Man with gun allowed to drive away alive in Charlotte

There is seemingly no end to the extent to which anti-gun people and groups will lie about guns and gun owners. Post links to articles by these masters of prevarication here.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
rp_photo
Posts in topic: 2

Man with gun allowed to drive away alive in Charlotte

Post by rp_photo »

Or so the twisted headline reads.

Seem like justified self-defense to me.

Have the idiots who wrote the article ever heard of Reginald Denny?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... lotte.html
CHL since 2/2011
Glock 26, S&W 442, Ruger SP101 .357 3",
S&W M&P 40, Remington 870 Express 12 ga 18"

parabelum
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Man with gun allowed to drive away alive in Charlotte

Post by parabelum »

Just saw this.

Yea, the animals are out of control. All this due to black police officer justifiably shooting piece of scum who pointed a gun towards him, while black police chief came out and disclosed details ensuring that these animals knew that this was justified.

Why are these animals not arrested? I would like to see mounted police crack skulls here, you wouldn't have this garbage going on. This nation better wake up, it'll get worse.

Where is the shrinking devil occupying our WH?

Topic author
rp_photo

Post by rp_photo »

One would think that in all the cities where this mayhem has occurred thus far, Charlotte would have the most armed citizens.

There was another such police shooting in Tulsa yet no riots. I think I know why that is.
CHL since 2/2011
Glock 26, S&W 442, Ruger SP101 .357 3",
S&W M&P 40, Remington 870 Express 12 ga 18"

mr1337
Posts in topic: 1

Post by mr1337 »

I would not have gotten out of the car if I were the driver. In fact, my windows would be up and doors locked.

Better yet, I would put my car in reverse and find another way. There's nothing good that can come out of driving through a protest.
Keep calm and carry.

Licensing (n.) - When government takes away your right to do something and sells it back to you.

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 4

Post by RoyGBiv »

I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

KD5NRH

Post by KD5NRH »

parabelum wrote:Why are these animals not arrested? I would like to see mounted police crack skulls here, you wouldn't have this garbage going on.
This. They'll use the "round 'em all up and sort 'em at our leisure" tactic on the Waco bikers, but not on rioters that are looting and burning property, threatening bystanders, etc.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

rp_photo wrote:One would think that in all the cities where this mayhem has occurred thus far, Charlotte would have the most armed citizens.

There was another such police shooting in Tulsa yet no riots. I think I know why that is.
And the Tulsa shooting leaves much to be desired by way of explanation. The victim was no choir boy, but he hadn't been in prison for the past 9 years either.....and the video seems to make it pretty clear that the shooting was unjustified. Even the police department seems to think, at least for now, that it was a sketchy shooting, and the officer has been suspended. IF there was going to be any rioting, on the surface the Tulsa shooting would seem to be a case where citizen anger would be completely justified, even if rioting is not.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
rp_photo wrote:One would think that in all the cities where this mayhem has occurred thus far, Charlotte would have the most armed citizens.

And the Tulsa shooting leaves much to be desired by way of explanation. The victim was no choir boy, but he hadn't been in prison for the past 9 years either.....and the video seems to make it pretty clear that the shooting was unjustified. Even the police department seems to think, at least for now, that it was a sketchy shooting, and the officer has been suspended. IF there was going to be any rioting, on the surface the Tulsa shooting would seem to be a case where citizen anger would be completely justified, even if rioting is not.
Yes I was kind of surprised Charlotte was where the protests were instead of Tulsa. I grew up there, and I always thought for a Southern city they were fairly racially harmonious, but I'm a pale guy, so what do I know.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

ScottDLS wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:

Yes I was kind of surprised Charlotte was where the protests were instead of Tulsa. I grew up there, and I always thought for a Southern city they were fairly racially harmonious, but I'm a pale guy, so what do I know.
Charlotte is only 6 to 8 hr drive from Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Washington, or Philadelphia. What you wanna bet that many of the looters and thugs came in from out of town just seeing an opportunity. Tulsa is a lot further drive from the northeastern cities.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

jb2012

Post by jb2012 »

parabelum wrote:
Why are these animals not arrested? I would like to see mounted police crack skulls here, you wouldn't have this garbage going on. This nation better wake up, it'll get worse.
I agree 100%. Every time we let this go on without harsh punishment for all actors involved, we enable it to happen again. and again. and again.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

The Annoyed Man wrote:and the video seems to make it pretty clear that the shooting was unjustified.
I'll agree with you on everything except that bit... I didn't see anything conclusive in the video. Maybe there's a clearer video I haven't seen yet?? If the guy reached in through the window (hard to tell in the video I've seen) after being told repeatedly to stop moving, then it was his own fault he got shot. And what was lying on the ground next to his right foot after he went down? Gun? Shoe? Looks like that drivers window is open (no glare).

Warning... Graphic images linked instead of embedded.....

http://media1.s-nbcnews.com/j/newscms/2 ... 00-480.jpg

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_ ... 1-0919.jpg
Last edited by RoyGBiv on Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.

KD5NRH

Post by KD5NRH »

RoyGBiv wrote:If the guy reached in through the window (hard to tell in the video I've seen) after being told repeatedly to stop moving, then it was his own fault he got shot. And what was lying on the ground next to his right foot after he went down? Gun? Shoe? Looks like that drivers window is open (no glare).
Look again; in the second still you can clearly see the blood trail down the door starts on the window.

Which also raises the question of whether he actually "reached" at all before being shot, or if they're claiming that trying to support himself on the car after being shot was "reaching for something."

Either way, if you're on target with a finger on the trigger, well out of Tueller drill range, you can afford to wait until there's at least something visible that could be a weapon. You can't just go around assuming everyone you meet is Angry Zombie Bob Munden or you might as well shoot anybody who gets within 50 yards of you.

vjallen75

Post by vjallen75 »

RoyGBiv wrote:I'll agree with you on everything except that bit... I didn't see anything conclusive in the video. Maybe there's a clearer video I haven't seen yet?? If the guy reached in through the window (hard to tell in the video I've seen) after being told repeatedly to stop moving, then it was his own fault he got shot. And what was lying on the ground next to his right foot after he went down? Gun? Shoe? Looks like that drivers window is open (no glare).

Warning... Graphic images linked instead of embedded.....

http://media1.s-nbcnews.com/j/newscms/2 ... 00-480.jpg

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_ ... 1-0919.jpg
Hard to tell from those pictures, I saw one on my facebook that looked as though the window was up. Someone else posted a video of why LEOs don't allow you back into your vehicle once you get out. The guy who was pulled over pulled, what looked to be an AK, out of his vehicle and gunned down the officer. Very graphic video
Vence
NRA Member, EDC: FNS-9mm
I have contact my state rep., Jonathan Stickland, about supporting HB 560. Fine out who represents you, here.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

KD5NRH wrote:Look again; in the second still you can clearly see the blood trail down the door starts on the window.
I missed that completely... Thanks for pointing it out.
I assumed the window differences were open/closed but it seems now that it's due to tinted/not tinted.

Thanks.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

vjallen75 wrote:Hard to tell from those pictures, I saw one on my facebook that looked as though the window was up. Someone else posted a video of why LEOs don't allow you back into your vehicle once you get out. The guy who was pulled over pulled, what looked to be an AK, out of his vehicle and gunned down the officer. Very graphic video
It was an M1 Carbine.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Kyle_Dinkheller

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6z8q4lOrDU

I didn't embed the video because there is a lot of screaming, and then the sounds of a dying officer.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “Anti-gun propaganda and other lies!”