Slate says "The guns won" in Charlottesville

There is seemingly no end to the extent to which anti-gun people and groups will lie about guns and gun owners. Post links to articles by these masters of prevarication here.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Flightmare
Posts in topic: 4

Slate says "The guns won" in Charlottesville

Post by Flightmare »

Disclaimer: Yes, I know Slate is a liberal rag.
Warning: Article may increase blood pressure

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_ ... s_won.html

I'm just dumbfounded by how they twisted the story to say that the the 2nd amendment an open carry were responsible for what occurred Charlottesville. Even when firearms are not the tool used by the sicko responsible, they are still blamed by the left. :banghead:
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Slate says "The guns won" in Charlottesville

Post by Pawpaw »

Why not? Shannon Watts made the same stupid argument: http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/0 ... ue-colors/

This one has some NSFW language, but it illustrates the hate this female gun rights activist has for Watts & Co.: http://victorygirlsblog.com/shannon-wat ... lle-riots/

I've also read that of all the people who were attacked by the antifa crowd, not one of them was openly carrying a firearm. I wonder why that was? :roll:
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

The victorygirlsblog was a fun read... Colorful language though! :lol:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

This makes zero sense. From what I read, there was plenty of violence that day. The thugs responsible used everything from sticks and rocks to fire and a car. But no one used a firearm unless I missed that report. It would be much more accurate to say that "the guns won" during the BLM protest last year in Dallas when 5 people (all LEO) were shot, or that "the rocks won" during the riots earlier this year in Berkeley when the civil rights of an "offensive" speaker were suppressed by an angry and violent mob.

The bottom line is that for a couple of years now there has been a constant drum beat of hate speech and violent threats, almost all of it coming from the Alt Left (Antifa, BLM, Hollywood celebs, Democratic party leadership, etc). It ramped up to hysterics after President Trump won the last election and we are seeing the logical, predictable, result with people dead, civil rights suppressed, and property destroyed.

Guns didn't win in Charlottesville. Hate won. Just like it won in the Baltimore riots, the Dallas protest, the Berkeley riots, and a number of other places. Hate is winning a lot of battles. Let's try to ensure that it does not win the war.

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Charlottesville - 44's malignant 'legacy' of racism...........

http://www.theospark.net/2017/08/charlo ... f.html?m=1
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 7

Post by bblhd672 »

The Deep State powers that be won in Charlottesville. There are plenty of first hand accounts and descriptions that show the state of Virginia, its governor, city government and police colluded in allowing the violence.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Bitter Clinger »

bblhd672 wrote:The Deep State powers that be won in Charlottesville. There are plenty of first hand accounts and descriptions that show the state of Virginia, its governor, city government and police colluded in allowing the violence.
True dat :mad5

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/08/15/cr ... olina.html
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 2

Post by crazy2medic »

Everytime I drive past the Confederate Monument at the Parker County Courthouse, I think it's just a matter of time!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

crazy2medic wrote:Everytime I drive past the Confederate Monument at the Parker County Courthouse, I think it's just a matter of time!
They'll be occupied with trying to put a rope around and pull this one down for a while:
http://politics.blog.ajc.com/2017/08/15 ... -mountain/
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Refreshing to have a President who will tell it like it is. The truth hurts but its still the truth.
Trump Says ‘Both Sides’ to Blame in Charlottesville Violence, Reversing Monday’s Stance
https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-says ... 1502830785
Mr. Trump said: “Before I make a statement, I need the facts.”
Unlike his predecessor who engaged his mouth before examining facts beyond what his handlers told him.

parabelum
Posts in topic: 3

Post by parabelum »

Police should have never allowed the two sides to lock horns. Like a banana republic. Almost like someone wanted civil unrest. Hmm.

WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 4

Post by WTR »

I do not agree with the white supprimist move ment, and I deplore the loss of life. However, I believe the WS movement took out a permit and the counter protesters did not. The police should have never let the two meet and have dispersed the counter protesters. I may not agree with your beliefs, but you have the right to express it.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I can't read anymore of this stuff. It's just too depressing. My own brother just told me off on Facebook, blaming all of this crap squarely on "the right", and called my disagreement absurd.

He had posted something blaming what happened at Charlottesville squarely on Trump, because of some cherry picked words Trump has spoken since he first ran for POTUS. I responded with:
Yeah, Trump has a mouth, and he ought to filter it more; and God knows he tweets too much. But how do you account for Antifa violence during Obama's presidency, before Trump got elected? This is not ALL Trump's fault. There is a sickness in the soul of any movement which believes that the answer to free speech which is found to be objectionable, is to show up with axe handles and Molotov cocktails, and to initiate violence against the speakers. How is that any different from when the Chicago PD rioted against anti-war protestors during the DNC in 1968......or Bull Connors and his fascist cops terrorizing MLK's freedom marchers? Initiating violence because you don't like the speech is fascism, no matter what light you cast it in, or behind which ideology you seek to shield it. Trump has the capability to be an [expletive matching buttocks to head wear] at times, but I honestly find this blaming all the violence on him alone to be disingenuous. Under the 1st Amendment, people have a right to be wrong. NOWHERE in the Constitution does it say that you or I have a right to beat their [bad word] for being wrong. Antifa was preaching violence before Trump. The white supremacists at C'ville are nothing new either. What HAS changed is the willingness of local authorities to intercede to stop violence. Instead, they order police to give them room to riot (Baltimore), or they pull the police out (C'ville). The world is going to manure, and it is politicians on BOTH sides who are fast-tracking it by refusing to govern.
My brother's response:
Sorry, no, you don't get to make this claim unchallenged. The constant threat of violence from the right goes way back before Obama, not only to the KKK murdering people for being black or a civil rights worker, but more recently look at this crap rhetoric coming from Wayne la Pierre and the perpetuation of private militias in order to "restore the republic" or those same "soldiers" who show up at peaceful marches in camo holding weapons. Sorry, the extremists on the right "weaponized" the thing, and people on the left will not have it anymore. It's scary, but we're tired of being intimidated by [expletive] thugs who happen to own weapons. So, we're going to be arming ourselves. No one wants a civil war, but I'll be ready if it comes. And I won't allow the sacrifices our fathers made to stop fascism in Europe to be wasted by fascist thugs here. We can agree that the authorities could do a better job of governing. But it starts at the top, and we know who's there. The idea that "both sides" share responsibility in some equal measure is absolutely the most absurd thing you've ever claimed.

PS: I know you're going to respond (you never don't), but I think you've said what you needed to as have I. Don't take my non-response as consent.
In CW1, brother fought against brother. What appears to be developing now is CW2, and nothing has changed. I'm really saddened by this.

I'm just going to keep buying ammo, food, and medical supplies.
Last edited by The Annoyed Man on Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

cheezit

Post by cheezit »

Are the police really required to do anything ? Doesn't warren vs DC cover that.

stroo

Post by stroo »

Given the violence that took place in Charlotteville and the number of people there who were armed, isn't it amazing that no shots were fired. We should be celebrating the wisdom of those carrying guns who didn't fire into the crowds rather than criticize them.

This also illustrates the wisdom of the 2nd Amendment and the law abiding nature of those carrying them!

Return to “Anti-gun propaganda and other lies!”