"Safety Bullet"

There is seemingly no end to the extent to which anti-gun people and groups will lie about guns and gun owners. Post links to articles by these masters of prevarication here.

Moderator: carlson1

User avatar

Topic author
E.Marquez
Senior Member
Posts: 2572
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:48 pm
Location: Kempner
Contact:

"Safety Bullet"

Postby E.Marquez » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:26 am

NOTE: MODs, if there is a better forum sport for this, please move,I could not decide what fit bests, so plopped it here.

And here you thought "empty chamber carry" was a thing only confused and inexperienced shooters considered a smart move..
I give you, the Safety Bullet. http://safetybullet.com

I was searching for something unrelated to this topic, and happened across this websites ad..
This salesmen is "selling" training and education is not the answer, only his "Safety" bullet and the required technique to use it of "Rack your gun twice. You have ejected the Safety Bullet and loaded a lethal round. Your gun is ready in an instant!" is the only common sense way to store a firearm.
And for only $25 you can get a expanding "bullet" that plugs the barrel after the trigger is pulled,rendering the gun "safe"
And his marketing WORKS...people buy this thing.... :roll:
No words or opinions I post in this forum are intended to be offensive to any member here.

User avatar

Jusme
Senior Member
Posts: 3822
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:23 pm
Location: Johnson County, Texas

Re: "Safety Bullet"

Postby Jusme » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:36 am

E.Marquez wrote:NOTE: MODs, if there is a better forum sport for this, please move,I could not decide what fit bests, so plopped it here.

And here you thought "empty chamber carry" was a thing only confused and inexperienced shooters considered a smart move..
I give you, the Safety Bullet. http://safetybullet.com

I was searching for something unrelated to this topic, and happened across this websites ad..
This salesmen is "selling" training and education is not the answer, only his "Safety" bullet and the required technique to use it of "Rack your gun twice. You have ejected the Safety Bullet and loaded a lethal round. Your gun is ready in an instant!" is the only common sense way to store a firearm.
And for only $25 you can get a expanding "bullet" that plugs the barrel after the trigger is pulled,rendering the gun "safe"
And his marketing WORKS...people buy this thing.... :roll:



How does this work in a revolver??? :smilelol5:

I guess you just load one in each chamber, pull the trigger six times, and then load real bullets, that won't be a problem in a self defense scenario, will it? :banghead:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

User avatar

Pawpaw
Senior Member
Posts: 5427
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:16 am
Location: Hunt County

Re: "Safety Bullet"

Postby Pawpaw » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:40 am

Go from SAFE to LETHAL in one second! Nothing is faster, period!


Since nothing is faster, that is my choice... nothing (at least as far as this "product" is concerned).
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member

User avatar

sjfcontrol
Senior Member
Posts: 6232
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:14 am
Location: Flint, TX

Re: "Safety Bullet"

Postby sjfcontrol » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:41 am

If you watch the animation at the top of their page, it shows how it works in a revolver.
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

User avatar

Jusme
Senior Member
Posts: 3822
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:23 pm
Location: Johnson County, Texas

Re: "Safety Bullet"

Postby Jusme » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:53 am

sjfcontrol wrote:If you watch the animation at the top of their page, it shows how it works in a revolver.



Yeah I didn't watch the video,before posting, but it all makes perfect sense now, just keep that rod in your pocket, disable your gun, push the rod into the barrel, and then you are ready to use it to defend yourself. Makes perfect sense to me. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I don't want to imagine, where I would have to keep the plunger rod, at night, when I'm just in my underwear. :shock:

What happen, if a child, pulls the trigger on your gun unbeknownst to you, and you attempt to fire it, by racking the slide, and it is locked up? Then you and your whole family are killed by a lunatic, while you look around for your special, "rod" ?

Here's a crazy idea, what if people just keep their guns away from small children? Do you think that would work? :headscratch
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:


Soccerdad1995
Senior Member
Posts: 2565
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:03 pm

Re: "Safety Bullet"

Postby Soccerdad1995 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:11 am

I looked at the web site and initially thought it was a joke. But it stopped being funny when he implies that you can leave a gun with live ammo sitting out where kids can get at it.

Here are your choices.....

Would you rather, go find a key to remove a lock, then load your gun.

Would you rather, try and remember the combination to a lock, get the lock off the gun, then load it.

With Bio metrics, if your hands are sweaty or bloody it might not read your finger prints. If the battery is dead your back to finding the key.

Or....

Rack your gun twice. You have ejected the Safety Bullet and loaded a lethal round. Your gun is ready in an instant!


Personally, I am not going to place the lives of my kids or their friends on a hope that they won't rack the slide a couple times and then pull the trigger. That is something that my kids have seen me do a ton of times as I function check a gun after cleaning it.

