Not a Good LEO Encounter

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

texasag93
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Not a Good LEO Encounter

Post by texasag93 »

:eek6
texasag93

davlanders

Post by davlanders »

Any news on this situation?
NRA Life Member
TSRA Member

Topic author
Tireshred
Posts in topic: 21

Post by Tireshred »

As he was driving to his court date Friday and was half way there, his lawyer called and told him it had been rescheduled, or he could opt to lose the guns and they would drop all charges and he could apply for his CHL (he took the class the weekend before he got arrested but never sent it in). He wants his guns and it's still up in the air, new date is late October, but it'll probably be rescheduled again.
"All of life's big problems include the words "Indictment" or "Inoperable", everything else is small stuff." Alton Brown

Purplehood
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Purplehood »

I hope he has an aggressive and 2A-savvy lawyer.
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

Topic author
Tireshred

Post by Tireshred »

He does, and is not giving up on the guns.
"All of life's big problems include the words "Indictment" or "Inoperable", everything else is small stuff." Alton Brown

redoregon
Posts in topic: 3

Post by redoregon »

Any updates? Hopefully the man got his weapon back, and the local LEO (and I use the term loosely) got slapped?
NRA/TSRA member
7/11/09: training finished
8/4: app sent
8/12: check cashed
8/22: PIN received
8/24: Application Completed - license issued or certificate active
9/28/09: Plastic in hand

Topic author
Tireshred

Post by Tireshred »

It's all over and he did not get either weapon back. The DA wanted them, apparently they get some sort of recognition for taking "x number of weapons off the street". My friend is still leary to say where this happened, I'm sure he wants to get it all behind him, but he's free and clear and can now send off his CHL app. PM me and I'll send you the city name.

CompVest
Posts in topic: 2

Post by CompVest »

There is way to many confirmed stories of LEOs overstepping their authority! This is not cop bashing this is stating a simple fact concerning several events I know to be true. The shame of it is that there is very little recourse unless the injured party has mega bucks to try for justice.
Women on the DRAW – drill, revise, attain, win
Coached Practice Sessions for Women

marksiwel
Banned

Post by marksiwel »

sounds like we should start a letter writing campaign for this guy.
why was the cop able to move the bag? My lawyer would be all over this guy (my lawyer is my wife, so its free!)
In Capitalism, Man exploits Man. In Communism, it's just the reverse

Target1911

Post by Target1911 »

boomerang wrote:I would write and call the offices of Governor Perry and Attorney General Abbott to complain about the abuse of office and encourage them to go after the cop and prosecutor for Official Oppression. I would file a complaint with the state bar regarding the prosecutor's misconduct. I would also contact Federal law enforcement.

:iagree: :hurry: :thumbs2:
DAD, You are missed
6-5-54 ~ 4-16-10
rwhedgeart.com
III% United Patriots of Texas

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

As I've stated before, IANAL and by no means an expert or authority in this area. It seems to me that this would be a clear violation of his 4th Amendment rights in that the MPA was in effect and the officer unconcealed the weapons.

Tireshed, do you know of any of the details of things discussed? What the DA wanted and the law seem to be at odds with each other. I don't understand how your friend was unable to get his weapons back. I'm very sorry for your friend, but I'm also curious if something like this were to ever happen to me.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

marksiwel
Banned

Post by marksiwel »

Tireshred wrote:It's all over and he did not get either weapon back. The DA wanted them, apparently they get some sort of recognition for taking "x number of weapons off the street". My friend is still leary to say where this happened, I'm sure he wants to get it all behind him, but he's free and clear and can now send off his CHL app. PM me and I'll send you the city name.
which city?
In Capitalism, Man exploits Man. In Communism, it's just the reverse

Topic author
Tireshred

Post by Tireshred »

C-dub wrote:As I've stated before, IANAL and by no means an expert or authority in this area. It seems to me that this would be a clear violation of his 4th Amendment rights in that the MPA was in effect and the officer unconcealed the weapons.

Tireshed, do you know of any of the details of things discussed? What the DA wanted and the law seem to be at odds with each other. I don't understand how your friend was unable to get his weapons back. I'm very sorry for your friend, but I'm also curious if something like this were to ever happen to me.
He's not one of my close friends so I don't think I'll ever know the intimate details. All he said was the DA wanted the guns for some sort of recognition and wouldn't drop the charges if he wanted to go any further and he wanted to get it behind him. Sorry I don't have more info or details but I'm sure there were some closed door discussions.

Topic author
Tireshred

Post by Tireshred »

marksiwel wrote:
Tireshred wrote:It's all over and he did not get either weapon back. The DA wanted them, apparently they get some sort of recognition for taking "x number of weapons off the street". My friend is still leary to say where this happened, I'm sure he wants to get it all behind him, but he's free and clear and can now send off his CHL app. PM me and I'll send you the city name.
which city?
I'll only give it out by PM (I'm not sure how that's any different than just posting it, but I wanted those who live near there to know and it's the only way I could think of not to post the name).

jbirds1210

Post by jbirds1210 »

CompVest wrote:There is way to many confirmed stories of LEOs overstepping their authority! This is not cop bashing this is stating a simple fact concerning several events I know to be true. The shame of it is that there is very little recourse unless the injured party has mega bucks to try for justice.

Everybody answers to somebody. I would just keep showing up on door steps and in front of desks until someone had an answer for me. Many local newspapers love to blog on this type of stuff....not good PR. Just my thoughts.

Jason
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member

"No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child."

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”