Cleburne PD busted Drunk chasing my daughter.

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

jmra
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Cleburne PD busted Drunk chasing my daughter.

Post by jmra »

ELB wrote:
Deltaboy wrote:It gets better her name and arrest record were published in the Paper. :txflag:
Was it Rosemary Lehmberg?
"rlol"
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

gthaustex

Post by gthaustex »

"rlol" "rlol" "rlol" "rlol"

That was funny !!! :tiphat:

Topic author
Deltaboy
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Deltaboy »

No but that is funny.
I 'm just an Ole Sinner saved by Grace and Smith & Wesson.

Topic author
Deltaboy

Post by Deltaboy »

Sad update due to this incident my Daughter will not go back to the Cleburne Concerts on the Square. She said she doesn't feel safe even with me and her mother being there. That evening has left a bad taste in her mouth.

treadlightly

Post by treadlightly »

Keith B wrote:
Deltaboy wrote:Market Square is owned by the County and is no carry area just like the courthouse per the County DA. But I had pepper spray,cane,and my Kershaw Drone Folder. The cops were there with in 30 seconds of contact.
The square cannot be off limits unless it meets statutory guidelines as an off-limit place. The courthouse would be off-limits as courts are stautorily restricted, but the square is an open location and I don't think meets guidelines to be prohibited unless I am missing something. A government entity can't restrict carry unless it meets one of the prohibited places. Being owned by the county doesn't count.
Hmmm... It's my understanding that courthouses are not generally off-limits, just those areas used directly by the court - the judge's office, the court room, places like that.

Our courthouse is posted in those areas, the rest of the building I can go au naturel, by which I mean my natural, armed state.

I must conceal well. Nobody ever notices the gun. :biggrinjester:

Jusme
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Jusme »

Deltaboy wrote:Market Square is owned by the County and is no carry area just like the courthouse per the County DA. But I had pepper spray,cane,and my Kershaw Drone Folder. The cops were there with in 30 seconds of contact.

I don't know what DA told you it is off limits, besides it is owned by the City, and is not off limits, nor is it posted. There is an old City Ordinance that has been made invalid by the LTC laws. But I have carried there with no issues, even OC during the day, before a concert. (Mrs. Jusme works for the City) It is a nice venue, and the PD does a good job of providing security, I'm glad the situation was not worse than it was, but I agree with other posters, under the circumstances, I don't think a handgun would have changed anything.

I hope your daughter changes her mind, I hate that one bad apple ruins things like that. Remind her that this was a very rare event, and that the majority of the people know how to behave.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

The area the OP is talking about is a small 1 city block by one city block square that was originally made for a farmers market ( I forget the year, there is a historical marker there) They still have a farmer's market occasionally,and then they set up bands to play on the weekend during the summer. It has nothing to do with the court house, it is maintained and operated, by the City of Cleburne, vendors must get a city permit, and is patrolled during concerts by City PD. There are no signs posted regarding firearms, and is open to the public with no other restrictions to make it a prohibited location. See below:
http://www.cleburne.net/Index.aspx?NID=646

I was mistaken in my earlier post, it is still owned by the County, but the City controls all vendors, and all permit fees are paid to the City.

http://www.cleburne.net/DocumentCenter/View/652

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Jusme wrote:The area the OP is talking about is a small 1 city block by one city block square that was originally made for a farmers market ( I forget the year, there is a historical marker there) They still have a farmer's market occasionally,and then they set up bands to play on the weekend during the summer. It has nothing to do with the court house, it is maintained and operated, by the City of Cleburne, vendors must get a city permit, and is patrolled during concerts by City PD. There are no signs posted regarding firearms, and is open to the public with no other restrictions to make it a prohibited location. See below:
http://www.cleburne.net/Index.aspx?NID=646

I was mistaken in my earlier post, it is still owned by the County, but the City controls all vendors, and all permit fees are paid to the City.

http://www.cleburne.net/DocumentCenter/View/652
Would I be right in assuming that this area is something like the small park out in front of the Southlake town hall / court building?

