TSA Contact

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Mel
Posts in topic: 3

Re: TSA Contact

Post by Mel »

striker55 wrote:I have a respectable IQ yet I failed the TSA test and I wonder how some of their agent's passed the test? Not to sound like a dummy but also failed the Walmart test and really scratch my head when I see some of their employees. D'oh! :banghead:
I think you're looking at it wrong. The IQ limit on the TSA test is a Maximum, not a Minimum. The fact that you have a "respectable" IQ is probably why you failed!
Last edited by Mel on Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mel
Airworthiness Inspector specializing in Experimental and Light-Sport Aircraft since the last Century.

RPBrown
Posts in topic: 1

Post by RPBrown »

Based on what she was saying, I need another safe for all of my LTC cards. Maybe find a way to attach to each gun so I could catalog them :biggrinjester: "rlol" "rlol" "rlol"
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

:iagree:

I guess it's going to become even more expensive, since I will need a license for each gun I own, as well as one for each new gun I purchase. I need to call the TSA, and see if I need to attach my LTC to any gun I sell or trade. This is very distressing news. :smilelol5:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

not to laugh, but it is so refreshing to see tsa irritates them as well as me.
When i was freshly retired after 22 years of naval service, tsa denied me a job...NO SECURITY or FIREARM experience was the reason. :clapping: :biggrinjester: :biggrinjester:

i find them in large airports to be as smart as a bed bug. But at small airports in smaller towns like huntsville al or tyler it seems the agents actually live in the town and know almost everyone, so they are more apt to be pleasant and maybe the appearance of smarts.
I try not o irritate them, but do get my jabs in when something glowingly stupid occurs. Like making a no legged person get out of the wheel chair, then not helping them get back in.
dfw imo has the worse agents in the country, this includes atlanta hartsfield. well the southeast :mrgreen:
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

I have had my share of "interesting" encounters with TSA. One of my favorites happened when I was travelling from Houston to Las Vegas with a "large" amount of cash.

After going through the metal detector (not the body scan), the agent noticed a "bulge" in my pocket.

TSA: "Sir what is that bulge in your pocket?"

Me: (stifling the urge to make an inappropriate joke) "It's cash"

TSA: "Can I see it"

Me: "sure" as I fanned out the bills in my hand.

TSA: "How much are you declaring"?

Me: "I'm travelling domestically, not international".

TSA: "That's not what I asked! How much are you declaring?"

Me: "Well since I'm not travelling internationally, I'm not declaring anything. But if you really need to know, I have somewhere around $X including the cash in my pocket."

TSA: "OK, you can go."

From my experience, there are far too many TSA agents with minimal intelligence and huge ego's.

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:
From my experience, there are far too many TSA agents with minimal intelligence and huge ego's.
I thought TSA stood for Totally Stupid ASSociates!
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

Topic author
Mel
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Mel »

Well guess what! I found out where the people who fail the TSA test go. They become "Customs" Agents.
We were returning from a cruise on Tuesday. My Wife had made a significant Jewelry purchase in Grand Cayman. While clearing customs, the agent told us to "Go into the little room and get out your receipts." We did this and waited and waited. There was only one agent and he appeared to be trying to figure out what to do next. After waiting 15-20 minutes (seemed like an hour), he returned and proceeded to add up our receipts. Every time he added it up, he included the "total" into the addition, thereby doubling the total. We tried to explain to him that the total was just that and NOT an additional item. Finally after going through this several times, we made him understand. He then figured out how much duty we owed and directed us to the cashier. We waited there for several more minutes before the cashier looked at our paperwork and told us what we owed. Amazingly it was the same that the customs agent had told us. Then after several more minutes, she came back to tell us that her computer was down so we would not be charged. By this time, the entire ship had been cleared so it was relatively easy to get a Taxi. AMAZING!
Mel
Airworthiness Inspector specializing in Experimental and Light-Sport Aircraft since the last Century.

Richbirdhunter

Post by Richbirdhunter »

It’s possible that the government agent was wrong.
Disclaimer: Anything I state can not be applied to 100% of all situations. Sometimes it's ok to speak in general terms.

OlBill

Post by OlBill »

Richbirdhunter wrote:It’s possible that the government agent was wrong.
:lol:

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

striker55 wrote:I have a respectable IQ yet I failed the TSA test and I wonder how some of their agent's passed the test? Not to sound like a dummy but also failed the Walmart test and really scratch my head when I see some of their employees. D'oh! :banghead:
Are you sure you failed? Maybe you just scored too high. I was told that once for something I applied for. They said I would be bored to tears or something like that.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

NotRPB

Post by NotRPB »

So, since I belt carry a 9mm and a .45 and pocket carry a 9mm every day, I need to buy a new wallet with two more slots in it for two more licenses? :smilelol5:

Are they trying to force me to choose between capacity or caliber? ...

Decidophobia is, according to Princeton University philosopher Walter Kaufmann, a fear of making decisions ... I'll claim a disability.
What kind of vest would a support Glock wear?

Deltaboy

Post by Deltaboy »

Good Lord they walk among us! :banghead: ! :banghead:
I 'm just an Ole Sinner saved by Grace and Smith & Wesson.

der Teufel

Post by der Teufel »

RoyGBiv wrote:50% of all people are of below-median intelligence.

And it would seem that 100% of the TSA agents are in the bottom group.
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. — Rudyard Kipling
NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Life Member

sailor2000

Post by sailor2000 »

If memory serves, those few carry licenses issued in New York City include the model and serial number of the one firearm you are permitted to carry.
It is useless for the Sheep to circulate petitions calling for universal vegetarianism while the Wolves hold a different opinion.
NRA Endowment Member

http://www.senioranswer.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RoyGBiv »

Mel wrote:Well guess what! I found out where the people who fail the TSA test go. They become "Customs" Agents.
We were returning from a cruise on Tuesday. My Wife had made a significant Jewelry purchase in Grand Cayman. While clearing customs, the agent told us to "Go into the little room and get out your receipts." We did this and waited and waited. There was only one agent and he appeared to be trying to figure out what to do next. After waiting 15-20 minutes (seemed like an hour), he returned and proceeded to add up our receipts. Every time he added it up, he included the "total" into the addition, thereby doubling the total. We tried to explain to him that the total was just that and NOT an additional item. Finally after going through this several times, we made him understand. He then figured out how much duty we owed and directed us to the cashier. We waited there for several more minutes before the cashier looked at our paperwork and told us what we owed. Amazingly it was the same that the customs agent had told us. Then after several more minutes, she came back to tell us that her computer was down so we would not be charged. By this time, the entire ship had been cleared so it was relatively easy to get a Taxi. AMAZING!
Last time I had something to declare I got treated like a criminal. Yelled at by the agent who demanded to inspect my bags. I was waiting there while he rummaged through my dirty clothes and casually put my hands in my pockets. GET YOUR HANDS OUT OF YOUR POCKETS!!!!!.

When he was finally finished, I requested to speak to a supervisor. I asked the supervisor why I was treated like a criminal when I voluntarily declared that I had duties I needed to pay... Why was I yelled at? Why search my bag when I'm declaring that I have dutiable items and just want to pay? Supervisor said he'd have a chat the the agent. yeah, right.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”