Texas Ranger Manuel "Lone Wolf" Gonzaullas

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
carlson1
Posts in topic: 3

Texas Ranger Manuel "Lone Wolf" Gonzaullas

Post by carlson1 »

Legendary Texas Ranger Manuel "Lone Wolf" Gonzaullas talks on his radio, 1946. He had the trigger guards cut off of his 1911 45 automatics and you can see they are missing in this photo. That's also, I believe either a Browning A5 or a Remington model 11 12 gauge. You can learn about the exploits of Lonewolf at the Texas Ranger Museum in Waco, which is highly recommended. I could go twice a year the Ranger Museum the rest of my life and never get tired of seeing. A lot of history there.

This was shot by noted photographer Ed Clark for Life Magazine. Fantastically detailed!

Rafe
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Texas Ranger Manuel "Lone Wolf" Gonzaullas

Post by Rafe »

Dang, the full image won't load for me at imgur. But is that shotgun also missing a trigger guard?!
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Topic author
carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Rafe wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:59 pm Dang, the full image won't load for me at imgur. But is that shotgun also missing a trigger guard?!
Sorry it will not load. I sure wish I knew how to load pictures without Imgur. I don’t like there sight at all. I will put it in here as a thumbnail and maybe that will work better.

You are correct the trigger guard is gone from the shotgun. I noticed a while back how none of the older holsters covered the trigger guard either.
IMG_4837.png

Rafe
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Rafe »

The attachment loads as a much larger image. Thanks!

"One riot, one Ranger with no trigger guards." Hm. That's a little bit of history I didn't know at all. On a revolver (DA or SA but hammer down) or even a 1911 the lack of the guard doesn't bother me quite as much. But a '40s era pump shotgun? Well, I guess not so much if it's carried "cruiser ready." But if a shell is in the chamber... Nuh uh.

Looks like I need to plan a trip to Waco since I've never been to the Ranger Museum. ;-)
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Topic author
carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Rafe wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 3:22 pm
Looks like I need to plan a trip to Waco since I've never been to the Ranger Museum. ;-)
Oh you have to go! Ever Texan should go. They have some guns and things from Bonnie and Clyde, a gazillion 1911 and guns from Rangers, and there is also a short film too. The coat of I remember correctly is bad at all.

JustSomeOldGuy
Posts in topic: 1

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

I vote for 'Browning Auto 5' on the shotgun, based on the receiver shape.
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”