Texan wrote:Link to an article???

Or just a better hint. I am unable to find the group you referenced. Maybe the name of the aggregate you mentioned?
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 3

Post by bblhd672 »

http://www.betsyriot.com/

It is so difficult not to hate and despise progressives.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

Ha, yeah I've seen this on Twitter. They are by far the worst debaters I've ever seen. Straight out vulgarity is all they do, and you don't do much to get anyone to listen to you with that tactic.
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

At first I thought this may be a legitimate group, but they aren't even organized, it's just a bunch of vandals putting stickers on things.
Wow, they sure do make a valid argument Huh? :confused5
I thought it was funny, that they were putting stickers on places in New York City, I guess that will help get restrictive gun laws there. Oh yeah they already do.. :roll:

Well I won't lose any sleep over these idiots, or dignify their group with any type of response.

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 1

Post by ScottDLS »

ScottDLS <------ Starts an anti-zombie protest group that focuses on fighting the (un)dead... :coolgleamA:

ScottRIOT
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

lildave40

Post by lildave40 »

Man that sight is full of hate. I cant see anyone supporting it.

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

lildave40 wrote:Man that sight is full of hate. I cant see anyone supporting it.
Progressive left commie pinkos only know hate. They hate law and order, freedom, life, God and religion, truth...... I could go on forever.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 3

Post by bblhd672 »

anygunanywhere wrote:
lildave40 wrote:Man that sight is full of hate. I cant see anyone supporting it.
Progressive left commie pinkos only know hate. They hate law and order, freedom, life, God and religion, truth...... I could go on forever.
:iagree:
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Topic author
Revet

Post by Revet »

Am sorry I didn't get back on the site to answer the questions, I have been sick.

As I said in the original post, my understanding of forum rules is that links leading to obscene sites are forbidden. But you have it now.

I have gotten into the bad habit of following the anti gun commentary on the liberal and mainstream news and websites. It's disheartening--to use the mildest word I can think of. I've owned guns and loved hunting and shooting since the '50s, when such things were considered wholesome mainstream activities. I've never seen the visceral hatred directed at good God-fearing gun-owning people that I see now. By necessity I've spent a lot of time in the most liberal ("progressive" collectivist) parts of the country and know that the contempt for our rights and values is real and deep. It's not going to blow over, and I can't help but believe that the campaign against second amendment rights is barely the start.
Common sense is not common practice.
NRA Benefactor, TSRA life member.

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Revet wrote:Am sorry I didn't get back on the site to answer the questions, I have been sick.

As I said in the original post, my understanding of forum rules is that links leading to obscene sites are forbidden. But you have it now.

I have gotten into the bad habit of following the anti gun commentary on the liberal and mainstream news and websites. It's disheartening--to use the mildest word I can think of. I've owned guns and loved hunting and shooting since the '50s, when such things were considered wholesome mainstream activities. I've never seen the visceral hatred directed at good God-fearing gun-owning people that I see now. By necessity I've spent a lot of time in the most liberal ("progressive" collectivist) parts of the country and know that the contempt for our rights and values is real and deep. It's not going to blow over, and I can't help but believe that the campaign against second amendment rights is barely the start.

I can't speak for other parts of the country, but I agree that a lot of the rhetoric is gearing up, funded mostly by Blooming idiots and their minions. The main problem is that, so many anti gun groups get so much air time in main stream media, and with so many people getting sound byte news, all they see are the people trying to disarm all law abiding citizens, and the ones trying to protect our 2A rights are portrayed as right wing extremists.

Fortunately, I still think that there are enough people who have had enough of the do nothing politicians, and gun grabbers, that they are standing up and fighting back, maybe not with their faces on CNN, but with their votes. JMHO

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

Bear with me here; something interesting could turn up.

The domain name betsyriot.com was registered just 17 days ago, and it was registered using a domain privacy protection service to mask all ownership and contact information.

What is interesting, though, is that the webserver's IP address is reporting to be 172.93.105.34, and that's part of a very small block of addresses--only eight, in fact, fourth octet .32 through .39--owned by a Tim Owens and purchased through ReliableSite.Net LLC last April 15. ReliableSite.Net is out of Miami.