Southlake had properly removed their old (not 30.06) signage from the building entrances a while back, which declared the building to be off-limits for concealed carry; and I have carried inside that building a number of times.......just not into the court. But nobody in their right mind would have ever attempted to post the park area out front as off-limits. That's just idiotic. So is the local DA in Cleburne and idiot, or is the city merely confused about what can and cannot be posted?
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

Wow Deltaboy! This forum sure went astray! I am glad everything went ok and that the PD there are rockstars! Its rare to have a LEO there when you need one but its so nice when they are! I am sure your daughter will be ok and it will be a running joke for the rest of ya'lls life! :anamatedbanana

"Bye Dad, im going to the store with some friends!"
"Bye, love ya, be safe... And dont steal any phones!"
:biggrinjester:
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Would I be right in assuming that this area is something like the small park out in front of the Southlake town hall / court building?

The area is several blocks away from the courthouse or any other government building. The only association with the county, is that the land was donated to them over 100 years ago. It is a piece of property that fell into disrepair, and the City took over maintenance, and they made several improvements (built new covered vendor areas, landscaping etc.) In exchange for managing vendors etc..It is mostly covered in concrete and pave stones.
I have been there several times, with Mrs. Jusme, she works for the health dept., and does inspections for food vendors there on some of the event weekends. I have OC there on numerous occasions, in full view of LEOs,
We haven't been to any concerts there, we always seem to have something else going on. But as the OP stated, they don't sell alcohol, so there is no TABC regulations to worry about. It is free to the public, and no restricted access.

I'm not sure who the OP spoke with at the County DA office, but more than likely it was a clerk or secretary, who was not familiar with the laws.

KD5NRH
Posts in topic: 3

Post by KD5NRH »

Deltaboy wrote:Sad update due to this incident my Daughter will not go back to the Cleburne Concerts on the Square. She said she doesn't feel safe even with me and her mother being there. That evening has left a bad taste in her mouth.
Y'know, you've got the drunk's info and a police report, so add in a somewhat evil lawyer and you've got the makings of a civil suit over the mental anguish the event generated.

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

KD5NRH wrote:
Deltaboy wrote:Sad update due to this incident my Daughter will not go back to the Cleburne Concerts on the Square. She said she doesn't feel safe even with me and her mother being there. That evening has left a bad taste in her mouth.
Y'know, you've got the drunk's info and a police report, so add in a somewhat evil lawyer and you've got the makings of a civil suit over the mental anguish the event generated.

Just from prior experience with drunks in Cleburne; They don't have much money, and if she was willing to go to jail, over what she drunkenly thought was her phone, more than likely she wasn't on the board of directors for a major corporation, so that premise probably still holds true. The old saying about blood from turnips....

I hope your daughter will come to realize that this was an isolated incident, and that the majority of the people didn't cause her any problems. Maybe if you offered to take a few of her friends to the next concert, so she wouldn't feel alone, and made sure your daughter knew you would be carrying your gun, it would help ease her mind. Cleburne, is still a relatively small town, and incidences like the one you describe are rare. But there is one in every crowd..

Topic author
Deltaboy

Post by Deltaboy »

TreyHouston wrote:Wow Deltaboy! This forum sure went astray! I am glad everything went ok and that the PD there are rockstars! Its rare to have a LEO there when you need one but its so nice when they are! I am sure your daughter will be ok and it will be a running joke for the rest of ya'lls life! :anamatedbanana

"Bye Dad, im going to the store with some friends!"
"Bye, love ya, be safe... And dont steal any phones!"
:biggrinjester:
Sadly she will not go back to Market Square. She says that night's events ruined the venue for her.

My Daughter is only 4:10 and 105 pounds even now but since she in college she got pepper spray, SOG Twitch II and strobing flashlight.

KD5NRH
Posts in topic: 3

Post by KD5NRH »

Jusme wrote:I hope your daughter will come to realize that this was an isolated incident, and that the majority of the people didn't cause her any problems.
It's Cleburne; give them time. They were just waiting for that one to get done causing her problems.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

jmra wrote:
ELB wrote:
Deltaboy wrote:It gets better her name and arrest record were published in the Paper. :txflag:
Was it Rosemary Lehmberg?
"rlol"
"rlol" "rlol" "rlol"
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”