TSA Contact

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: Keith B, carlson1

pbwalker

Re: TSA Contact

Postby pbwalker » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:44 pm

I fly 100k+ miles a year, and hold the TSA in the lowest regard. I've gone off on them in the past, and it's comical the kind of retorts they come up with. Mall cops have less of an ego, and a more respectable career than these gnats. TSA needs to go.
Last edited by pbwalker on Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
*NRA Endowment Member*
Veteran
"Real Patriots don't worship government" - Maj Toure

Topic author
Mel

Postby Mel » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:35 am

striker55 wrote:I have a respectable IQ yet I failed the TSA test and I wonder how some of their agent's passed the test? Not to sound like a dummy but also failed the Walmart test and really scratch my head when I see some of their employees. D'oh! :banghead:

I think you're looking at it wrong. The IQ limit on the TSA test is a Maximum, not a Minimum. The fact that you have a "respectable" IQ is probably why you failed!
Last edited by Mel on Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mel
Airworthiness Inspector specializing in Experimental and Light-Sport Aircraft since the last Century.

RPBrown

Postby RPBrown » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:31 am

Based on what she was saying, I need another safe for all of my LTC cards. Maybe find a way to attach to each gun so I could catalog them :biggrinjester: "rlol" "rlol" "rlol"
NRA-Life member
TSRA-Life member

Jusme

Postby Jusme » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:15 pm

:iagree:

I guess it's going to become even more expensive, since I will need a license for each gun I own, as well as one for each new gun I purchase. I need to call the TSA, and see if I need to attach my LTC to any gun I sell or trade. This is very distressing news. :smilelol5:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

powerboatr

Postby powerboatr » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:39 pm

not to laugh, but it is so refreshing to see tsa irritates them as well as me.
When i was freshly retired after 22 years of naval service, tsa denied me a job...NO SECURITY or FIREARM experience was the reason. :clapping: :biggrinjester: :biggrinjester:

i find them in large airports to be as smart as a bed bug. But at small airports in smaller towns like huntsville al or tyler it seems the agents actually live in the town and know almost everyone, so they are more apt to be pleasant and maybe the appearance of smarts.
I try not o irritate them, but do get my jabs in when something glowingly stupid occurs. Like making a no legged person get out of the wheel chair, then not helping them get back in.
dfw imo has the worse agents in the country, this includes atlanta hartsfield. well the southeast :mrgreen:
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy

Soccerdad1995

Postby Soccerdad1995 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:26 pm

I have had my share of "interesting" encounters with TSA. One of my favorites happened when I was travelling from Houston to Las Vegas with a "large" amount of cash.

After going through the metal detector (not the body scan), the agent noticed a "bulge" in my pocket.

TSA: "Sir what is that bulge in your pocket?"

Me: (stifling the urge to make an inappropriate joke) "It's cash"

TSA: "Can I see it"

Me: "sure" as I fanned out the bills in my hand.

TSA: "How much are you declaring"?

Me: "I'm travelling domestically, not international".

TSA: "That's not what I asked! How much are you declaring?"

Me: "Well since I'm not travelling internationally, I'm not declaring anything. But if you really need to know, I have somewhere around $X including the cash in my pocket."

TSA: "OK, you can go."

From my experience, there are far too many TSA agents with minimal intelligence and huge ego's.
Ding dong, the witch is dead

OneGun

Postby OneGun » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:40 pm

Soccerdad1995 wrote:
From my experience, there are far too many TSA agents with minimal intelligence and huge ego's.

I thought TSA stood for Totally Stupid ASSociates!
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

Topic author
Mel

Postby Mel » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:04 am

Well guess what! I found out where the people who fail the TSA test go. They become "Customs" Agents.
We were returning from a cruise on Tuesday. My Wife had made a significant Jewelry purchase in Grand Cayman. While clearing customs, the agent told us to "Go into the little room and get out your receipts." We did this and waited and waited. There was only one agent and he appeared to be trying to figure out what to do next. After waiting 15-20 minutes (seemed like an hour), he returned and proceeded to add up our receipts. Every time he added it up, he included the "total" into the addition, thereby doubling the total. We tried to explain to him that the total was just that and NOT an additional item. Finally after going through this several times, we made him understand. He then figured out how much duty we owed and directed us to the cashier. We waited there for several more minutes before the cashier looked at our paperwork and told us what we owed. Amazingly it was the same that the customs agent had told us. Then after several more minutes, she came back to tell us that her computer was down so we would not be charged. By this time, the entire ship had been cleared so it was relatively easy to get a Taxi. AMAZING!
Mel
Airworthiness Inspector specializing in Experimental and Light-Sport Aircraft since the last Century.

Richbirdhunter

Postby Richbirdhunter » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:13 am

It’s possible that the government agent was wrong.
Disclaimer: Anything I state can not be applied to 100% of all situations. Sometimes it's ok to speak in general terms.

OlBill

Postby OlBill » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:14 am

Richbirdhunter wrote:It’s possible that the government agent was wrong.

:lol:

C-dub

Postby C-dub » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:24 am

striker55 wrote:I have a respectable IQ yet I failed the TSA test and I wonder how some of their agent's passed the test? Not to sound like a dummy but also failed the Walmart test and really scratch my head when I see some of their employees. D'oh! :banghead:

Are you sure you failed? Maybe you just scored too high. I was told that once for something I applied for. They said I would be bored to tears or something like that.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.

NotRPB

Postby NotRPB » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:32 pm

So, since I belt carry a 9mm and a .45 and pocket carry a 9mm every day, I need to buy a new wallet with two more slots in it for two more licenses? :smilelol5:

Are they trying to force me to choose between capacity or caliber? ...

Decidophobia is, according to Princeton University philosopher Walter Kaufmann, a fear of making decisions ... I'll claim a disability.
What kind of vest would a support Glock wear?

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”