Crime Prevention Research Center

There is seemingly no end to the extent to which anti-gun people and groups will lie about guns and gun owners. Post links to articles by these masters of prevarication here.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Crime Prevention Research Center

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Recently came across John Lott's site. A lot of good hard data here:

https://crimeresearch.org
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

G40yes

Re: Crime Prevention Research Center

Post by G40yes »

:iagree: Reading John Lott's books and articles has been a tremendous help in my learning journey. Highly respected and highly recommend.
.. tyrants accomplish their purposes ...by disarming the people, and making it an offense to keep arms. - Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, 1840

Rex B

Re: Crime Prevention Research Center

Post by Rex B »

John Lott responds in Scientific American:

"Melinda Wenner Moyer’s article “Journey to Gunland” (October 2017) is very biased and ignores virtually all of the literature on right-to-carry laws and gun ownership since 1998. About two thirds of the peer-reviewed, published literature shows concealed carry laws help reduce crime. I even provided Moyer with those published papers, but she doesn’t provide a single reference to or quote from them. Moyer appears completely unaware any of my research after 1998, making no mention of the 2nd and 3rd editions of More Guns, Less Crime (University of Chicago Press, 2000, 2010)."

Point-by-point takedown:

https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... american1/
-----------
“Sometimes there is no alternative to uncertainty except to await the arrival of more and better data.” C. Wunsch

Return to “Anti-gun propaganda and other lies!”