Mr. Owens address of record is 9805 Plaza View Way, Fredericksburg, VA 22408. That's a modest, 3-bedroom townhouse in Spotsylvania county, not far from I-95 and near the Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center. At 1,400 square feet, it was built in 1999 and last sold April 30, 2013:

But that may be about as close as you can come to the center of DC (just under 40 miles) for a purchase price of $142K.

Somewhat ironic: do you know what the tagline is for Spotsylvania County, Virginia? "Crossroads of the Civil War."

The thing is, Tim Owens does not own that modest townhouse. Evidently, he rents it. The owners are Harry and Danielle Franklin, of 23 Cannon Ridge Drive, Fredericksburg. They're the ones who bought it April 30, 2013, and still own it according to Spotsylvania County Real Estate Assessments.

What about those other IP addresses purchased by Tim Owens via ReliableSite.Net? None are live but the profane betsyriot.com.

And our new buddy? He's Timothy Ray Owens, and was charged August 3, 2015 with speeding 50 in a 35 mph zone. His personal website exists, but is only a placeholder: https://timowens.io/. He and a woman named Martha Burtis (University of Mary Washington) started a business a couple of years ago called Reclaim Hosting (https://reclaimhosting.com/).

Now, I'm sure neither Mr. Owens nor Ms. Burtis actually posted the profanity-laced betsyriot.com...but they certainly facilitated it and are accountable. One reason I know neither posted it is that they both seem very web-savvy, and no one with a lick of sense would leave entire webserver directories open to browsing: http://www.betsyriot.com/images/.

That said, were I one of the NRA's highly skilled lawyers, I might first look to Mr. Timothy Ray Owens about this defamatory website.

Sad, isn't it, that rabid, anti-social, anti-gunners are too stupid to realize that whatever you do on the internet leaves footprints.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

Skiprr wrote:Bear with me here; something interesting could turn up.

The domain name betsyriot.com was registered just 17 days ago, and it was registered using a domain privacy protection service to mask all ownership and contact information.

What is interesting, though, is that the webserver's IP address is reporting to be 172.93.105.34, and that's part of a very small block of addresses--only eight, in fact, fourth octet .32 through .39--owned by a Tim Owens and purchased through ReliableSite.Net LLC last April 15. ReliableSite.Net is out of Miami.

Mr. Owens address of record is 9805 Plaza View Way, Fredericksburg, VA 22408. That's a modest, 3-bedroom townhouse in Spotsylvania county, not far from I-95 and near the Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center. At 1,400 square feet, it was built in 1999 and last sold April 30, 2013:

But that may be about as close as you can come to the center of DC (just under 40 miles) for a purchase price of $142K.

Somewhat ironic: do you know what the tagline is for Spotsylvania County, Virginia? "Crossroads of the Civil War."

The thing is, Tim Owens does not own that modest townhouse. Evidently, he rents it. The owners are Harry and Danielle Franklin, of 23 Cannon Ridge Drive, Fredericksburg. They're the ones who bought it April 30, 2013, and still own it according to Spotsylvania County Real Estate Assessments.

What about those other IP addresses purchased by Tim Owens via ReliableSite.Net? None are live but the profane betsyriot.com.

And our new buddy? He's Timothy Ray Owens, and was charged August 3, 2015 with speeding 50 in a 35 mph zone. His personal website exists, but is only a placeholder: https://timowens.io/. He and a woman named Martha Burtis (University of Mary Washington) started a business a couple of years ago called Reclaim Hosting (https://reclaimhosting.com/).

Now, I'm sure neither Mr. Owens nor Ms. Burtis actually posted the profanity-laced betsyriot.com...but they certainly facilitated it and are accountable. One reason I know neither posted it is that they both seem very web-savvy, and no one with a lick of sense would leave entire webserver directories open to browsing: http://www.betsyriot.com/images/.

That said, were I one of the NRA's highly skilled lawyers, I might first look to Mr. Timothy Ray Owens about this defamatory website.

Sad, isn't it, that rabid, anti-social, anti-gunners are too stupid to realize that whatever you do on the internet leaves footprints.
Remind me to never piss you off in any way, Skiprr.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

joe817

Post by joe817 »

Wow! :shock: Great research work Skiprr! thank you!! :tiphat: :thumbs2:
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Return to “Anti-gun propaganda and other lies!”