Pulled over for speeding - you won't believe what happened next!

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: Keith B, carlson1

Keith B

Re: Pulled over for speeding - you won't believe what happened next!

Postby Keith B » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:03 pm

kw5kw wrote:
Keith B wrote:
warnmar10 wrote:
TexasJohnBoy wrote:Every experience I’ve had with Texas State Troopers have been positive. I’m glad yours was as well
Me too except maybe for troopers at the drivers license office.

Many times assignments like the License Office are punishment jobs. I know this from an negative encounter with a Sargent and the subsequent communication with the DPS Lieutenant over the office. Needless to say the Sargent got to spend a few days on vacation without pay over the issue.

No, not at all! DL office jobs are a highly prized post!

Maybe for those who like beatings as well
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

kw5kw

Postby kw5kw » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:31 pm

Keith B wrote:
kw5kw wrote:
Keith B wrote:
warnmar10 wrote:
TexasJohnBoy wrote:Every experience I’ve had with Texas State Troopers have been positive. I’m glad yours was as well
Me too except maybe for troopers at the drivers license office.

Many times assignments like the License Office are punishment jobs. I know this from an negative encounter with a Sargent and the subsequent communication with the DPS Lieutenant over the office. Needless to say the Sargent got to spend a few days on vacation without pay over the issue.

No, not at all! DL office jobs are a highly prized post!

Maybe for those who like beatings as well

I retired from Texas Department of Public Safety; Law Enforcement Support Division; Communications; Police Communications Operator Level 3 (dispatcher for the rest of ya.)

The posting at a Driver's License office, I guarantee you, was/is HIGHLY coveted. It is MOST certainly NOT punishment. They actually have to compete for the posting. They not only test but have to go in front of a promotion board in order to qualify for the position. Just the same as taking a Sargent, Lieutenant, Captain, Major, etc. exam. It is as a prestigious a position as CID or Ranger in it's own right.
Last edited by kw5kw on Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Russ
kw5kw

Retired DPS Communications Operator PCO III January 2014.

Keith B

Postby Keith B » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:36 pm

kw5kw wrote:
I retired from Texas Department of Public Safety; Law Enforcement Support Division; Communications; Police Communications Operator Level 3 (dispatcher for the rest of ya.)

The posting at a Driver's License office, I guarantee you, was/is HIGHLY coveted. It is MOST certainly NOT punishment.

Punishment would be some dump out in the middle of the western desert areas of west Texas and expect them to work the side dirt roads to work crashes and also write a lot of citations.

Just saying what the Lieutenant told me. If I was a road officer, I sure wouldn't want to be stuck in a DL office.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Bushwhacker

Postby Bushwhacker » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:58 pm

stroo wrote:I have been pulled over a couple times by State Troopers. (I inherited a bit of a lead foot from my Mom! I try to control it but every once in a while it gets away from me.) Both times the troopers were great. Once one asked me to get out of the car but then we had a good conversation off the road while his trainee did all the checking on my license. Ended up with a warning rather than a ticket.

I was pulled over once by DPS. It was a Sunday night. It was a minor equipment violation.

The trooper was very professional. However, after I displayed my DL and LTC as the law requires, he made me get out of the vehicle and disarmed me. Then he had me stand at the rear bumper of my SUV while he did whatever he did on the computer. Verifying the guy with a LTC wasn't a wanted felon or something. When he finished he placed my unloaded gun and the ammunition on the passenger seat, then walked back to my rear bumper and handed me a warning. Why he unloaded it first, I don't know. Maybe worried I would shoot him over a fixit ticket.

It was a professional contact but not a trustful one. I wonder if he would have disarmed somebody with a TCOLE card?

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”