Strictest gun control

There is seemingly no end to the extent to which anti-gun people and groups will lie about guns and gun owners. Post links to articles by these masters of prevarication here.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
stever1950
Posts in topic: 1

Strictest gun control

Post by stever1950 »

I was reading Quoura and the question came up.. What country has the strictest gun control..
This is the exact reason we do not want any..

"However, according to The Worldwide Gun Owners Guide, as of 2011 the most restrictive country in the world is Vietnam. Private ownership of any type of firearm or ammunition is completely illegal. People can be arrested and detained for up to one month without being charged if police suspect any involvement with guns.

This is due to what happened when the NVA decided to invade and take over South Vietnam. The South Vietnamese citizens were heavily armed back then and put up a tough fight for the government that was trying to invade their country. The North Vietnamese won that battle and now they prohibit citizens from having guns because an unarmed population is much easier to control. "

Isn't that what it is all about?
"Resistance to sudden violence, for the preservation not only of my person, my limbs, and life, but of my property, is an indisputable right of nature which I have never surrendered to the public by the compact of society, and which perhaps, I could not surrender if I would." John Adams

bbhack
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Strictest gun control

Post by bbhack »

Maybe the more interesting question is what ostensibly "free" nations restrict effective self defense the most. Then the problem becomes justifying the term "free".
Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

stever1950 wrote:I was reading Quoura and the question came up.. What country has the strictest gun control..
This is the exact reason we do not want any..

"However, according to The Worldwide Gun Owners Guide, as of 2011 the most restrictive country in the world is Vietnam. Private ownership of any type of firearm or ammunition is completely illegal. People can be arrested and detained for up to one month without being charged if police suspect any involvement with guns.

This is due to what happened when the NVA decided to invade and take over South Vietnam. The South Vietnamese citizens were heavily armed back then and put up a tough fight for the government that was trying to invade their country. The North Vietnamese won that battle and now they prohibit citizens from having guns because an unarmed population is much easier to control. "

Isn't that what it is all about?
Un-armed population is easy to suppress and squash like a bug. Case study: Syria 1970-2011
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

Gun Control is never about guns, always about control!

You can't subjugate an armed populace!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

crazy2medic wrote:Gun Control is never about guns, always about control!

You can't subjugate an armed populace!
That's exactly right.
Suzanna Gratia Hupp wrote:How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

equin

Post by equin »

I don't think Mexico is the strictest country, but I know it has very strict gun control laws. As a result, an unarmed populace has recently faced years of increased robbery, extortion, kidnapping, torture, disapparances and murder at the hands of armed criminals, many of whom are empowered by the growing wealth of drug cartels, who find them easy pickings.
Ed

bbhack
Posts in topic: 2

Post by bbhack »

equin wrote:I don't think Mexico is the strictest country, but I know it has very strict gun control laws. As a result, an unarmed populace has recently faced years of increased robbery, extortion, kidnapping, torture, disapparances and murder at the hands of armed criminals, many of whom are empowered by the growing wealth of drug cartels, who find them easy pickings.
Not a Mexico expert at all, but I do know that it's a very racist and classist society. The point? Extreme gun control enforcement is not uniform across the classes. How does the new narco state affect the traditional ruling class? I do not know.
Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

equin wrote:I don't think Mexico is the strictest country, but I know it has very strict gun control laws. As a result, an unarmed populace has recently faced years of increased robbery, extortion, kidnapping, torture, disapparances and murder at the hands of armed criminals, many of whom are empowered by the growing wealth of drug cartels, who find them easy pickings.
If you replaced the word "Mexico" with "Chicago", your statement would be almost as accurate. I'm not aware of too many disappearances in Chicago but there may be some. In both, the environment seems similar. The power structure has worked overtime to disarm the population but cannot (or will not) disarm the criminals. Occasionally, there is a high profile attempt to show efforts at crime control but the day to day activities do not reflect any desire to sustain such an effort.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Return to “Anti-gun propaganda and other lies!”