Trooper contact east of commerce on sh 11

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
powerboatr
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Trooper contact east of commerce on sh 11

Post by powerboatr »

nocents wrote:Yep, You Are Correct. I logged out and back in just now and I saw it in the heading. I was really starting to worry.....but I forgot too..
yes we were about 10 or so miles out side of commerce headiness towards sulphur springs, but about a mile before the brashear turn off to catch I-30

matter of fact we spoke to his office and got his supervisors name and sent a mailed letter to express just how professional he was.

yes he was in a crown vic......lucky guy
the dodges look a bit small for large frame tall troopers
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

nocents
Posts in topic: 3

Post by nocents »

Don't know if the Trooper was my son or not but THANK YOU for your extra thoughtfullness in sending the note to the Trooper's supervisor.

RetNavy
Posts in topic: 1

Post by RetNavy »

LDB415 wrote:If I am ever stopped I plan to give both plus insurance id whether I'm carrying or not. I plan to hold all three out the window, holding them between my fingers with my hands open and palms up to clearly show there is nothing in my hands. I figure it can't hurt to do it that way.

once they run your license they will know if you have a CHL.... listening to the local PD this morning officer requested 28/29.... dispatch came back "28/29 clear... by they way she holds a valid CHL"... now if she showed the officer her CHL i dont know... he didnt request a check on that...

for me.... even if i'm not carry under CHL... i.e. MPA i will show my CHL... courtesy to the officer
"Freedom itself was attacked this morning by a faceless coward. Freedom will be defended!"
-President George W. Bush, September 11, 2001

LDB415
Posts in topic: 3

Post by LDB415 »

Yes, I know my license would indicate it but I figure giving it pro-actively is not going to increase my chance of getting a citation. With any luck it will do the opposite but in any event it shouldn't hurt to do so.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

Lubbock1911
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Lubbock1911 »

Our DPS and Sate Troopers have my utmost respect. They are out there all alone miles from help. I have never met one who was not well trained and polite. I travel often and have received a few "well deserved" citations but more often warning. I am not CHL but do carry a pistol concealed in my truck on the road.

Last week it got in the 70's I suffered from cabin fever so I gathered up 7 hand guns and 4 long guns, ammo and spent 4 hours at our range one county away. One the way back I was stopped for speeding. The patrol man walked up looking in the bed of my truck. hand on his side arm and ask for my license and insurance. I complied and said I want to inform you that I have a weapon in the truck. That may be wrong or right but I always inform a patrolman. He asked where is the gun and I replied which one?

He looked at me and said what? I explained I had been to the range and had several in the back seat. He glance in the back and ask how I like the new range. We chatted a short while about the new range. He then told me to stay in the truck and went to his car to check me out. He returned and handed me a warning ticket. I thanked him for the warning and said be safe out here. His reply was you too neighbor.

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”