The Right to Arms and the War on Guns

There is seemingly no end to the extent to which anti-gun people and groups will lie about guns and gun owners. Post links to articles by these masters of prevarication here.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
mojo84
Posts in topic: 2

The Right to Arms and the War on Guns

Post by mojo84 »

Some excellent pro-gun speakers including Lott, Clarke and Lund. You can listen online here.

http://www.heritage.org/events/2016/10/war-on-guns
Ever since the Supreme Court declared, by a slim majority, that “the right of the people to keep and bear Arms” is an individual right that is protected from infringement by the Second Amendment, the scope of that right has remained unclear. Moreover, with the passing of Justice Antonin Scalia, author of the majority opinion in the landmark Second Amendment case, District of Columbia v. Heller, this right appears to be on shaky ground. And each new violent incident involving a firearm invariably leads to more demands for stricter gun control laws. Are gun control measures effective at preventing violence or do they end up doing more harm than good? Are gun control restrictions constitutional? What did our Founding Fathers think about the right to keep and bear arms and what role does or should the Second Amendment play in today’s society? Please join us as these distinguished experts discuss these and other issues surrounding one of today’s most important and contentious issues.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Jeff B.
Posts in topic: 1

Re: The Right to Arms and the War on Guns

Post by Jeff B. »

It doesn't matter what "they' think. We retain our rights until we relinquish them.

Jeff B.
Don’t ever let someone get away with telling you that no one wants to take your guns. - Joe Huffman

Topic author
mojo84
Posts in topic: 2

Re: The Right to Arms and the War on Guns

Post by mojo84 »

Jeff B. wrote:It doesn't matter what "they' think. We retain our rights until we relinquish them.

Jeff B.
:headscratch. What's your point and what does your comment have to do with some top pro 2nd Amendment advocates speaking?
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Return to “Anti-gun propaganda and other lies!”