College Professor Freaks Out

There is seemingly no end to the extent to which anti-gun people and groups will lie about guns and gun owners. Post links to articles by these masters of prevarication here.

Moderator: carlson1


Topic author
OneGun
Member
Posts: 157
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:22 am
Location: Houston

College Professor Freaks Out

Postby OneGun » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:08 pm

Saw this on Fox News: Does he think that he is safer outside of the classroom?

“It definitely makes me feel uneasy that there are more firearms on campus than there should be,” Smith told mySA.com. “[Dressing this way] was just a statement on how I felt.”



http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/08/08/college-professor-wears-combat-gear-to-protest-texas-campus-carry-law.html
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

User avatar

Pawpaw
Senior Member
Posts: 5315
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:16 am
Location: Hunt County

Re: College Professor Freaks Out

Postby Pawpaw » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:29 pm

Logic is obviously not one of his strong suits:

I realize students were carrying guns on campus illegally, but now it’s legal to do so. It increases the chances of something happening,” said Smith, who also acknowledged that no one had pulled a gun on him in his 10 years at the college.

Used to, when they got mad at me, they had to go home to get the gun and had time to cool off. Now they will have it with them,” he added.

Apparently he can't string two thoughts together and draw an intelligent conclusion.

I think he should be fired. He's there to teach geography, not to make a political statement.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member

User avatar

The Annoyed Man
Senior Member
Posts: 22670
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:59 pm
Location: Grapevine, Texas
Contact:

Re: College Professor Freaks Out

Postby The Annoyed Man » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:35 pm

"More firearms than there should be"..... Well professor, exactly how many should there be, and lets see if we can't get campus security to reduce their inventory until we've reached the correct number.

See what I did there?
"Give me Liberty, or I'll get up and get it myself."—Hookalakah Meshobbab
"I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes."—The Annoyed Boy
"Id aegre et in omnibus semper."—Quod Homo Aegre


cmgee67
Senior Member
Posts: 809
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:45 pm

Re: College Professor Freaks Out

Postby cmgee67 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:38 pm

Is he related to the reporter who got PTSD from shooting an AR?
I Am Freedoms Safest Place :txflag:

User avatar

mloamiller
Senior Member
Posts: 369
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:49 pm
Location: Grand Prairie, TX

Re: College Professor Freaks Out

Postby mloamiller » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:55 pm

Doesn't he also sell cheap auto insurance? Maybe teaching is just his side gig; if so, he should probably stick to insurance.
LTC Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor, RSO
IDPA SO

User avatar

Bitter Clinger
Senior Member
Posts: 1580
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:16 pm
Location: North Dallas

Re: College Professor Freaks Out

Postby Bitter Clinger » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:16 pm

mloamiller wrote:Doesn't he also sell cheap auto insurance? Maybe teaching is just his side gig; if so, he should probably stick to insurance.


I can't believe that he teaches geography. He does not appear to be able to find his butt with both hands.
"You may all go to Chicago, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח


Topic author
OneGun
Member
Posts: 157
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:22 am
Location: Houston

Re: College Professor Freaks Out

Postby OneGun » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:21 pm

Bitter Clinger wrote:
mloamiller wrote:Doesn't he also sell cheap auto insurance? Maybe teaching is just his side gig; if so, he should probably stick to insurance.


I can't believe that he teaches geography. He does not appear to be able to find his butt with both hands.


He suffers from a well documented condition known as cranial-rectal inversion syndrome. There is no cure or treatment. "rlol"
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!


TreyHouston
Senior Member
Posts: 906
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:00 pm
Location: Tomball

Re: College Professor Freaks Out

Postby TreyHouston » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:43 pm

Pawpaw wrote:Logic is obviously not one of his strong suits:

I realize students were carrying guns on campus illegally, but now it’s legal to do so. It increases the chances of something happening,” said Smith, who also acknowledged that no one had pulled a gun on him in his 10 years at the college.

Used to, when they got mad at me, they had to go home to get the gun and had time to cool off. Now they will have it with them,” he added.

Apparently he can't string two thoughts together and draw an intelligent conclusion.

