If you want a laugh.......

There is seemingly no end to the extent to which anti-gun people and groups will lie about guns and gun owners. Post links to articles by these masters of prevarication here.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 1

If you want a laugh.......

Post by TreyHouston »

So, i am very active in my neighborhood. I communicate often on NEXTDOOR dot com. A couple days ago there was a post that caught my eye!

FREE GUN EDUCATION AND SAFETY TRAINING FOR KIDS

Great I thought! Awsome when the community gets together to talk about gun safety! So I clicked on ther post and started reading. The group putting this on is MDA mothers demand action and they say in the post that this is a NON political event... Right....

MY neighbors erupted with the force of ZEUS with posts and utter hatered. Wow! I cant even repeat some of the things that were said! Most posts were well educated like i hear on here!

I was/am very proud of where I live!!! :coolgleamA:

Side note! Have any other neighborhoods been hit up with this post????
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

TexasTornado
Posts in topic: 2

Re: If you want a laugh.......

Post by TexasTornado »

TreyHouston wrote:Wow! I cant even repeat some of the things that were said!

Now I'm curious!! Tease! ;-)
"I can see it's dangerous for you, but if the government trusts me, maybe you could."

NRA Lifetime Member

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

TreyHouston wrote:So, i am very active in my neighborhood. I communicate often on NEXTDOOR dot com. A couple days ago there was a post that caught my eye!

Great I thought! Awsome when the community gets together to talk about gun safety! So I clicked on ther post and started reading. The group putting this on is MDA mothers demand action and they say in the post that this is a NON political event... Right....

MY neighbors erupted with the force of ZEUS with posts and utter hatered. Wow! I cant even repeat some of the things that were said! Most posts were well educated like i hear on here!

I'm sure the progs who decided to better their neighborhood's bitter clingers were aghast at the reactions.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

I'm on NEXTDOOR often. But I haven't seen this yet. I live in an unincorporated area where I'm surrounded by gun loving people. They (MDA) would probably not be welcomed anywhere around my neighborhood.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

You should show up with some fellow knowledgeable gun folks and offer to help educate the children. Open carrying of course.

jadoti

Post by jadoti »

TreyHouston wrote:So, i am very active in my neighborhood. I communicate often on NEXTDOOR dot com. A couple days ago there was a post that caught my eye!

Are you going to go? I'd be lying if I said I wasn't atleast a bit curious as to how the MDA defines "gun education and safety training for kids"...
Proud NRA Lifetime Member

TexasTornado

Post by TexasTornado »

jadoti wrote:

Are you going to go? I'd be lying if I said I wasn't atleast a bit curious as to how the MDA defines "gun education and safety training for kids"...
Probably something along the lines of......

"Now children, don't ever touch one of these, it will 'go off' and kill people you love. In fact, it's best not to have them at all and get a police officer if you or your family needs help"
"I can see it's dangerous for you, but if the government trusts me, maybe you could."

NRA Lifetime Member

joe817

Post by joe817 »

I'm on our Nextdoor site quite often....almost daily. I haven't seen anything like that. Hope I never do, but if I do, I'll sure educate alllll of my Nextdoor neighbors about the pitfalls of showing even an inkling of curiosity. Thanks for the heads up Trey! :thumbs2:
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

RogueUSMC

Post by RogueUSMC »

I have never heard of this site...curious.
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

joe817

Post by joe817 »

RogueUSMC wrote:I have never heard of this site...curious.
"The private social network for your neighborhood"

https://nextdoor.com/

It's a local Facebook site for the folks in your and adjoining neighborhoods. It's really neat. On my Nextdoor page it's predominantly local/neighboorhood news, lost dog & found, garage sale notices, etc, etc, etc.
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

RHenriksen

Post by RHenriksen »

My neighborhood has a very active Facebook page. We've had a few ultra left, hand-wringing liberals on there; one was front & center distributing free 30.06 & 30.07 signs to merchants on the perimeter of the 'hood.

Thankfully, 98% of the neighbors seem very pro-gun and the MDA types you can pretty much count on one hand.
I'll quit carrying a gun when they make murder and armed robbery illegal

Houston Technology Consulting
soup-to-nuts IT infrastructure design, deployment, and support for SMBs

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

Go, and take some Eddie The Eagle pamphlets and videos to share! I'm sure they would appreciate the help educating kids.

Maybe bring some free gun locks from Project Child Safe too.

They'd love the help!
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

Return to “Anti-gun propaganda and other lies!”