Are White Gun Owners Protecting the Second Amendment or Their Racial Interest?

There is seemingly no end to the extent to which anti-gun people and groups will lie about guns and gun owners. Post links to articles by these masters of prevarication here.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Flightmare
Posts in topic: 1

Are White Gun Owners Protecting the Second Amendment or Their Racial Interest?

Post by Flightmare »

http://atlantablackstar.com/2017/07/09/ ... -interest/

I read this and was just dumbfounded that a person could have this mindset.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

K.Mooneyham
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Are White Gun Owners Protecting the Second Amendment or Their Racial Interest?

Post by K.Mooneyham »

Right now, the tide is running against the political left/Democrat Party regarding gun control. So, they try to use any little tactic or stunt they think will garner them some support. Pretty crude tactic, of course.

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Are White Gun Owners Protecting the Second Amendment or Their Racial Interest?

Post by bblhd672 »

Ignorance is bliss for most journalists and opinion writers
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Implied facepalm.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

AndyC wrote:Funny, I don't see anything stopping blacks from owning guns. If they don't WANT to own them, how is that a white thing?

I think the writer's implication was, that even if blacks, legally own guns, they will be targeted. All based on the one incident in Minnesota, and the shooting of an off duty officer. He really had no valid points, but wanted to paint the NRA as racist, when all evidence points to the contrary. It was just another piece espousing victimhood, based on race.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

Isn't it amazing how Mr. Colin Noir is completely overlooked.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Pariah3j

Post by Pariah3j »

So much fail in one article. Either the guy who wrote the article is genuinely a racist. Or the article is disingenuous and it's just race-baiting.

I don't like to sit in an echo chamber, and I don't mind having a thoughtful discord or even hearing genuine arguments from people who don't line up with me politically or otherwise. But that article was so disgusting I didn't even finish it.

There are conspiracy theories about not going to the Moon that string together more logic and thought then that article.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny" - Thomas Jefferson

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

The author of that article wasn't offering an opinion, but a blatant lie. Claiming that the NRA wants to "increase weapon ownership for protection against Blacks" is a lie. That makes him a liar with no credibility whatsoever. He's preaching to the lunatic fringe. They will cheer him on while rational people of all colors will shake their heads at his garbage.

Chas.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:The author of that article wasn't offering an opinion, but a blatant lie. Claiming that the NRA wants to "increase weapon ownership for protection against Blacks" is a lie. That makes him a liar with no credibility whatsoever. He's preaching to the lunatic fringe. They will cheer him on while rational people of all colors will shake their heads at his garbage.

Chas.
I'm not sure that the lunatics are on the fringe anymore. Seems to be quite a large vocal bunch, of all colors, repeating the same lies.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

chasfm11 wrote:Isn't it amazing how Mr. Colin Noir is completely overlooked.
Mr. Noir is just dismissed as an "Uncle Tom" because he is an independent thinker and doesn't toe the line of the agenda.

apostate

Post by apostate »

Their website says, "Atlanta Black Star is a narrative company. We publish narratives intentionally and specifically to enlighten and transform the world."

At least they're honest about their lack of objectivity.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

AndyC wrote:Funny, I don't see anything stopping blacks from owning guns. If they don't WANT to own them, how is that a racial thing?
You're right about that, Andy. This article is full on misinformation and downright lies. Many prohibitive gun laws were written for the very purpose of keeping them out of the hands of blacks. Very sad situation for the officers involved.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

puma guy wrote:
AndyC wrote:Funny, I don't see anything stopping blacks from owning guns. If they don't WANT to own them, how is that a racial thing?
You're right about that, Andy. This article is full on misinformation and downright lies. Many prohibitive gun laws were written for the very purpose of keeping them out of the hands of blacks. Very sad situation for the officers involved.
Correction.... It is full of narrative. It's not polite to call them lies anymore..... unless the narrative comes from either the right, or whites. Then it's perfectly OK.

I notice that the author completely failed to mention that the officer who shot Philandro Castillo was Hispanic...which according to the left is different from white....unless it is inconvenient to their narrative, in which case Hispanic and white are the same thing. Funny....I don't feel Hispanic....
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Funny....I don't feel Hispanic....
Hombre Molesto?

Return to “Anti-gun propaganda and other lies!”