I think he should be fired. He's there to teach geography, not to make a political statement.


He teaches geography and angers his students SO OFTEN that they want to go home and get a GUN????? ...and the students are the problem...???? We really need a facepalm emoji!!!!!

(Yes. I did edit this 'cause im an idiot and said geography was MATH..... DOH!!!)
Last edited by TreyHouston on Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

User avatar

Jusme
Senior Member
Posts: 3780
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:23 pm
Location: Johnson County, Texas

Re: College Professor Freaks Out

Postby Jusme » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:59 pm

What did he wear when there were "illegal" guns? Does he really believe, someone wanting to shoot him, would "have time to cool off"? How controversial is his curriculum? Geography, hasn't changed much in the past 10 years, rivers are still in the same general locations. Oceans haven't eroded that many shores. Continental drift has only moved land masses, approximately 10 inches in that time. None of those things, make me want to shoot anyone, maybe his students are just more easily upset.
:smilelol5:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

User avatar

puma guy
Senior Member
Posts: 4932
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:23 pm
Location: Near San Jacinto

Re: College Professor Freaks Out

Postby puma guy » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:12 pm

Pawpaw wrote:Logic is obviously not one of his strong suits:

I realize students were carrying guns on campus illegally, but now it’s legal to do so. It increases the chances of something happening,” said Smith, who also acknowledged that no one had pulled a gun on him in his 10 years at the college.

Used to, when they got mad at me, they had to go home to get the gun and had time to cool off. Now they will have it with them,” he added.

Apparently he can't string two thoughts together and draw an intelligent conclusion.

I think he should be fired. He's there to teach geography, not to make a political statement.


:iagree:
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!
Image


J.R.@A&M
Senior Member
Posts: 600
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:41 pm

Re: College Professor Freaks Out

Postby J.R.@A&M » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:46 pm

“My assumption is that you will have more people carrying guns – that will lead to problems. It always has,” he said.

I really hope he does not teach either statistics or logic.
“[T]he liberties of the American people [are] dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country.” Life and Times of Frederick Douglass


J.R.@A&M
Senior Member
Posts: 600
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:41 pm

Re: College Professor Freaks Out

Postby J.R.@A&M » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:49 pm

And as a public figure, of sorts, he is really ignorant about how to fly under the radar to stay safely un-noticed.
“[T]he liberties of the American people [are] dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country.” Life and Times of Frederick Douglass

User avatar

Syntyr
Senior Member
Posts: 983
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:54 pm
Location: Houston
Contact:

Re: College Professor Freaks Out

Postby Syntyr » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:25 pm

Piker! He needs to build this at the front of the classroom!

Image
Syntyr
Happiness is two at low eight!

User avatar

Lynyrd
Senior Member
Posts: 843
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:20 am
Location: East Texas

Re: College Professor Freaks Out

Postby Lynyrd » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:24 pm

And this idiot is a prof? What in the heck is he teaching our kids? He must be an old hippie with a grudge. :banghead:
Do what you say you're gonna do.


chasfm11
Senior Member
Posts: 3092
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:01 pm
Location: Northern DFW

Re: College Professor Freaks Out

Postby chasfm11 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:09 am

Lynyrd wrote:And this idiot is a prof? What in the heck is he teaching our kids? He must be an old hippie with a grudge. :banghead:


He is no different than many other younger professors. The head of the statistics department at UT Arlington was asked to lead a public forum on campus carry before the bill didn't pass the first time. He spent an hour harranging the students who attended that session about the evils of guns on campus while claiming that he had (at the time) a CHL. And then there was the sociology professor at Texas Women's University who wrote the artice for Time magazine two years ago. She claimed that she was going to have to give all of her students As because she was so terrified that one of them would shoot her with the soon-to-be legal guns in her classroom.

I suspect that professors do have some unpleasant discussions with students over grades. But extrapolating those ugly discussions to all students is one step worse than convicting all gun owners for the problems with the criminals who carry guns. It might be fun to engage the good professor in a discussion about why he feels unsafe. I suspect that his Elitism would jump out in less than two minutes of that conversation.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dun Spiro Spero


Return to “Anti-gun propaganda and other lies!”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest