Discussion with my kids this morning

There is seemingly no end to the extent to which anti-gun people and groups will lie about guns and gun owners. Post links to articles by these masters of prevarication here.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 2

Discussion with my kids this morning

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

My kids were off school this morning, and I decided to go into work late so we could have breakfast together. My girls are both in High school. One is a senior, and the other is a freshman (freshperson?). As we were sitting there I asked them about the March for Life and recent "student inspired" gun control attempts. They mentioned that all of their friends were against guns, had never fired any guns, and had parents who didn't own guns. My girls have fired guns, they have their "own" guns (that sit in my safe of course), and they understand the need for guns to protect against criminals of all types (including those running a tyrannical govt).

I asked them "how many people were killed with assault weapons last year?" My youngest immediately said "zero, because there is no such thing as an assault rifle". I asked where she had heard this and she said her English teachers told them that in class. I am both very happy that my kid's school has at least one non-liberal teacher, and concerned that this teacher will likely be unemployed soon.

C-dub
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Discussion with my kids this morning

Post by C-dub »

That's pretty much how conversations with my Sophomore daughter goes. She has one or two really leftist teachers this year and just keeps her mouth shut when they start spouting off about one thing or another. She knows what they are usually talking about is bogus and could point out their flaws, but chooses to not get drawn into anything like that where she knows the views of many of her classmates and does not want to reap the whirlwind ounce they know her thoughts. Plus, given her experience with Jiu-jitsu she would likely hurt several before they would hurt or stop her.

She knows who has views similar to hers, so she's aware that she's not alone. It's not easy, but she's intelligent and knows the situation and her place at this age and in that environment.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Wife and I sat at the dinner table the other night, just chatting.
My youngest (HS) was upstairs with 3 friends and we overheard the upstairs conversation turn to guns.
Over the next 10 minutes or so, each of the four tried to outdo the other about the stupidity of the "more gun laws saves lives" crusade.

We didn't have any notion of where the 3 friends would stand on the gun issue, but those kids are welcome back to my house any time. :mrgreen:

Wife was laughing at me... something about "brainwashing"... :lol:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

Good job dad!
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Topic author
Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

It probably doesn't hurt that they are conditioned to being around guns as I OC whenever I am at the house. I find that I am even more religious about doing so now that my oldest has started to bring boys around the house ;-)

It reinforces the message that it is perfectly normal to have a gun on your hip, and that it won't suddenly decide to start shooting people.

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

Thanks for sharing. I'm glad to hear there is some common sense still in education, especially in the Houston area.
Psalm 91:2

Boxerrider

Post by Boxerrider »

My daughter's school remains a, "gun-free zone," but at least there were no walkouts.

Return to “Anti-gun propaganda and other lies!”