On the other hand, maybe this is the answer for everyone who is afraid to open carry because a BG might grab their gun. Just load your primary with nothing but safety bullets and then conceal a BUG that has real ammo.
Ding dong, the witch is dead

User avatar

Liberty
Senior Member
Posts: 5373
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:49 pm
Location: Galveston
Contact:

Re: "Safety Bullet"

Postby Liberty » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:20 am

Keep my guns always loaded, Most of them in a locked closet that is pretty accessible. My EDC on my desk. We have no regular child visitors. I have occassionally thought about keeping a pistol under my pillow, but a deathgrip in my sleep could shorten my REM sleep. It is expencive though. I think I'll pass.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

User avatar

bblhd672
Senior Member
Posts: 2649
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:43 am
Location: DFW, TX

Re: "Safety Bullet"

Postby bblhd672 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:29 am

"Safety Bullet"?? :headscratch Wouldn't a snap cap serve the same function in a semi-auto without the need to poke a rod down the barrel to clear it if you forgot you had a "safety bullet" loaded in the chamber when the bad guy was about to harm you or your family?
Forrest Gump said it best "stupid is as stupid does."
NRA Life Member, TSRA Member
“What ‘gun law’ would have prevented the Sutherland Springs church massacre? Or the Las Vegas massacre?"

User avatar

allisji
Senior Member
Posts: 768
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:44 am
Location: Seabrook

Re: "Safety Bullet"

Postby allisji » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:04 am

Soccerdad1995 wrote:
On the other hand, maybe this is the answer for everyone who is afraid to open carry because a BG might grab their gun. Just load your primary with nothing but safety bullets and then conceal a BUG that has real ammo.


Or just Open Carry an airsoft pistol and back-up carry a real gun.
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state rep Dennis Paul about co-sponsoring HB560.

User avatar

Topic author
E.Marquez
Senior Member
Posts: 2572
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:48 pm
Location: Kempner
Contact:

Re: "Safety Bullet"

Postby E.Marquez » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:21 am

bblhd672 wrote:"Safety Bullet"?? :headscratch Wouldn't a snap cap serve the same function in a semi-auto "

well no, not really (not that it speaks in support of this idiotic idea)
The concept is, if an unauthorized person squeezes the trigger, the gun is rendered inoperable until the authorized user makes it safe again.
With a snap cap, the unauthorized person, "could" rack the slide, eject the "bullet" that did not go bang and try again.
I admit, my sons were (are) a little more dogmatic than average perhaps, one attempt would not stop them from trying again again. ...so if i was stupid enough to not teach them, educate them, AND leave guns laying around ...a snap cap would work less well then a barrel plugging device actuated with the first trigger squeeze.

Personally I went with the education and training option for both sons, and will do the same for my grandson.....of course his father will have that task as well, and do it as well as would.
No words or opinions I post in this forum are intended to be offensive to any member here.

User avatar

bblhd672
Senior Member
Posts: 2649
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:43 am
Location: DFW, TX

Re: "Safety Bullet"

Postby bblhd672 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:56 am

E.Marquez wrote:
bblhd672 wrote:"Safety Bullet"?? :headscratch Wouldn't a snap cap serve the same function in a semi-auto "

well no, not really (not that it speaks in support of this idiotic idea)
The concept is, if an unauthorized person squeezes the trigger, the gun is rendered inoperable until the authorized user makes it safe again.
With a snap cap, the unauthorized person, "could" rack the slide, eject the "bullet" that did not go bang and try again.
I admit, my sons were (are) a little more dogmatic than average perhaps, one attempt would not stop them from trying again again. ...so if i was stupid enough to not teach them, educate them, AND leave guns laying around ...a snap cap would work less well then a barrel plugging device actuated with the first trigger squeeze.

Personally I went with the education and training option for both sons, and will do the same for my grandson.....of course his father will have that task as well, and do it as well as would.


I understand the concept, its idiotic and probably dreamed up by a bunch of anti-2A people. If the "inventors" aren't anti-2A, then they are horribly misguided to believe that rendering a gun unable to fire due to a barrel obstruction is a wonderful marketing idea.

I''l leave this here:
https://www.bbb.org/northwest-florida/business-reviews/guns-and-gunsmiths/safety-bullet-in-panama-city-fl-90018707/reviews-and-complaints?section=reviews&reviewtype=negative
NRA Life Member, TSRA Member
“What ‘gun law’ would have prevented the Sutherland Springs church massacre? Or the Las Vegas massacre?"

User avatar

Topic author
E.Marquez
Senior Member
Posts: 2572
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:48 pm
Location: Kempner
Contact:

Re: "Safety Bullet"

Postby E.Marquez » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:10 am

https://www.juralindex.com/civil/aron-l ... da365.html
really lacking any useful information that i can discern
No words or opinions I post in this forum are intended to be offensive to any member here.

User avatar

Topic author
E.Marquez
Senior Member
Posts: 2572
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:48 pm
Location: Kempner
Contact:

Re: "Safety Bullet"

Postby E.Marquez » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:15 am

No words or opinions I post in this forum are intended to be offensive to any member here.


RossA
Senior Member
Posts: 826
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:45 pm
Location: Houston, Republic of Texas
Contact:

Re: "Safety Bullet"

Postby RossA » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:23 am

What is even scarier is that so many gun ranges and dealers are carrying this crap.
God and the soldier we adore,
In times of danger, not before.
The danger gone, the trouble righted,
God's forgotten, the soldier slighted.

User avatar

Topic author
E.Marquez
Senior Member
Posts: 2572
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:48 pm
Location: Kempner
Contact:

Re: "Safety Bullet"

Postby E.Marquez » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:28 am



Mikey setting "an" example
Mike Worley.jpg
Mike Worley.jpg (6.11 KiB) Viewed 335 times
No words or opinions I post in this forum are intended to be offensive to any member here.


Return to “Anti-gun propaganda and other lies!”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest