Gun control will keep criminals from getting guns??

There is seemingly no end to the extent to which anti-gun people and groups will lie about guns and gun owners. Post links to articles by these masters of prevarication here.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
stever1950
Posts in topic: 2

Gun control will keep criminals from getting guns??

Post by stever1950 »

I just found a very interesting report from channel 13 Houston.
http://abc13.com/news/answers-from-insi ... s/1575958/
Only one of the killers convicted over the last three years in Texas got a gun from a dealer!
"Resistance to sudden violence, for the preservation not only of my person, my limbs, and life, but of my property, is an indisputable right of nature which I have never surrendered to the public by the compact of society, and which perhaps, I could not surrender if I would." John Adams

Jeff B.
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Gun control will keep criminals from getting guns??

Post by Jeff B. »

I think I've seen that one before. Still, useful data. Overall, it confirms what we know, that gun control only prevents those who would legally own guns from obtaining them.

Look at Chi-congo. Certainly amongst the strictest gun (anti) laws in the nation and it's like Baghdad, Mogadishu, Beirut or Kabul on a week in week out basis. IIR, they recently passed 239 murders by firearms for this year.

Jeff B.
Don’t ever let someone get away with telling you that no one wants to take your guns. - Joe Huffman

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

How many of those shooters are NRA members and /or have an Ill. equivalent LTC?

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

Abraham wrote:How many of those shooters are NRA members and /or have an Ill. equivalent LTC?
It sais 0% had a CHL in the article

What shocked me was felon with a gun charge ONLY added an average of 2 months to their conviction.
Last edited by TreyHouston on Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Sport Coach

Post by Sport Coach »

It's sometimes exhausting to tell anti gun people that more laws will absolutely not affect the criminals. By definition criminals don't abide by laws. I just don't see how hard that concept is for so many people.
“Hope is an expensive commodity. It makes better sense to be prepared.” - Thucydides

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Sport Coach

They're the same herd that thinks 30.06 signs prevent criminals from carrying (and using) into their places of business.

At this point, I don't believe they're naive, they're simply living in a world of make believe...it's comforting.

Those liberals who no longer buy into this herd-think mentality have been touched by violent crime and know better.

Of course, since they've had their lived impacted by criminals they're no longer liberals...

When hard core violence smashes one of them in the face, their buying into make believe suddenly disappears...

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Sport Coach wrote:It's sometimes exhausting to tell anti gun people that more laws will absolutely not affect the criminals. By definition criminals don't abide by laws. I just don't see how hard that concept is for so many people.
Because most on the left side of many topics simply lack the common sense thinking gene. Or they have been so deeply indoctrinated that their agenda trumps every piece of data or logical and reasonable thought anyone else has.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

JakeTheSnake

Post by JakeTheSnake »

It's because they actually think we, as Licensed carriers, are as dangerous as criminals. In a recent conversation about a business posting .06 & .07, one lady stated, "good, then I don't have to worry about someone and their Zimmerman-ish antics".
They believe if all guns are removed from society, then all their dreams will come true.
Gun Control has nothing to do with guns, it has to do with control.

ELB

Post by ELB »

Yumpin' yiminy, one of the stats in that article is that 11% of the murderers surveyed used a "40mm" gun. Those guys must have been from North Korea, I heard they like to use anti-aircraft guns to snuff people.... :roll:

The article has a link to some of the responses, and one of the responders actually wrote "40mm" as answer to the type of handgun used. His answer apparently went unedited right into a graphic for the article.

Also I note that the survey used, sent out in July 2016 to convicted murderers incarcerated within a three-hour drive of Houston, asked if the respondent had a "Concealed Carry Permit." (100% of respondents answered no.)

Layers and layers of editors and fact checkers, I'll bet.
USAF 1982-2005

Topic author
stever1950

Post by stever1950 »

Now the English are going to have to ban knives too. If a few of those people in London had been able to carry and use their guns there would have been far fewer deaths/injuries from those attacks. What's next, ban the bow and arrow, rocks?
"Resistance to sudden violence, for the preservation not only of my person, my limbs, and life, but of my property, is an indisputable right of nature which I have never surrendered to the public by the compact of society, and which perhaps, I could not surrender if I would." John Adams

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

I am sure things have changed since the report is 5 months old. (intended sarcasm)
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Return to “Anti-gun propaganda and other lies!”