Travis County SO Deputy Contact

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
dave_in_austin
Posts in topic: 2

Travis County SO Deputy Contact

Post by dave_in_austin »

I had cause to have contact with a Travis County Sheriff's Office deputy Sunday. I was attacked and bitten by a dog while riding my bicycle in southeast Travis county Sunday evening. When the deputy came out to investigate and asked for my DL, I informed him that I was armed and handed him my CHL and DL. He immediately returned the CHL and commented that being armed could come in handy in this situation. If only all LEO contacts could be this positive with regard to CHL.

KBCraig
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by KBCraig »

So, did Animal Control come to collect the body?

Topic author
dave_in_austin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by dave_in_austin »

KBCraig wrote:So, did Animal Control come to collect the body?
Evidently animal control does not work Sunday evenings. I am supposed to call on Wednesday to find out about rabies certificate, etc.

Kalrog
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Kalrog »

dave_in_austin wrote:Evidently animal control does not work Sunday evenings. I am supposed to call on Wednesday to find out about rabies certificate, etc.
They don't work weekends by me either. And since it wasn't a call for shots fired, I am guessing that they weren't? What kind of a dog was it and do you know where to find the owner (might need to for the rabies records and all that).

Glad to hear that the Travis county SO you met was a decent guy. The DA of that county certainly interprets stuff to his benefit sometimes...

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”