Cleburne PD busted Drunk chasing my daughter.

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Deltaboy
Posts in topic: 14

Cleburne PD busted Drunk chasing my daughter.

Post by Deltaboy »

Last Saturday night we went to Market Square for Cleburne' s Concerts on the Square Series. Due to regulations I did not CCW PLUS we always have 10-15 CPD officers milling around the crowd. We been going for 2 years with no issues. Well all that changed for us. My 16 year old daughter is only 4.8 and 110 pounds was accosted by a drunk woman who swore my daughter had stolen her cell phone. My Daughter got away and found us., before we could get to an officer this woman showed up and Reyes to attack my Daughter ,well my wife stopped her and told her we didn't have her phone and she needed to talk to the Police before we called them. SHE ran and got the cops they checked our Daughter's Phone and the Drunk lady went off and th e Police had to tackle her and arrested her for public intoxication and resisting arrest plus disorderly conduct.

Needless to say we were all shocked by her behaviour at this Family event . But Thanks to CPD for their fast and professional response. This lady was so out of it I almost pepper sprayed her.
I 'm just an Ole Sinner saved by Grace and Smith & Wesson.

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Cleburne PD busted Drunk chasing my daughter.

Post by Excaliber »

This experience is another reminder that anything can happen anywhere and anytime. "Safe" places are those where really bad things don't happen often. That's much different than the idea that really bad things can't happen in those places.

Unfortunately firearm carry apparently was not an option in this circumstance and as it turns out, a firearm wouldn't have helped to deal with this level of threat, but this account presents another opportunity to remember that carrying only when one thinks he'll need it is very likely a losing gamble.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Keith B
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Keith B »

What 'regulations' prevented you from carrying there?
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

Keith B wrote:What 'regulations' prevented you from carrying there?
The invalid ones ....? :rules:
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

Topic author
Deltaboy
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Deltaboy »

Market Square is owned by the County and is no carry area just like the courthouse per the County DA. But I had pepper spray,cane,and my Kershaw Drone Folder. The cops were there with in 30 seconds of contact.
I 'm just an Ole Sinner saved by Grace and Smith & Wesson.

ELB
Posts in topic: 4

Post by ELB »

Deltaboy wrote:Market Square is owned by the County and is no carry area just like the courthouse per the County DA.
So Market Square is a courtroom? Has offices of the court in it? hmmmmm..... :headscratch

Glad the event came out alright for your family and the drunken fool went to jail.

But I think the DA, or someone, is selling you a bridge...and if so, yet another example of why the law prohibiting local governments from driving outside their lane wrt concealed carry needs some teeth in it.
USAF 1982-2005

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Deltaboy wrote:Market Square is owned by the County and is no carry area just like the courthouse per the County DA. But I had pepper spray,cane,and my Kershaw Drone Folder. The cops were there with in 30 seconds of contact.
The square cannot be off limits unless it meets statutory guidelines as an off-limit place. The courthouse would be off-limits as courts are stautorily restricted, but the square is an open location and I don't think meets guidelines to be prohibited unless I am missing something. A government entity can't restrict carry unless it meets one of the prohibited places. Being owned by the county doesn't count.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

n5wd
Posts in topic: 2

Post by n5wd »

They do things differently in Johnson County, you know?
NRA-Life member, NRA Instructor, NRA RSO, TSRA member,
Vietnam (AF) Veteran -- Amateur Extra class amateur radio operator: N5WD

Email: CHL@centurylink.net

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

Keith B wrote:
Deltaboy wrote:Market Square is owned by the County and is no carry area just like the courthouse per the County DA. But I had pepper spray,cane,and my Kershaw Drone Folder. The cops were there with in 30 seconds of contact.
The square cannot be off limits unless it meets statutory guidelines as an off-limit place. The courthouse would be off-limits as courts are stautorily restricted, but the square is an open location and I don't think meets guidelines to be prohibited unless I am missing something. A government entity can't restrict carry unless it meets one of the prohibited places. Being owned by the county doesn't count.
:iagree:

And the DA doesn't get to make the rules.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Is this one of those: You can beat the rap, but not the ride situations?

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Abraham wrote:Is this one of those: You can beat the rap, but not the ride situations?
I think this is one of those no one is going to arrest you deals. Police officers should know the open area of Market Square is not an off-limit location. And as long as it is not legally off-limits, then cover it up and go about yoru business.
Keith

ELB
Posts in topic: 4

Post by ELB »

OK, straying a bit from the actual point of the OP, but I am curious as to how Deltaboy was informed that the city (or county) banned CHL carry in that location. Signs? Article in the newspaper?

As I said earlier, this might be a useful data point for Mr. Cotton for the upcoming legislature.
USAF 1982-2005

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

Sure, however a CHLer who was taught by good instructor would know that Governmental entity cannot ban CC in their building unless they post a 30.06 or it is a court, prison/jail, or secured area of police station. This is why reading that PDS booket, over and over again is good for you.
Our County building has a court and it is posted with a valid 30.06 on the sliding doors.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Beiruty wrote:Sure, however a CHLer who was taught by good instructor would know that Governmental entity cannot ban CC in their building unless they post a 30.06 or it is a court, prison/jail, or secured area of police station. This is why reading that PDS booket, over and over again is good for you.
Our County building has a court and it is posted with a valid 30.06 on the sliding doors.
The 30.06 is only valid during the meeting of a government entity. It is not valid at other times. And the court building does not need a 30.06 to be off limits, but it helps to remind folks that the building may be CHLa non grata.
Keith

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Keith B wrote:
Abraham wrote:Is this one of those: You can beat the rap, but not the ride situations?
I think this is one of those no one is going to arrest you deals. Police officers should know the open area of Market Square is not an off-limit location. And as long as it is not legally off-limits, then cover it up and go about yoru business.
This.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”