Anti-Gun Groups Partnering with TV Shows

There is seemingly no end to the extent to which anti-gun people and groups will lie about guns and gun owners. Post links to articles by these masters of prevarication here.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
SQLGeek
Posts in topic: 5

Anti-Gun Groups Partnering with TV Shows

Post by SQLGeek »

My wife and I have been watching Designated Survivor on ABC on a weekly basis. It's been a pretty decent show starring Kiefer Sutherland. It started out strong with a plot that some might consider a plagiarism of Tom Clancy. I found the show quite engaging the first several weeks. It's had it's normal-for-Hollywood leftist bent which has been tolerable but the last two weeks have been a straight out PSA for the anti-gun lobby with the usual talking points and flat out lies about "universal background checks".

I did a little research and sure enough, the Brady Campaign is actually collaborating with the show writers on this. Yes, my friends, they are actually admitting to using the TV show as propaganda. As it turns out, the same was done with Everytown For Gungrabbing...err I mean Safety... and the Netflix show House of Cards.

As for me, I'm done with Designated Survivor. I can tolerate liberal talking points, I can't tolerate being knowingly exposed to intentional propaganda that is contrary to my values.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/ ... l-message/
Psalm 91:2

AJSully421
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Anti-Gun Groups Partnering with TV Shows

Post by AJSully421 »

This is their stated goal. About 10 years ago, a tactics paper was leaked where they identified using the media to make owning a gun a taboo by using social pressure.

It has been a stunning failure... like everything else that the looney left tries to do.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

30.06 signs only make criminals and terrorists safer.

NRA, LTC, School Safety, Armed Security, & Body Guard Instructor

sjfcontrol
Posts in topic: 3

Post by sjfcontrol »

I had exactly the same reaction. I was (extremely irritated) with the first gun control episode. The second one jumped the shark for me. I won't be watching it ever again. I even logged onto abc.com and strongly complained about the show. I also complained About what they've done to Jack Bower.
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

Topic author
SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

AJSully421 wrote: It has been a stunning failure... like everything else that the looney left tries to do.
They're too locked up in their bubble to realize how many of their viewers in the audience don't want to be preached at in this manner. I wonder though if the persistence will eventually pay off?

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

Y'all should let them know thru their website feedback.
Never Forget. Image

Topic author
SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

sjfcontrol wrote:I had exactly the same reaction. I was (extremely irritated) with the first gun control episode. The second one jumped the shark for me. I won't be watching it ever again. I even logged onto abc.com and strongly complained about the show. I also complained About what they've done to Jack Bower.
It's also becoming clear that this is yet another show tapping into the evvvvvilll corporation meme that has been so popular the last 15-20 years. It's becoming quite predictable. I bet we could write the remainder of the script for the season and it'd be pretty close to how it will play out. Oh well, I won't even know.

I am curious to see where their ratings head the remainder of this season. Two wholly self-righteous episodes followed by a quickly degrading plot? Doesn't sound too promising to me although I've read some about Netflix pumping a lot of money into this series so it may stick around well past its shelf life.

Mxrdad

Post by Mxrdad »

I do all I can to avoid the MSM. There were very few shows I watched on MSM and now I make an effort to avoid watching any shows on MSM to do my small part of viewership/ratings. I also avoid clicking any links posted regarding any articles from CNN etc. It used to be so simple in the good ol days!
Just some guy's opinion.

Topic author
SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

sjfcontrol wrote:Y'all should let them know thru their website feedback.
If I thought any of those ideologues actually cared, I would. Money talks but they knew what they were doing. I'll just let my lack of viewership speak for me.
I do all I can to avoid the MSM. There were very few shows I watched on MSM and now I make an effort to avoid watching any shows on MSM to do my small part of viewership/ratings. I also avoid clicking any links posted regarding any articles from CNN etc. It used to be so simple in the good ol days!
I watch very little TV these days, especially network shows. The networks have been putting out some truly awful television for a while now. This just served as further confirmation in my mind.

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

SQLGeek wrote:
sjfcontrol wrote:Y'all should let them know thru their website feedback.
If I thought any of those ideologues actually cared, I would. Money talks but they knew what they were doing. I'll just let my lack of viewership speak for me.
I watch very little TV these days, especially network shows. The networks have been putting out some truly awful television for a while now. This just served as further confirmation in my mind.
And they'll know this... how?
Never Forget. Image

Topic author
SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

We watch through the ABC app on our Apple TV which means they're gathering metrics on everybody that watches.

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

SQLGeek wrote:
AJSully421 wrote: It has been a stunning failure... like everything else that the looney left tries to do.
They're too locked up in their bubble to realize how many of their viewers in the audience don't want to be preached at in this manner. I wonder though if the persistence will eventually pay off?

I don't think so. I believe that people are beginning to wake up to the lies spewed by Bloomberg, Soros etc.. The last election told a huge story, State legislation, in nearly all but the most left leaning states, shows that more are taking back gun rights, along with many of the other rights that have been denied.

There will always be the echo chamber liberals who will cling to the rhetoric, but their voices are being squelched. Young people are even coming around, but we do have to remain vigilant. My son already picks out the misinformation on many shows we watch, and he has had to correct several of his peers when they start talking like the MSM.

The problem is that MSM along with Hollywood liberals, refuse to wake up and see the truth. They still cling to the talking points for gun control, because that is all they are exposed to. Their audience is shrinking, but they continue to quote each other, so it never stops.

The way we combat this type of media indoctrination, is to target the advertisers. Producers, directors,and actors are only useful, if they can get sponsorship. If enough people refuse to buy goods and services from advertisers, of shows like these, they will eventually cease to exist. JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

sjfcontrol wrote:I had exactly the same reaction. I was (extremely irritated) with the first gun control episode. The second one jumped the shark for me. I won't be watching it ever again. I even logged onto abc.com and strongly complained about the show. I also complained About what they've done to Jack Bower.
ABC--All By Clinton. Every MSM station now swings from the left side
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Return to “Anti-gun propaganda and other lies!”