Anti-Gunners Claim Women should allow themselves to be raped....

There is seemingly no end to the extent to which anti-gun people and groups will lie about guns and gun owners. Post links to articles by these masters of prevarication here.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
TexasTornado
Posts in topic: 5

Anti-Gunners Claim Women should allow themselves to be raped....

Post by TexasTornado »

Reading Armed by Gary Kleck for school and thought I'd share a few statements courtesy of our anti friends that suggest, imply, and outright decree that women should not protect themselves from rape and even murder...

"...feminist icon Betty Friedan to the trend of women buying firearms for defense against rape and murder. Friedan denounces this trend as a 'horrifying, obscene, perversion of feminism,' asserting 'that lethal violence even in self-defense only engenders more violence and that gun control should override any personal need for safety.'"

Reverend Allen Brockway "solemnly advises women that their Christian duty is to submit to rape rather than do anything that might imperil a rapist's life. Rhetorically posing the question as 'Is the Robber My Brother?'"

"Rev. Brockway seems to concede that a woman may shoot a rapist if she knows for a certainty that he will kill her. But another NCBH affiliate, the Presbyterian Church (USA), disagrees. Its official position is that handguns should be banned because a victim may not take an attacker's life under any circumstance, even if she knows he will kill her after the rape."

There you have it folks, all of that within 4 pages. And they say we're the crazy ones?
"I can see it's dangerous for you, but if the government trusts me, maybe you could."

NRA Lifetime Member

JerryK
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Women should allow themselves to be raped....

Post by JerryK »

The last time this was brought up, the person (Clayton Williams 1990) was run out of the gubernatorial election on a rail and the same should happen here!!!

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

As a husband and father with daughters, it makes me fume to consider that these maggots live and breathe the same air as we do.

But then I remember that God is in control. That, and Mr. Gaston's invention that rides with us everywhere.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

JerryK wrote:The last time this was brought up, the person (Clayton Williams 1990) was run out of the gubernatorial election on a rail and the same should happen here!!!
He made an ill-advised joke in what he thought was a private setting. These people are serious.

Chas.

Sport Coach

Re: Anti-Gunners Claim Women should allow themselves to be raped....

Post by Sport Coach »

It's hard to imagine anyone saying a woman should not be able to defend herself for any reason but especially rape. I've recommended Paxton Quigley's book, "Armed and Female" to many woman because the author didn't think she needed a gun until she was mugged. Then the light went on and she became an advocate of appropriate self-defense measures - being armed.
“Hope is an expensive commodity. It makes better sense to be prepared.” - Thucydides

Topic author
TexasTornado

Post by TexasTornado »

parabelum wrote:As a husband and father with daughters, it makes me fume to consider that these maggots live and breathe the same air as we do.

But then I remember that God is in control. That, and Mr. Gaston's invention that rides with us everywhere.
The book itself is written from a very neutral perspective but this section made me want to hurl it across the room. I was so frustrated. Especially from my perspective as a Psychology major and the rates of PTSD associated with rape victims. These people are not just suggesting that women be victimized once but for many of them over and over again for the rest of their lives. It's completely incogitable.
"I can see it's dangerous for you, but if the government trusts me, maybe you could."

NRA Lifetime Member

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

AndyC wrote:
TexasTornado wrote:Reverend Allen Brockway "solemnly advises women that their Christian duty is to submit to rape rather than do anything that might imperil a rapist's life. Rhetorically posing the question as 'Is the Robber My Brother?'"

"Rev. Brockway seems to concede that a woman may shoot a rapist if she knows for a certainty that he will kill her.
Wonder if the good Rev would feel the same way if HE were the one about to be brutally raped.... :roll:
Good point. What a deranged fool.

Surgeon

Post by Surgeon »

John Lott /The War On Guns is an excellent read and debunks all the Anti-gun arguments in a rational and logical fashion.
Basically liberals don't believe this nonsense should apply to them...just you. Thank you sir, may I have another?
The military arsenal we will use to fight a World War IV ..... "stones" - Einstein

Topic author
TexasTornado

Post by TexasTornado »

parabelum wrote:
AndyC wrote:
TexasTornado wrote:Reverend Allen Brockway "solemnly advises women that their Christian duty is to submit to rape rather than do anything that might imperil a rapist's life. Rhetorically posing the question as 'Is the Robber My Brother?'"

"Rev. Brockway seems to concede that a woman may shoot a rapist if she knows for a certainty that he will kill her.
Wonder if the good Rev would feel the same way if HE were the one about to be brutally raped.... :roll:
Good point. What a deranged fool.

*biting my tongue really really hard on this one*

NRA Lifetime Member

JerryK

Post by JerryK »

He made an ill-advised joke in what he thought was a private setting. These people are serious.
There is nothing 'off the record' when you are running for public office!!!

Papa_Tiger

Post by Papa_Tiger »

When testimony was being given before the Senate Committee on State Affairs for SB11 and SB17, Austin's Police Chief Art Acevedo testified that it would be preferable for a woman to submit to rape and then avail herself of the victim services offered by UT and APD rather than defend herself. To hear it in context from the Chief's mouth, watch here, starting at 4:23

The senator who leads the question is Senator Rodney Ellis D-Houston who obviously thinks the same way as the Chief.

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

TexasTornado wrote:Reading Armed by Gary Kleck for school and thought I'd share a few statements courtesy of our anti friends that suggest, imply, and outright decree that women should not protect themselves from rape and even murder...

"...feminist icon Betty Friedan to the trend of women buying firearms for defense against rape and murder. Friedan denounces this trend as a 'horrifying, obscene, perversion of feminism,' asserting 'that lethal violence even in self-defense only engenders more violence and that gun control should override any personal need for safety.'"

Reverend Allen Brockway "solemnly advises women that their Christian duty is to submit to rape rather than do anything that might imperil a rapist's life. Rhetorically posing the question as 'Is the Robber My Brother?'"

"Rev. Brockway seems to concede that a woman may shoot a rapist if she knows for a certainty that he will kill her. But another NCBH affiliate, the Presbyterian Church (USA), disagrees. Its official position is that handguns should be banned because a victim may not take an attacker's life under any circumstance, even if she knows he will kill her after the rape."

There you have it folks, all of that within 4 pages. And they say we're the crazy ones?
I suspect neither Friedan nor Brockway are in danger of being raped. :smilelol5:

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

TexasTornado wrote:Reading Armed by Gary Kleck for school and thought I'd share a few statements courtesy of our anti friends that suggest, imply, and outright decree that women should not protect themselves from rape and even murder...

It's amazing to me that anyone could even think like that. :banghead:
NRA Endowment Member

Return to “Anti-gun propaganda and other lies!”