College Professor Freaks Out

There is seemingly no end to the extent to which anti-gun people and groups will lie about guns and gun owners. Post links to articles by these masters of prevarication here.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
OneGun
Posts in topic: 2

College Professor Freaks Out

Post by OneGun »

Saw this on Fox News: Does he think that he is safer outside of the classroom?
“It definitely makes me feel uneasy that there are more firearms on campus than there should be,” Smith told mySA.com. “[Dressing this way] was just a statement on how I felt.”

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/08/08/co ... y-law.html
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

Pawpaw

Re: College Professor Freaks Out

Post by Pawpaw »

Logic is obviously not one of his strong suits:
I realize students were carrying guns on campus illegally, but now it’s legal to do so. It increases the chances of something happening,” said Smith, who also acknowledged that no one had pulled a gun on him in his 10 years at the college.

Used to, when they got mad at me, they had to go home to get the gun and had time to cool off. Now they will have it with them,” he added.
Apparently he can't string two thoughts together and draw an intelligent conclusion.

I think he should be fired. He's there to teach geography, not to make a political statement.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Post by The Annoyed Man »

"More firearms than there should be"..... Well professor, exactly how many should there be, and lets see if we can't get campus security to reduce their inventory until we've reached the correct number.

See what I did there?
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

Is he related to the reporter who got PTSD from shooting an AR?

mloamiller

Post by mloamiller »

Doesn't he also sell cheap auto insurance? Maybe teaching is just his side gig; if so, he should probably stick to insurance.
LTC/SSC Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor, RSO

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

mloamiller wrote:Doesn't he also sell cheap auto insurance? Maybe teaching is just his side gig; if so, he should probably stick to insurance.
I can't believe that he teaches geography. He does not appear to be able to find his butt with both hands.
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Topic author
OneGun

Post by OneGun »

Bitter Clinger wrote:
mloamiller wrote:Doesn't he also sell cheap auto insurance? Maybe teaching is just his side gig; if so, he should probably stick to insurance.
I can't believe that he teaches geography. He does not appear to be able to find his butt with both hands.
He suffers from a well documented condition known as cranial-rectal inversion syndrome. There is no cure or treatment. "rlol"
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

Pawpaw wrote:Logic is obviously not one of his strong suits:
I realize students were carrying guns on campus illegally, but now it’s legal to do so. It increases the chances of something happening,” said Smith, who also acknowledged that no one had pulled a gun on him in his 10 years at the college.

Used to, when they got mad at me, they had to go home to get the gun and had time to cool off. Now they will have it with them,” he added.
Apparently he can't string two thoughts together and draw an intelligent conclusion.

I think he should be fired. He's there to teach geography, not to make a political statement.
He teaches geography and angers his students SO OFTEN that they want to go home and get a GUN????? ...and the students are the problem...???? We really need a facepalm emoji!!!!!

(Yes. I did edit this 'cause im an idiot and said geography was MATH..... DOH!!!)
Last edited by TreyHouston on Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

What did he wear when there were "illegal" guns? Does he really believe, someone wanting to shoot him, would "have time to cool off"? How controversial is his curriculum? Geography, hasn't changed much in the past 10 years, rivers are still in the same general locations. Oceans haven't eroded that many shores. Continental drift has only moved land masses, approximately 10 inches in that time. None of those things, make me want to shoot anyone, maybe his students are just more easily upset.
:smilelol5:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Pawpaw wrote:Logic is obviously not one of his strong suits:

:iagree:
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

J.R.@A&M

Post by J.R.@A&M »

“My assumption is that you will have more people carrying guns – that will lead to problems. It always has,” he said.

I really hope he does not teach either statistics or logic.
“Always liked me a sidearm with some heft.” Boss Spearman in Open Range.

J.R.@A&M

Post by J.R.@A&M »

And as a public figure, of sorts, he is really ignorant about how to fly under the radar to stay safely un-noticed.
“Always liked me a sidearm with some heft.” Boss Spearman in Open Range.

Syntyr

Post by Syntyr »

Piker! He needs to build this at the front of the classroom!

Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

And this idiot is a prof? What in the heck is he teaching our kids? He must be an old hippie with a grudge. :banghead:
Do what you say you're gonna do.

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

Lynyrd wrote:And this idiot is a prof? What in the heck is he teaching our kids? He must be an old hippie with a grudge. :banghead:
He is no different than many other younger professors. The head of the statistics department at UT Arlington was asked to lead a public forum on campus carry before the bill didn't pass the first time. He spent an hour harranging the students who attended that session about the evils of guns on campus while claiming that he had (at the time) a CHL. And then there was the sociology professor at Texas Women's University who wrote the artice for Time magazine two years ago. She claimed that she was going to have to give all of her students As because she was so terrified that one of them would shoot her with the soon-to-be legal guns in her classroom.

I suspect that professors do have some unpleasant discussions with students over grades. But extrapolating those ugly discussions to all students is one step worse than convicting all gun owners for the problems with the criminals who carry guns. It might be fun to engage the good professor in a discussion about why he feels unsafe. I suspect that his Elitism would jump out in less than two minutes of that conversation.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Return to “Anti-gun propaganda and other lies!”